[Suggestion] Ridiculous Weapons that would be awesome.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EGuardian1, May 3, 2014.

1. EGuardian1

NC:
    Titan 150-SG: Fires 10 C75 Viper Rounds in a spread. Same reload speed as HEAT. Can be Certed into a "Slug" round that explodes into Shrapnel (think Flak Cannon from Unreal) - does moderate damage to armour, more for killing infantry and deterring LOLpodders and HoverLibs

M30 AH Mustang: Give it a Cert to load "Slugs" for hitting hard targets like Libs and Galaxies at longer range.

TR:
    Prowler 30-SL: Replaces the main cannon with a Chaingun style 30MM cannon, similar to C75 Viper but with a much lower arc and faster muzzle velocity. Reloads quickly, 8 shots per clip - Perfect for causing chaos and continuously firing rather than waiting for reloads.

That's all I can think of right now, but I KNOW some of you can think of some ridiculous faction flavour that you'd love to have in game - while still retaining SOME balance.
  2. Winfield

For TR MAX:

Pounders: Oh...wait...whoops there goes the balance.
  3. ExarRazor

honestly, I'd like to see a Vulcan-style main gun for TR prowlers. not an actual Vulcan, because the thing kinda sucks, but basically a chaingun main gun that's moderately good against all types of targets, like a HEAt cannon, but with more dakka

lasher type weapons for VS max

cluster grenades, low damage but huge aoe

an ability for medics that explodes in an aoe heal/revive when the medic dies if the bar is at full, needs a long recharge after a death

an actual bomb bay for libs

a return of the switchblade from ps1. that thing was so damn awesome. a hover atv that shoots projectiles that can pierce infantry, and could deploy into a stationary turret

an actual grenade launcher primary, a la thumper from ps1.

a VS weapon that has two fire modes: tracer shot, which when fired deals no damage, but will cause all shots from the secondary fire mode to home in on the tracer. would need to be low capacity to be balanced in any way
    • Up x 2
  4. DashRendar

For NC = Spinfusor
    For TR = Dual Spinfusor
    For VS = Bolt Launcher
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

Canister where each pellet is a Dalton round.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pathogenic

A spear that deals momentum based damage for LAs. Successful hit mitigates fall damage. Note successful.

A VS Liberator death ray that has a wide CoF and heat mechanic but did constant DPS to everything it touched.

A Blitzcrank grab for NC MAXes. Pull em right into shotty range.

A grenade that polymorphed everyone in a small area into a harmless wittle bunny.

Mines disguised as ammo packs or the upcoming medic shield generator deployable.

A splooge cannon secondary that covered an area with sticky gunk that slowed movement to a crawl for anything moving over it.
  7. Nerp

It's been said a million times :

Shotguns that shoot shotguns OR shotguns that shoot c4.

Hell, why not make the MCG fire shotguns that fire more shotguns that fire c4?
    • Up x 1
  8. ColonelChingles

Perhaps one of these?

[IMG]

It even already comes in the color red!
    • Up x 1
  9. Tommyp2006

[IMG]

SOE PLZ
    • Up x 5
  10. Thardus

Gonna go old-school here.
    Radiator: Fires grenades that make spherical long-lasting pain fields where they explode.
    Maelstrom: Fires chain-lash grenades that hit every target within the blast radius, as well as every target within the radius of those targets, and so on and so on.
    Thumper: Fires bouncing grenades.
    Plasma Grenades: Do a low damage DOT that blocks out peripheral vision and fills the targets ears with static.
    Rocklet Rifle: Actually... the Lasher X2 is basically the Rocklet Rifle, just without the option for Flak ammo. The original Lasher might be nice though.

I'm not lamenting about "Oh, Planetside 1 was so much better." I'm just saying these were all ridiculous, niche weapons from the first game, that would be awesome to have.
  11. NCstandsforNukaCola

LOLZ

I'd like to see Ion cannon from homeworld on Magrider
    • Up x 1
  12. Elrobochanco

VS beam weapon. Vehicle, infantry, I don't care. The effect is already made but like flamethrowers was completely teased to us. I was reallllly hoping for it on the ES lib weapons before those got scrapped in favor of the duster :(. I want to see VS aircraft doing low altitude strafing runs with frickin lasers dangit!

Oh and to go old school a bit more:
    Punisher - NS AR with underbarrel rocket launcher
    VS - AP fire select, take more ammo do damage to armor (heck even enhanced damage to already soft targets like ESF/Buggies)
    Engineer - spitfire turrets
    Orbital strikes
    Any command map drawing tools (since co-ordinated teamwork is truly the most ridiculous thing)
  13. Walrus308

A weapon that places a beacon where it hits (indestructible of course) which forces any deploying character on the server (all factions of course) to drop pod on that location.
  14. reydelchicken

Shock rifle from unreal tournament, and lightning gun from quake. We need nothing else.
  15. TheFamilyGhost

Weapons that are created around a fixed law of physics and are never changed.
  16. Gazatron

VS MAX Lasher arms that fire multiple orbs per shot with 100 round mag for the ultimate door suppression. Scat maxes and pounder maxes got nothing on those lasher arms lol

I've have given this idea before in the ideas and suggestions section. Please like it if your Vanu. We could have even bigger disco parties.

As I always say. It would have to balanced, my input here with a 100 round mag is too much. But I'm serious about the multiple orb idea. Have each orb do 50% of the damage of a standard orb so that it's effectively 50% more damage from a max compared to the standard lasher. They would have a tight spread but increase over distance.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sekaszy

VS ZOE Max with Duble LASHER!!!!
  18. EvilKoala

Engineer MANA Mortar turret

The tears would cause flash flooding.
    • Up x 1
  19. Thardus

I know the devs said they would never have something like this in the game, but I'd love to see long range artillery, like Planetside 1's Flail, that requires a close up target spotter (tagging targets with a pistol style weapon) to use.

MAX's being able to trade one of their ranged arms for a one hit kill melee attack. Chainsaw arm for TR, some sort of piston ram for the NC, and an energy shrouded punch for the VS.

Deployable cover: Small shields, large enough for several people to hide behind, that stop weapon fire, but not infantry or vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  20. Llaf

TR - Man portable nuclear weapons, being a professional military you know they've gotta have some lying around.

NC - Everyone gets MAX suits, all MAX suits outfitted with cloaking devices, scout radar, jetpacks, aegis shield, PS1 shield. NC finally figured out how to close the distance.

VS - Magrider death ray, - self explanatory.
    • Up x 1