How many months do you think till lib nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah2, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamRah2

2. Ronin Oni

I think this would help a lot:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?posts/2686554/

So before they nerf the Lib, I'd like to see that done so they can adjust it properly.

Also, I'd rather see ESF's be better at taking out Libs (primarily by only nerfing maneuverability and probably add more altitude drop when >60-90 degree banking in a Lib) and then have AA primarily designed to take out ESF's.

Otherwise, if we buff AA to take out Libs easily, ESF's will be basically worthless.
    • Up x 1
  3. z1967

I would give it one month, maybe two if they want to collect a bit more data. Higby did state that they are looking into the issue and will be resolving the balance issue soon. They have to collect and examine the data (whilst also taking in community feedback) and then take action. Regardless it will probably end up in the test server and be tested if people get on it. Fun and good stuff I suppose.
  4. MasterFancyPants

I said this in another thread, but it applies here:

"Lib farmers should realize something:

Libs are overpowered. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. You aren't going to convince the devs different.
    Libs are overpowered because the new weapons came out. Same thing happened to the Harasser and Infil. \
    Now, think what else happened to the Harasser and Infil? They were over nerfed.
    You can stop this by:
    One, admitting that libs are overpowered.
    Two, helping to provide ways to rebalance them.

You have the chance to keep you libs decent, or you will lose them.

Personally, I just what libs to go back to pre-buff. No one asked for it, they didn't need it.
    Let them keep all their new toys, as is.
    Buff back the Dalton
    Nerf Back the Resistance."

I honestly feel sorry for them. They are going to get hit so hard.
    Well, at least I can Skyguard farm.
    • Up x 2
  5. Pikachu

Even if SOE responded to this latest forumside insanity and undid the durability buffs, forumside would still call them overpowered even though they have been dealing with the same vehicle for 1.5 years and thought of it as underpowered for all that time.
    • Up x 5
  6. ronjahn

Inb4 non-constructive thread lock.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cougarbrit

Literally brought a tear to my eye.

You haven't used any of the new Lib weapons then I take it?
    • Up x 6
  8. Ronin Oni

Dalton does NOT need it's splash back. It's perfect where it's at. Zephyr and Shredder now have a place in Liberator loadouts.

their new toys did NOTHING to make them more OP... the new toys actually need buffing.

The Afterburner and Racer buffs were needed... they were a waste of certs before.

The new resistances is the only thing that could use some (but not all) reverting.

The only other nerf the Lib needs is to lose altitude faster when banked >60-90 degrees
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

You actually thought liberators were useful before the update? You actually thought they were anything but an unwanted weak child in ps2?
    • Up x 1
  10. TheFamilyGhost

What I don't understand is why players nerf themselves.

"I'm helpless! Look everyone! I don't have enough mojo to handle this challenge on my own!"

We truly do live in the dark ages of gaming.
    • Up x 3
  11. Verviedi

Eleventy-seven.
  12. Taemien

Valkyrie will be implemented and everyone will forget about the Lib.

A 4/4 vehicle with a dedicated gunner and two rumble seats for lockon heavies. Needless to say.. I'm saving up my certs now.
    • Up x 2
  13. Tar

yesterday was too late
  14. anchorman

I see a liberator nerf coming fairly soon but just a small one to speed or maneuvarabilty this would make them easier to take out . Their is no need to buff the skyguard unless they buff esf's to .
    • Up x 1
  15. MasterFancyPants

Let me clarify: The new stuff is not OP. The lib was made OP (and the Dalton was nerf'd) to get people to buy the new stuff. Same as Harasser and Infil.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ronin Oni

wait wait wait wait WAIT....

since when was the Infil made OP?

Did they make ESF's OP when they introduced the Hornets and Coyote's? (the answer is no except for Coyotes and only against other ESF's)
    • Up x 1
  17. Cinnamon

2 years why rush perfection.
  18. IamDH

19. Clay

Pikachu has it right. Nothing more to add.
    • Up x 3
  20. AdamRah2

ALL STATS NO ANSWER...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.