My Name Was Changed Without My Knowledge

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SacredRay, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SacredRay

Ingame my name is SacredReich. Although I have not logged in in almost a month, I think it was changed to SacredRay on there too - because my name here is SacredRay now.

Why?
    • Up x 5
  2. KAHR-Alpha

3. SharpeShooter

hahaha SOE being terribly PC again lol. I don't think they understand what Reich means, and have attached it with Hitler I'm guessing lol.
    • Up x 8
  4. barunedpat

If it was changed due to its connection to Hitler, then it is racist against german language.
    If your name had n_azi in it sure, but reich is just a word for kingdom, no reason why that should be offensive.
  5. SacredRay

Seriously... -_-
    I'm 24.. I've had that name on every single gaming account and forum since I was 16.

I'm also Black with my parents from Nigeria, what the hell do I have to do with Nazism?

Sacred Reich = Sacred Realm or Sacred Kingdom. I chose this name because it fits an ideology that I believe in and its also the name of one of my favourite songs: "Dark Tranquility - Sacred Reich". Althought the song talks about Hitler, it does not glorify what he did, but insteads focuses on the idea of a "Master Plan", which is what I took from it.

Change my name back.
  6. AshHill07

Some companies are weird. I got banned from World of Tanks because my name was "Offensive". If anyone is curious as to what name I used, its over there <<<, and down there \/\/\/.
  7. Jachim

I remember a few years back in WoW someone had the name Ordanus and requested the GMs change his name as it was the same as some night elf NPC or some shiz and people kept giving him a hard time about it.

He got banned temporarily for the reason 'Reference to horde anatomy'....

.. few years? Wow, they've had namechange for a loooong time. This was like vanilla WoW I think actually.
  8. Paisty

Might be because that is a bands name and has been since the 90's.
  9. SharpeShooter

yep it should be turned back! you have my vote +1

what are you jabbering about? The word Kingdom is a bannable name when its typed in German? lol
  10. Kristan

One Ray! One Further!

huehuehue
    • Up x 7
  11. Copasetic

Well these are the same guys who ingame filter the word 'minigame' even with the profanity filter turned off. See if you can figure out why!
  12. Stormsinger

The GM's in Everquest once forced a name change for my bard, Starflight. For about a day, I was known as "Spoooo" (He picked the name, not me ) ... Following a visit from a second GM, I became "Ahl'BeBach"

No, my story has no real point, I just felt like sharing :p
    • Up x 2
  13. Goretzu

Well it'll either be because someone doesn't understand it is actually a word and only knows it from WW2 films - which is rather daft and would be a bit anti-german tbh.

Or to do with the band, which is also daft, but might just be them being paranoid.

Not sure you'll get much joy either way though.
  14. Nitrobudyn

I know Your pain. Once, i tried to name a character SokZGumijagod which stays for GummiberryJuice in Polish - the game claimed the name is profane :rolleyes:
  15. Longasc

There are a lot players with way worse sexist, **** or whatever kind of stupid names still active in Planetside 2. If they change SacredReich then I can only wonder why some absolutely offensive names are still around, despite reporting them.
  16. DooDooBreff

Logged in just to welcome you. A taste of what ita like to be a white guy and get called.racist for using plain language. Enjoy the double standard, friend
    • Up x 1
  17. Kociboss

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Can't wait for my nickname to be changed. Afterall, I'm using the bad and evil word "mafia".
  18. Prudentia

did you know that j a p, a common slang for the german ja (yes) is also censored?
    i have many conversations that go like this: (translated of course)
    did you know [thing]
    tough Tayradactyl gave me the twitter of the guy who codes the language filter
    @LordCosine
    enjoy ;)
    (he is actually a pretty nice and helpful guy so pls don't insult him)
    the real issue however is not that it's kinda racist to germans, but that it's completly racist to japanese guys
    • Up x 1
  19. -MJ12-

I'm German and I am not offended by "SacredReich". Duh.

On the other hand I encounter people using german words for testicles, behinds, feces etc. on a daily basis. Sometimes I report their names but as far as I noticed they remain unchanged, maybe because there are no german GMs.

Your bad luck is that "Reich" is a popular word connected to Hitler, but in the end it's just a normal word like "empire" or "kingdom", or even "rich".
    But Ray is a nice name too, isn't it?
  20. RadarX

If you have a concern with your name change, this is a conversation you should have with Customer Support. If you have a concern about your forum name, drop me a PM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.