I'm dumping some more money into PS2, Suggestions on weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Krayus_Korianis, May 5, 2014.

1. Krayus_Korianis

I'm gonna be putting some more money into PS2 for SmedBucks. I was thinking of getting the AV MANA Turret. Anyone have other suggestions?

I already have a Commissioner and the Underboss as well as a MCG on my TR.
  2. Bortasz

NS stuff.

Decimator/Anihilatot.

Bundle for liberators (Dalton Tank Buster and Walker).
  3. z1967

Buy NS weapons for your class/vehicle so you can use them on other character of other factions if you want to. Other than that, get some good to have stuff like Skyguard and make your vehicle of choice bedazzling with camos and lumbifier.
  4. Prudentia

Weapons you think are interesting, but not care enough to get with certs
    for me that was
    Rocketpods
    nearly all LMGs
    Decimator
    Magrider weapons
    Harrasser Fury (mainly to have a HRS weapon on my alts where i don't have the PPA)
    Dalton

suprisingly little...
    also Tech camo
    and lumifiber
    lots and lots of lumifiber
    • Up x 1
  5. Krayus_Korianis

I don't fly, every time I do, I end up crashing the aircraft in a most (horrendously) amusing way. Most vehicles have poor bounce, so I hit a small stone or a ledge in the middle of a road (not sure why that's there), and it flips o_O lol.
  6. AGD4

Assuming this is you: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428011263370753537/ , it looks like you've got your bases covered, unless some of those weapon kills were made during a trial.

The AV Mana is still quite effective, and since Engi is your 2nd most played class, I'd go for it.

I would ultimately suggest, however, that you maybe invest in a 3-month heroic boost in lieu of any weapons, as you'll likely earn enough certs to buy a dozen weapons before it expires.
  7. Llaf

For TR the best and/or most popular weapons are generally as follows for infantry -

Infiltrator -

RAMS .50m for render distance sniping.
    Some say SR-7 for a more balanced scoped BASR build.
    TSAR-42 for a closer range bolt-action option.
    SOAS-20 for mid-range automatic
    SMG-46 Armistice for close range

Light Assault -

Jaguar - Extremely popular and effective weapon since it's inception, this weapon is the staple of TR light assault. Good all around
    Lynx - If you prefer more of a close range oriented weapon(Currently stronger than the Armistice at close range)

Combat Medic -

TAR - Really popular all-around weapon, was nerfed though.
    Cycler TRV - TR's answer to the Serpent and GD-7F, this weapon is nigh-unstoppable at close range, with decent control at mid.

Heavy Assault -

TMG-50 - Very popular mid-range headshot machine. TR's only 167 damage LMG.
    MSW-R - The TMG-50's polar opposite in terms of role. Very popular close range LMG.
    Grounder - Anti-Air launcher that can also be dumbfired, good for general purpose.
    T-32 Bull - Throwing this in there out of personal preference, but it was buffed recently and has insane muzzle velocity, great mid-long range option IMO.

MAX -

MRC-3 Mercy - Most popular TR MAX weapon, generally intended for mid-range although they function okay as all-rounders.
    Pounder - I expect it to be nerfed soon, but even if you're spending certs and not SC, just get the second pounder.
    Burster - Dual burster is a handy option to have when trying to break out of a spawn camp

Common pool across TR classes and/or NS weapons -

SMG-46 Armistice - TR's best SMG option
    AS-16 Nighthawk - User Friendly automatic shotgun, widest spread so very close range is required, but no real aiming.
    TRS-12 Uppercut - Standard TR pump shotgun, if that's what you're into. Blackjack is a little harder to use.
    NS-Decimator - Strongest dumbfire launcher in the game, excellent against everything, comparatively difficult to aim.

I think I covered everything here. Good luck.
    • Up x 1
  8. Krayus_Korianis

That's my character page. I already have 4 3 day boosts for Xp. I have yet to actually use them, also 2 1 day boosts as well lol.

The character page doesn't save kills for weapons you don't have. So, you know. I bought all of those with certs and SmedBucks. I might go for a RAMS .50. It seems nice.
  9. Crayv

I'd go for NS stuff and camo. You can't buy camo with certs and unlocking a gun for multiple chars really makes it affordable. If you really insist on playing just one faction then go ahead and maybe buy a few other cosmetics that you like.

Engie AV turret is a great one to get (highly recommend getting). Even after the nerfs it is still good.

The "Fresh Meat" bundle is a very good way to stretch your SC.

For vehicles, you could get a Halberd for your Harasser or the Skyguard for your Lightning. You could also get a 2nd burster arm for you MAX.
    • Up x 1
  10. IamDH

Buy the Lynx, i was very pleased with it
    • Up x 1
  11. Krayus_Korianis

I've already bought the Fresh Meat Grinder pack. lol. A couple of months ago actually for $1.99 real money from SOE. I might get the AV MANA Turret next month. Depends on how I feel. I got the RAMS .50 sniper rifle, it's pretty dang good. Better than the M77-B sniper rifle that I was using.
  12. Flashtirade

I'm going to answer in a general sense, but the TR-specific comments apply to you.

1. At least one SMG for every faction (or get the NS one and be done with it).
    TR: Armistice, much better than the Hailstorm except in the ammo department.

2. A lock-on launcher that can do AA duties for every faction (or get the Annihilator). The faction-specific ones can be dumbfired, but if you're going to use SC you might as well get the Annihilator and use the stock dumbfire for everything else.
    TR: I can't recommend getting the Striker unless you are holding out for an eventual overhaul. Due to the nature of the weapon, it will always either be OP or UP compared to other lock-ons, particularly its direct competitor the Annihilator.

3. Weapon bundles for vehicles you use or are interested in using, especially the heavy ones: MBT (Prowler in your case), Galaxy, and Liberator.

4. The Halberd for any vehicle that can equip it and that you use or are interested in: MBT (Prowler) and Harasser.

5. Second Burster and/or the Skyguard. Be credit to team.

6. The highest-tier sniper rifle. For TR this would be the RAMS. Even if you're not a frequent sniper, this is a weapon worth getting.

7. Any weapon that opens up a different/unique playstyle. It's not that hard to get bored or burnt out using the same tools over and over again, and this investment is for those times.

8. The Composite Armor bundle. Nothing says "TR" like stacks of giant vinyl records on the back of your MAX.
    • Up x 1
  13. Krayus_Korianis

I also have an NC and VS character on Connery as well as all three on Mattherson. Either way, I already got the TR AA/AG launchers for my HA, they're fun and useful. I also got a lot of kills with the standard launcher o_O That thing is waaaay too easy to headshot with lol.

But yea, I'll be picking out some other NS or whatever stuff next month at any rate, maybe get a jackhammer for NC. Nothing says NC more than a shotgun to the face.