Ace pilots use needler and not rotary

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TungstenCarbide, May 5, 2014.

1. current1y

True. Maybe what I meant to say it allows more predictable damage at longer distances since it seems to have considerably less spread.

In particular with the rotary I was finding it difficult matching the DSP others could dish out when you are in that head to head combat where both planes are facing each other at medium/longish ranges.
  2. Merlock

Rotaries are fine, just give them more ammo capacity so you don't have to run for ammo after fighting 3 ESF's or one lib.
  3. reydelchicken

All three rotaries should behave more like the vortek IMO.

The TR version especially doesn't have enough ammo.

As a comment, I don't think they should be buffed into the roles of the standard noseguns, as they're great for hit and run tactics instead of hover fighting at longer ranges.
  4. dragonwinds

The Vortek and coyotes have similar DPS, the only thing limiting coyotes is their clip size.
  5. IamnotAmazing

the vortek is by far the best gun for fending off coyotes, if you can't hit with it you obviously can't see the power of it
  6. Omarmh

I started playing again a couple of months ago after a long absence. I now find myself forced to use the Needler , specially after they recently buffed it again.

Our rotary does need a small buff, at least give us back the 5 bullets!
  7. zaspacer

Magazine Size or Reload Speed for Needler?
  8. Pikachu

Vortek used to kill infantry with 2 shots. :O
  9. skifton

457 (467 maybe?) rounds in a maxed out Vortek ammo pool.

:( Fight a lib or two....reload....fight a lib or two...reload. Can't even make it through a *big* dogfight. It's ruff.
  10. dragonwinds

500, but there is 33 taken out for your mag. So in total the reserve has 467. Its roughly fifteen clips and it takes about 4 to destroy a lib (with 100% accuracy)
  11. dragonwinds

Yes, but a decimator was more likely to hit your face than actually getting infantry with it.
  12. Levtech

Who needs ace pilots when you have skilled pilots using the M18?
  13. Omarmh

I agree the ammo capacity needs to get buffed also! For all factions!
  14. IamnotAmazing

you do realize all the nose guns except the banshee are named the m18?
  15. danielpxp

Yeah Rotary is still "good".. Yes, it was far better in the past, especially after the DPS nerfs, Magazine Size nerfs, Reload nerfs etc.
    But onyl thing preventing it from using it most of the time is its freaking low ammo pool.
    They already took 100 bullets from the max ammo pool from the TR Rotary, which made it even worse..

Give it 100-200 more bullets again and it is fine.
  16. Levtech

maybe
  17. Frosty The Pyro

I have not done the specific math for this, but in every case I have done the math when it comes up between those two, mag size is the one that gives the biggest dps boost.
    • Up x 1
  18. skifton

Thanks for the accurate numbers.

Although, assuming even 50% accuracy (which is a good guess against a lib), you're looking at 8 clips to kill one lib. Which is over half your ammo. Which means it's about time to reload.
  19. Schwak

I still rather like the Vortek and M18 rotaries. Hailstorm is nice in fur balls as well.
  20. minhalexus

I've been using the vortek lately, and it is pretty nice.

Get Racer, AB and the Vortek, and hit the mossies and scythes from the back.

I can 4-clip a lib, unless its a good one.
    8 clips for taking down a good liberator is not a bad trade.