April 29th Maintenance Update

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endless

This one is better :p
    • Up x 4
  2. MajorMisfire

3. YoadaUTF

Blindlestiff, I think you are a bit confused... I would have to agree with icebalm's first statement and disagree with his 2nd.. However I do agree, the time spend down/offline due to game issues should be given back in the same equal amounts missed...

If the game is down 10 hours, 10 hours should be granted to subscriptions... There is no other reward need or should be given because you cant play a free game...
  4. Bindlestiff

I'm certainly not confused, and I agree completely with the "like for like" reimbursement.
    • Up x 2
  5. Krayus_Korianis

Not JUST to subscriptions.
  6. ZefexVW

To Geist817

If u dont know...In Global game maintenance time.

What I saw big in taking some serious time was...

Nexon - Mabinogi(Korea) 72 hours.
    Anything longer than this? I would like to know it.
  7. StrykerRyo

Fine. Go pay $90 upfront for bf4 to get day one broken game and slow improvements over the course of the next 6 months.

I'm pretty sure they will do exp boosts for those of you losing time, prob for all of us (though I'd be fine if it was just the premium members)

I kind of understand that they are operating on much different types of funding than you're average triple A developer. Respect to you for paying premium, but I'd hard pressed to believe premium members are in a good ratio to the number of us that pay out slowly (only $40 over course of about 15 months for me) or even hardly anything at all.

I think the only thing owed after paying for a Premium is the bonuses as stated. The game's functionality is an another thing entirely, it's programming and the amount required for anything is neither easy or cheap. If you're losing time on your premium I only hope they'd reimburse you with that time, even then, it's only been one day.

You would stifle this game out over this, but I don't know what better alternative to this game and company you can hope to find out there if you did. To me there is absolutely none. And I tend to see the weekly server down times and updates and a commitment from devs rather than a mere hindrance to playing a game that I get to play, except by my own volition, for free. I tend to also see this also as my money, and of course especially the money of you premium players, being put to use. At the same time I tend to see these lengths of times as an indication of just how much it may only be just enough. And this amount of time down I tend to think is them making absolutely sure we get a game than works, rather than not. I'd bear with them just a little bit longer before threatening to jump ship.
  8. Bindlestiff

Well it does negatively affect some - the claiming of SC instead of auto grant for example. It doesn't make any difference to me personally, but that is a big change to how it was.
  9. Krayus_Korianis

SOE after a hacker.
  10. YoadaUTF

We need to start a time for time petition on the forms... no drama, no bs...
    Game goes down, give people the equal time added to the subscription.

Who wants to start that form page?
  11. KirthGersen

Here must be 2X XP weekend for ALL players. Cmon, SOE.
  12. Krayus_Korianis

Petitions are illegal on this here forum. And all SOE Forums. Even talk of such a thing shall make the Mods nervous.
  13. Bindlestiff

It wouldn't just be subscriptions either. People have their boosts ticking away as the game is down.
  14. YoadaUTF

If they want to listen to the players than here is my suggestion...

If the payed services provided are not accessible due to downtime/maintenance it should be granted back to the player.
    If Sony would would implement this idea, i would have no problem paying for a year subscription in advance and or perks.
  15. MikeCobretti

Well....I am not patient person either, but this is still far better than BF4. I got a broken game for 100 EUR with permanent issues from day one until I uninstalled it thx to Planetside 2. I hope they will fix it soon. Nearly 30 hours must be some kind of bigger issue.
  16. Rabieman

This is sad. Yesterday I wanted to show my buddy this awesome game when the update were running Guess I could have looked.Now its almost midday and the servers is still locked .I am a bit complaining but also not complaining in my country the roads are never fixed on time and the power water everything never done on time guess the this is the same .But for free players this game did not cost you any money so how could you complain me included . But you could be lucky my country do not run this game
  17. YoadaUTF

• Up x 1
  18. Rabieman

if it were my country it would take a week at least to fix the game
  19. Kanrethad

You don't live in South Africa by any chance?:D
  20. icebalm

The subscription was to support PS2, and in return, SOE gives you benefits over and above free players. It is not, never has been, and never will be, a subscription to play the game. You do not need to subscribe to play the game. You can subscribe because you want to support the game, or because you want the benefits, or because you like SOE, or because water is wet, however, the subscription is not, and has never been, to play the game.

Now quit whining and let SOE do their jobs.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.