Anyone offended by S.O.E's new marketing scheme?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah2, May 2, 2014.

1. Regpuppy

and this is why we can't have nice things like lighthearted humor in patch notes. All srs all the time.
  2. ViXeN

To be fair, that isn't really done ANYWHERE in the gaming industry anymore. Devs aren't allowed to take their time to finish games anymore because companies always want to get those games pushed out as soon as possible. Finishing games with endless updates is the common practice now. And a lot of the game series are done yearly now so the problem is just getting worse.
    • Up x 1
  3. IamDH

I think you're being ridiculous OP. You interpreted the message that way

Lighten up a bit
  4. Modern Ancestor

Only if they agree that SOE is the one that decide whos ugly and stupid.:eek:
  5. libbmaster

Clearly, SOE needs to use some of that money to work on buffing forumside's sense of humor.
    • Up x 2
  6. DJPenguin

As someone who is both attractive and smart i couldn't agree with their marketing scheme more.
  7. Ronin Oni

Yeah, I'm back in DCUO, already a founder for Landmark (Though it's the caves and combat I've been waiting for, this summer WOO!) and waiting for benefits there, and looking forward to H1Z1 (sorta) and EQ:N as well!

I was never a member for PS2 because all you got was PS2
  8. Epic High Five

I mean, you obviously know how to help the game, so it sounds to me like they were calling you attractive and smart.
  9. Jogido

I'm am so sorry you are ugly and dumb. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

(yes I'm joking. no offense intended :) :) :))
  10. LightningDriver

How about this....

Planetside 2: Membership is cheaper than the botox injection you desperately need.
  11. ironeddie

It's worse if your an EU player with a station account. The all access pass seems to me to have the best value the more soe games you play. I play PS2 with a station account. I understand with future games like EQN I will have no option but to play through a pro7 account. So even if they find a way to give EU pro7 players a version of all access, I will never be able to play my SOE games under one roof. Which is a shame.

If I could play PS2, landmark and the future titles EQN and H1Z1 all with a station account I would buy an all access pass.
    • Up x 1
  12. AdamRah2

i don't like the idea of the membership i see it as an indirect pay to win, more resources more maxes more aircraft more certs etc, i'd rather buy loads of aesthetics or a gun :p
  13. Eyeklops

To play on your words, it isn't fair, it's greed. All this does is produce more and more gamers like me who point at game companies and sing the Uncle Ruckus song.
  14. Badname707

Two pages and only a few people notice they are being trolled hmmm...
  15. Eyeklops

But the real question is: Who's trolling who?
    [IMG]

Note that the Trollface pic is from a Forbes.com address.
    Please get out your tinfoil hats now, you're being trolled by Forbes.
  16. The Rogue Wolf

"There were trolls and a single upvote, but who trolled who?
    At the Copa... Copa Forumside...."
  17. kerzain

18. Skooma Lord

The only one I can see seriously offending people is the one where they tell you the Devs are starving and to donate to them or something...I think there was one like that.:D
  19. SpcFarlen

Nope totally fine with it.

Just to put it in perspective to a pay a developer a salary of $40,000 you would need 223 people to subscribe a whole year to pay them. That is a pretty piss poor salary for a seasoned and experience developer with projects flowing on their resume. So just multiply that by the staff and add a bit more as well. Not to mention running cost, building cost, marketing and a million other things a company needs to survive.

Also, i like that they are kind of corny and trying to be funny.
  20. MarkAntony

They word offended is used like some magical word to make people stop saying stuff one doesn't like. Sadly most of the time it actually works.
    You're offended? Well good for you. Now f off and go cry like the little girl you are.(I'm sure that'll offend somebody)

Seriously, the words "I'm offended" are thrown around like magical bullets. If you are bothered by something then make a good argument against it. Don't just say "I'm offended". God I hate that word. /rant over