What classes do you still use nanoweave on?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NateTronic, May 4, 2014.

1. NateTronic

After the Big Nanoweave changes i dropped it on pretty much all my classes.
    Do you guys still use it and what class,why?

I just certed it for SMG infil and probably gonna max it for my medic too
  2. Maljas23

Out of my 4 different heavy loadouts, I only use it on one. That one is the PA shotgun "RUSH IN AND KILL ******** ON POINT" build. I used to use it on my MCG build, but i traded it for max ammo pouch. My other 2 uilds use either ASC or Flak armor, depending on the level of explosive spam.

I also use Nanoweave on one of my 4 Infil builds. Other 3 use ASC or Adrenal pump.
  3. Groucho Marxist

I use it on a few of my close-range or defensive loadouts, primarily for Heavy and Medic where I really want that extra longevity but can't afford to hide while shields recharge. That never really changed from before though.
  4. Dietre

I mainly use Flak myself. I have a max nano on my medic if im running frontline medic. If im playing more medium ranged and healing ill use asc or flak. that's about it from nano
  5. The Rogue Wolf

Mainly only on support classes, in hopes that it'll buy me a little extra survivability when I'm making that clutch revive or MAX repair. I think I have it on my CQC Infiltrator loadout as well. Other than that, I'm usually toting ammo or muitions pouch.
  6. Lord_Avatar

I run it on my HA and Medic. Engineer runs with Flak, while the LA and Infiltrator use the Ammo Pouch.
  7. EViLMinD

It's still my standard on all classes.

I use maxed flack, munitions, adrenaline pump, nade/ammo belt and advanced shields too. Depends on what seems appropriate atm. Still find nano armor isn't a bad choice.

If you're someone with a fast pc/connection and some talent, a nade or ammo belt is a likely choice. More kill spree potential (or revives).

If you're hiding behind maxes to support them... or rocketing vehicles, flack is your friend.

When fighting at distance, and you need to be fresh a little faster, advanced shields is handy.

Engineer munitions is for placing a crap load of mines, and HA munitions is for rocket spam (8 rockets is nice).

Nano armor is best for balls out gunplay. Sometimes you can survive a shootout with 5% life thanks to it. Not every player is a headshot master... and stray fire is always an issue so I like the extra resistance.
  8. faykid

Close range Heavy Assault only, to win 1v1 encounters. It does appear effective at max rank.

Other than that, flac rules, and advanced shield capacitor is the next best thing
  9. Regpuppy

It's still my "default" but I've ventured into other options for specific situations.
  10. Llaf

I use it on everything but heavy now, because I don't like losing 1v1.
  11. Fellhermit

Every class except engineer which I use flak on for tanking. Max nano = 2 extra bullets to kill, which is near a 30% increase in the time it takes to kill you for most automatic weapons. That's huge, and you will win a lot more infantry fights w/rank 4-5 nano.
  12. Posse

All of them.
  13. PanzerGhost

All my classes have no certs put into nanoweave or anything under defense. not a single cert. This also goes for Heavy, I run a cert-less Heavy, that is to say, no medikits, no certs put into nanoweave or resist shield. I only keep what is default under defense (nanoweave level 1). For all classes I usually put certs into carrying more grenades or smoke grenades, new gun or medic/engi tool kit.

Normally when I run heavy my k/d is around 3.0. Sometimes down to 1.5 or as high as 4.5. Medikits or resist shield or extra shield capacitor are not needed for Heavies to have a 4.0 K/D or higher, and extra shield capacitor is not needed for any class. Certs are better spent else where.
  14. Mxiter

Still my favorite to synergies with HA (with ASC)

Support classes or flanking classes don't needs to be more "tanky" against bullet if used correctly.
  15. NateTronic

What exactly is
    "used correctly"
    There is no such thing as a perfect situation at all times. Even when classes are utilized the way they are meant to be played it still doesnt guarantee you wont need more health to tank bullets.
  16. IamDH

All classes
  17. Forkyar24

18. Mxiter

Inf: ASC
    LA: Nade bandoulier (4frag/Flash) or Adren pump.
    Medic: Nade bandoulier (4 rez nades)
    Engie: Flak (splash protection while repairin)

I prefer using my classes strength than compensating for them weakness.
  19. Goden

Engineer.

I use the explosives suit upgrade for my heavy so can get a bazillion lancer shots and I use the ammo upgrade for my Medic because finding someone who drops ammo is pretty rare these days.
  20. DaninTexas

My main class is HA - I roll with extra rockets pretty much all the time. I prefer to hang back from the front line and support with a long range LMG and appropriate scope and a G2A with extra missiles. Having 7+ shots out in the field is awesome.

My alt class is LA and I run extra ammo all the time. Been to many times I have gotten into a good area only to run out of ammo.

My thoughts on nano or even flak (other then eng) - if I die it is because I got myself into a stupid position. Being able to take an extra couple bullets isn't going to save me from a dumb move. Rather have the extra ammo or rockets.

The only exception is my biolab HA loadout. I carry the maxed shield recharge instead.