April 29th Maintenance Update

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stromboli

Ok..so let me get this straight. I can pay 14.95 for All Access but then i have No Access to the game..How does that work?
  2. icebalm

Just because you buy a bauble doesn't mean you get a say in how the revenue from that transaction is used. The money also goes to pay staff, do you think you should have a say in the decision making of hiring and firing personnel?

No, you get the bauble, done.
    • Up x 1
  3. Krayus_Korianis

icebalm has already gone over that... Stop whining. You're not paying to PLAY Planetside 2. You're paying for advantages over other players who are not members of the new All-Access Plan.

The servers are down for maintenance. Probably to fix that horrendous lag problem.
  4. LogixHunter

That 14.95 service is being implemented as we speak that's why -_-
  5. MajorMisfire

wonder if it is working yet??o_O
  6. rocko95

• Up x 5
  7. AlienMessiah

Why am the only person on Connery.....Did I win?:confused:
    • Up x 2
  8. Ceyloo

Does anyone actually know when the servers will be back online? I feel like junkie not bein able to get my fix lol :)
  9. randomtree1

any chance you guys can get the test server running for us? im sure you are working your hardest so no complaints, you guys made the best game i ever played keep up the good work :)
  10. LogixHunter

No of course i don't, I'm assuming those with memberships aren't going to be upset about there membership continuing in a way that doesn't negatively affect them. The only thing i'm addressing is the fact that its down, and yall upset.
  11. Moz

Well there are certainly two sides to this story.

While I feel the pain of the devs and thank them greatly for their time and effort in getting things up ASAP there will always be the ethical questions around a paid services availability.

I totally understand ToS for most of these companies completely remove most consumer rights so that the gamers don't have any angle, and I also understand the Americans do things differently to the EU.

HOWEVER, I am still awaiting the first gaming company to come out and say "we ****** up, and we believe our mistake deserves compensation in the form of XYZ". Can you imagine the positive PR a company like that would generate?

Im not suggesting in anyway that this is what should be done in this case, I would just love to see what this would offer to the a company.

Now back on topic, take your time guys and get it right.
  12. YoadaUTF

We all need to give them constructive posts!
    Sony - Please post some problems you are having, and i am sure there is 1 gamer in the forms that might just have a answer...
    No ETA, No Hints as to issues = no constructive posts...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! Im sure youll have it up and running before the weekend ! Go Team
  13. randomtree1

ok i lied gta san andreas is the best game ever made but still, number 2 aint bad
  14. zerodantheman

Troll lol lol lol ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  15. endless

There better be double XP when servers come back up!
  16. BarnacIe

What Moz says pretty much sums it up.

I've noticed it's mostly in gaming that people take this crap. I for one will not. No more membership for you.
  17. ericray

MAC-ban haha lol at this noob. MAC address is a layer 2 protocol on OSI and is only available to identify devices over a broadcast network e.g your local/home wireless setup. Broadcast frames are filtered out when passing through a router so effectively your local MAC-address is not visible on the internet to any other devices since that segment is stripped off of the packet when going out of a LAN and is not part of the tcp nor udp segment protocols. So long answer short you just BSed :)
  18. YoadaUTF

Did you forgot to back up the station accounts?
  19. Kanrethad

God bless America...
    • Up x 1
  20. Bindlestiff

Up until yesterdays update, the subscription was FOR Planetside 2 and Planetside 2 only. How is a subscription to Planetside 2 not paying to play Planetside 2? Sure, there is no barrier to entry in terms of a "subscribe or no access", but I am paying to play it and support it.

Sucks to be you then I guess. I would hate to live in a culture where incompetence and failure to deliver is embraced and not challenged. I also love the way you believe that, just because I have outlined what happens here, it makes me entitled. It doesn't make me entitled, it simply makes my money go further because if I am paying for something, I expect it to be provided within all reasonable measures.

If you went to a restaurant and got served cold food, would you complain?
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.