Hands up if you know anyone who's even seen anyone take down something with a Striker.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TotalNoob, May 5, 2014.

1. TotalNoob

MassivelyoverpoweredLibside2 v TR Striker.

This game is starting to wear me down to the point it's no longer worth logging in. Every battle involves about six NC Libs ensuring you can't get a spawn point anywhere near the battle, or you can't leave the spawn room.

The mitigation? Twofold:

1) Root yourself to the floor with a max in order to equip a gun which takes six full magazines to destroy one Lib. This usually results in 100% death by C4 fairy and/or 6x Dalton and never a dead Lib unless the pilot is a quadriplegic 76yr old blind goat.

2) Pull your Striker! With a lock on range of about 7cm and most of the projectiles impacting the ground near your feet you can't fail... You have to be standing on a hill with six miles clear view all around with the Lib practically touching the barrel in order to get one successful hit. Usually you die via Dalton before you get up the hill or get weapon locked when your rockets hit you own team.

I heard Archage was okay. Can't be any worse than this.
  2. z1967

Before or after the nerf?
    • Up x 5
  3. Alarox

Before the nerf? Yes, many things.
    After the nerf? When people decide to use it.
    • Up x 4
  4. AdamRah2

only in like squads of 4, then it's a clustinder **** singh
  5. IamDH

*Raises hand*

Seriously though, 6 NC libs either means you're exaggerating or heavily overpopped
    • Up x 4
  6. Verviedi

I hate strikers. 1/4 of my ESF deaths have been from those bastards.
    • Up x 2
  7. TriumphantJelly

My scythe. A few times.

:oops:
  8. gartho33

*follows hand raise*

the striker may be a load of crap most of the time, but if you can find one spot where they cant find/hit you, u'll get a kill or two on an esf... and if you lucky an overextended lib will try to take u with him.
  9. Llaf

I killed a lightning recently with the Striker. I screamed with joy in yell chat because I was so surprised.
    • Up x 1
  10. Epic High Five

I've seen Strikers take out people who had gotten locked on to, then ducked behind a mountain and popped flares, because it ignored the flares and phased through the mountain.

So, uh, yes?
    • Up x 1
  11. SNAFUS

You must be new as Strikers used to strike fear in all non TR pilots due to their broken mechanics and ridiculous damage they used to do.
    • Up x 2
  12. Fenrisk

Since the nerf no one users strikers unless they haven't got a grounder or annihilator or they don't know it's a waste of time. Grounders and annihilators do more DPS then a Striker after the first reload. Your ALWAYS better off with a grounder or annihilator which is funny considering one's a NS weapon.

Striker

1. Least DPS of all lock on rockets. (due mainly to having to WAIT for ALL your rockets to HIT before you can RELOAD)

2.Least range of all Lock On rockets. (300m compared to grounders 500m)

3. WORST lock on mechanic in the game. Hover over target till all rockets hit, if lock breaks for a split second all rockets instantly miss, and you can't drop your sights to reload till they all hit. Striker doesn't ignore flairs at all all. As soon as you click flairs all the strikers rockets fly upwards and explode instead of following the target.

Pre Nerf the striker had ONE thing going for it. Alpha damage. It had acceptable sustained damage and acceptable lock on mechanics. The striker in it's current form is the worst rocket launcher in the game.
    • Up x 5
  13. The Rogue Wolf

I downed two Liberators within the space of a half-hour the weekend before last. Everybody thinks nobody uses the Striker anymore, so nobody thinks of what to do when someone does.
    • Up x 1
  14. Wizz

I died to one yesterday in an ESF. It rarely happens though. They are pretty easy to avoid, but for a good reason.
  15. Fenrisk

A lib would eat you before even one of the strikers rockets reached the target. Striker isn't even designed for taking on a lib since you have to stand there like a complete idiot while all rockets are fired and hit. (close to 20 or 30 seconds) What's the Lib doing while your stood there that long? AFK?
  16. EGuardian1

The problem is people seem to think that a Striker should be able to take an ESF down with only a single salvo, rather than ANY OTHER lockon that takes 2-3 Salvos. A pair or trio of lockons with ANY lockon do serious damage if they hit - key word IF they hit.

The biggest drawback to pulling a Striker is no dumbfire mode - If they added Dumbfire mode and made sure that the overall damage it does to infantry and MAXs is balanced, wham, you've got a pretty awesome weapon.

Right now it suffers the same problems as the Annihilator - too situational, and like all Lockons, relatively easily dodged/spoofed.
    • Up x 4
  17. Latrodectus

I saw a squadmate get hit by a Striker when he was standing in front of a Sunderer once. But vehicle kills? Nothing comes to mind post-nerf.
  18. Maljas23

If you can get all 5 rockets to hit, it does slightly more dmg than a single Decimator. However, the odds of all 5 of your rockets hitting a single target are extremely low. Add to the fact that you can't lower your sights to reload unless you want your rockets to fly toward the skybox. Also add to the fact that it has the lowest range of all lock-ons.

Striker is not a good weapon. SOE, an additional 25 velocity on the rockets does almost nothing to fix the problems. Revamp this weapon, or, if you must keep it a lock-on, buff it's range/velocity/dmg significantly. Right now, it has almost nothing going for it.

If you are willing to revamp, turn it into a laser-guided dumb-fire with extremely low splash dmg so that it isn't effective to use against infantry. You can also turn it into a coyote-style dumb-fire launcher with high velocity.

As the Striker is currently, its just a worse and boring version of the NS Annihilator. Please perform the service that you guys have done to the MCG, to the Striker.

Thanks.
    • Up x 2
  19. Fenrisk

The striker never took out ESF's in one salvo pre nerf and no none thought it should. It was 8 rockets pre nerf to drop a ESF or a good 35+ seconds stood there on the same spot leaving you wide open to attack.

Pre-nerf the striker was fine. It was only used so much because it had higher Alpha DPS then the annihilator which it should do considering it's a faction weapon. Now with the changes to it's lock it does worst damage then any other lock on in the game.
  20. NC_agent00kevin

Strikers were ridiculous pre nerf. A lot of the guys I played with outright avoided any fights with TR because we knew it would just be Strikers Strikers Strikers everywhere. They were very imbalanced and everyone knew it. Yes, it sucks that your RL turned out to be another lock on launcher and we already had 3 different ones to choose from. That doesnt mean it gets to set ESFs on fire with one lock/salvo though. That doesnt mean you get to take a tank to 50% HP with one salvo. Just because its not unique doesnt mean it gets to be OP.
    • Up x 2