just me or aiming messed in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CaoCao7, May 5, 2014.

1. CaoCao7

is it just me or is something wrong with aiming in this game compared to... .. like, all other FPSs
    cant exactly put my finger on it , but, the aiming is messed up in this game, it feels stiff, or something???
    i messed with the mouse sensitivity, but i just cant get it right...

theres more recoil than usual??? i dont get it, it just feels wrong..

i tend to score #1 or.. at least top 3 in battlefield, and in call of duty, and like, Farcry 3 is waaay too easy for me,

but the aiming on here is wonky.. or is it just the starting guns??
    whenever i come into a 1v1 fight, i can never aim correctly, i can only kill by spray and praying hipfire.. lool..
    and yet in battlefield im pretty awesome..

also, it seems like i take waay too many bullets to drop an enemy, and they drop me effortlessly in a small burst... is that just the starting guns SUCK?

i want to like this game, but its making me mad lol
  2. Emotitron

3. GeneralPeragorn

The recoil in this is much higher than CoD and FarCry, and I think Battlefield. Also there is a lot longer TTK as well.
    • Up x 2
  4. CaoCao7

well, ive played ALOT of wolfenstein and quake wars, which have an even larger TTK than this game... thats not it exactly, although in this game it feels more annoying than wolf or QW because there is more distance fighting......

i just mean, the control is messed up, it doesnt feel like any other FPS i played, maybe its lag or PC "lag" or something??

i guess its the recoil... ?
  5. Trudriban

When you ADS in this game, the bullets come out from the dead center of your screen. Sadly, this isn't always where the red dot on your sights is. That might be why shooting is wonky for you. Grabbing a marker and putting a dot on the center of your screen or finding an overlay program (which is legal as long as it doesn't modify the game itself, I did some digging of my own on that one) are the best ways to know where your bullets are going

Also, just in case you're THAT new to this game, bullets aren't instantaneous and unless they're VS bullets, also affected by gravity (save for a few VS guns)
    • Up x 3
  6. Ripshaft

The default weapons are all top notch; the only two real possibilities here are that you're using a crummy mouse (I've been using a 8 dollar mouse for awhile now as my real mouse died on me - and it totally destroys your ability to fine aim)
    Or you're unfamiliar on how to handle weapons with recoil.

The games you listed have guns with basically no recoil to speak of so it's likely just a skill you never developed. Stick with it and you'll get the hang of it. You're likely also not used to using actual projectile weapons (where the bullets actually need to travel to the target), this can really throw you off, especially if you have difficulty seeing the tracers. This too just takes time to develop.

I'd recommend using the default gun that you have the most difficulty with and just using that for a few hours straight. Get a feel for the handling and start getting effective with it, avoid passive play, ie dont put yourself in a "shooting gallery" type of battle. Play for real, and play patiently and without any expectations of predeterminations. If you can manage that you'll without a doubt solve any issues you're having with weapon handling.
  7. HerpTheDerp

Make sure you enabled raw mouse input.
    • Up x 3
  8. NC_agent00kevin

I used to describe it as 'clunky'. You'll get used to it. Find your mouse settings and make sure its raw input as stated above. if youre laggy it will affect you more than in other games; not sure why but it felt like that to me before OMFG and my PC upgrade.
  9. DrPapaPenguin

Dunno, seems fine to me, and I played ET:QW for a long long time. Recoil is definetely bigger than QW, but diesn't really take long to acclimate. You'd also want to put foregrips on your starter weapons, they handle much better afterwards.
  10. Goretzu

Practice. :)
  11. Tommyp2006

This, the crosshairs in this game are off center. The NV scope is the only centered one.
    • Up x 1
  12. ViXeN

I felt the same way when I first started on PS2. Something just felt different about it as far as aiming goes but I could never really figure out what it was... The recoil is definitely higher than on a lot of other games but I'm not sure if that is the issue. I did adapt to whatever it is eventually so don't worry about it. I'm sure you will too.
  13. Gritmo

You could put a piece of tape on the center of your monitor for crosshairs, that's how annoying that is.

But, uh, there's CoF and bloom... At 10m, a 0.6 CoF will be about 10cm radius.
  14. Ivalician

Battlefield and Call of Duty are less about mechanical ability ( aim precision, twitch ) than positioning. Planetside has an emphasis on both. If you can't hold up your end in terms of mechanical ability ( due to higher TTK, much higher recoil, etc ), better players can still get you.
  15. Tar

Planetside is just yet another FPS variant. If you have trouble figuring it out, maybe you're not that awesome?
    • Up x 1
  16. IamDH

Are you TR? They usually have horizontal recoil which can throw you off
  17. dBMachine

Is it really? I always felt like the recoil in this game is much more manageable than CoD and such. Maybe it's my easy mode VS weapons(lol) but I usually empty my entire clip with one trigger pull as long as I control the recoil properly.

Then again, I haven't played any CoD type games in a long time. The only other FPS I've been playing is Counter Strike. In which case PS2 absolutely has easier recoil than CS.
  18. Cinnamon

Hit registration has seemed to be a bit messed up occasionally recently and you may not also be aware of how things like the different heavy shields, range and nanoweave affect how many shots you need to land. Character movement can also be said to be very weird and jittery at times with hitboxes not being ideal.
  19. Jogido

can be a number of things. More recoil to compensate for, increase hits to kill, bullet drop.

What Frame rate are you getting (Alt-F)? Sometimes people use to a higher smoother frame rate will have trouble if it dips down to 30 or less.
  20. CrazyMike

You are not wrong. Players in this game are punished for ADS (Aiming Down Sight). All bullet speed is unrealistic and slow, no matter what type of gravity bull**** you want to spin. A player can simply strafe left to right and you will miss 50% of your shots, because you are not firing a stream of supersonic bullets at them in PS2, you are firing a water stream from a garden hose. And not with one of those spigots that sprays out a concentrated stream, but you are plugging that bad boy with your thumb and doing it. The physics for guns in this game are ****. Some idiot will follow this post by saying, "Oh well you must have a crap computer or vid card." Wrong. If you want realistic guns stick with other fps. This is a joke. I already uninstalled this game.