Lightnings lack empire specificity. Give them these.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Owen W., May 4, 2014.

1. Owen W.

TR: Get a 15mm Chaingun Turret. Very accurate, but lacks damage at all ranges. Long reload, high magazine capacity.

NC: Get a whopping huge Railgun Sniper Turret. Super fast projectiles with no splash damage. Makes the vehicle roll back a bit every time it's fired. Short reload.

VS: Get a Continuous Laser Beam. Damage is low, but sustainability is high. Works on a heat mechanic. Maybe give it splash damage to infantry at 0-0.5 metres from the beam.

This would make Lightning tanks empire specific. And very cool.
    firefalcon124
    • Up x 2
  2. z1967

So, NC gets a sniper rifle, TR gets a SMG, and VS gets a lancer? Not to say I have that many problems with it but I think it could be modified to be better.
  3. Owen W.

VS get a CONTINUOUS Laser Beam. A proper laser cannon. Forgot to mention "continuous" ^^
  4. Thardus

I'm a little worried about the conspicuousness of the continuous beam.
  5. SharpeShooter

Tr gun sounds terrible! Just a Vulcan!
  6. Jerox

Sounds ok I guess, but what is the damage of the NC Sniper Turret compared to the other faction's Lightning weapons?
    I agree in that the Lighting tanks should have empire specific weapons or at least have empire specific looks.
  7. Revanmug

And what are you trying to do with these?

TR one is a AI-AV-AA gun.
    NC gets a AV gun.
    VS get a AI-AV gun.

Let's be serious, if you can't even make clear and sensible concept, we may as well not discuss it.
  8. Nighcall

The VS Laser could be like the Beta Lasher but with a longer beam.

9. Llaf

They aren't mean to have empire specificity. Give them their chaingun back, that'd be cool.
  10. Pikachu

No railgun. We want our vehicle version of phoenix. Damage being 150% of titan AP or so.
  11. NinjaTurtle

In terms of the VS he said sustained and on a heat meter so more like how the engineer gun works, which is not like the Lancer at all as that is a single charged shot.

I would actually very much like to see a weapon like this for VS. Obviously the damage would need to be low but it would e a unique weapon

Then neither should the Harasser as that is also NS.

It makes sense that any faction or any group of people that have their own ideology of how to fight a war when coming into acquisition of a vehicle like the Lightning would adapt certain aspects to their style in this case giving it a unique weapon.

I would think it would work more like a Kobalt on steroids
  12. Fellhermit

This just doesn't work well with the lightning's low durability. It's a guerrilla style tank, and cannot afford to stay out of cover to make good use of high sustained damage. This is the same reason the Vulcan sucks on the Prowler. High damage single shots will be better for hit and hide.

Of these, NC's would be by far the strongest, as it'd allow lightnings to deal good damage from far away and high burst damage in a single shot before backing into cover for reload. That is ideal for the lightning.
  13. Goden

I would like some visual differences for the factions lightnings.

Even if it's just a cosmetic-only model or something.
    • Up x 3