Why nerf heavies shields?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah2, May 2, 2014.

1. AdamRah2

the thing is it only takes 2 hits more or 45% less for 10 seconds which means nothing against high rpm and velocity guns
  2. Alarox

I don't think HA shield need a nerf either, but there's no way in hell I'm going to take you seriously when you start your post like this.
  3. Frostbitten

+1 with having better K/D after switching from HA to LA playstyle. What next? Nerf jumpjets because you have high ground advantage? Pointless and stupid.
    • Up x 2
  4. AdamRah2

nerf blockade humor pls
    • Up x 1
  5. AdamRah2

i think we have to nerf you due to your skill, your skill is to good so we have to make your skills crappy to compete with br 1 sniper rifle hipfire scrubs
    • Up x 1
  6. AdamRah2

i'm just waiting for that one guy to say they're O.P just so he can be demolished
  7. JibbaJabba

Sorry, Heavies just don't need nerfed.

If you are struggling to kill them, then play as one for long enough to get good at it. Then you'll know what the weaknesses are.
    I did this and it helped me immensely when playing as LA / INF against HA.

Just as ONE example.

If you are an SMG infiltrator: realize that it takes latency milliseconds plus 200 milliseconds (fastest human visual reaction) for a shield to come up. If you have given away your proximity with constant cloak/uncloak noises or other clues then count on latency plus 150ms (fastest human auditory reaction) for the shield to come up.

The HA has no more or less health than anyone else in the game during that time. If you are at a range where you are unloading an SMG into the head with even partial accuracy then it's all over with.

Beware of a very dangerous range: Too far to drop the HA in that initial clip, but close enough that when he spins around with shield up he's close enough that he has a good probability of landing rounds to your head. Do not try to "jump" a heavy when you are at this range. He's wounded but the shield will buy enough time for him to aim well and you die from headshots.

If you are closer than that range: drop him in the initial clip.

If you are further than that range:
    Scenario 1: You put 220 dmg into him with initial burst:
    Continue the fight. you have the drop on him, his HA shield is up but his main shield is down with health partially depleted. You'll win.

Scenario 2: You put less than 220 dmg into him with initial burst:
    Break line of sight. reload, reestablish line of sigh YOURSELF. Do not let the HA be the one to reestablish LOS. Why? The one of you that is moving gets the latency plus 200 millisecond advantage.

Do NOT plan on sneaking off. Your advantage (cloak) is now over. Raising your cloak is likely to just delay your ability to fire when he finds you. Be prepared to just fight and finish off a wounded enemy.

Scenario 3: You are at a distance where you can recloak and get away. Do so. Rinse repeat. He'll be back at full regular shield but the HA shield takes long enough to recharge that it can't be used twice in one engagement (you'll know this by playing one)

But I don't have any cover to break line of sight you say!! The HA is slow with the shield, cannot cloak, cannot fly, and therefore cannot dictate the terms of the engagement. YOU must dictate the terms of the engagement. If you can't then you SUCK as an infiltrator and have no business asking for someone else to be nerfed just so you get to win.

-----So go play HA and learn it. It might man you up enough that you'll stop all this whiny nerf talk------
    • Up x 3