April 29th Maintenance Update

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackal068

After months of not playing, i finally decide to come back to see if this game has gotten any better (or worse). Lo and behold, i pick the same day that the servers spontaneously combust and SOE goes up in flames. Sad times....
  2. Kanrethad

Well done sir, just because somebody's bosses' boss (who doesn't know how to fix anything, and just knows that money is being lost, but its probably his job to know money is being lost) yells at them customers should just sit and suffer in silence.
  3. Munr

Loool the tiny font glitch is the forum telling you that your post isn't worth reading :rolleyes:

Don't mind me folks. I'm just here to keep morale up :D
  4. NinjaTurtle

This isn't regular maintenance, this is a whole change regarding their business model over all their games
    • Up x 2
  5. snipesharkVS

Wow, I thought the constant patches, and map changes were a pain. How could something that has no problems getting enough attention from the gaming community need so many promotable additions? When is it going to be good enough to let be as it is? I recall a time about three or four months ago when the game had relatively no issues, and downtime was scarcely known, patch files only happened two times a week at most. Once you hit 100% efficiency the only way to go is down apparentlyo_O.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phinigma

Number 1. I am entitled, because I paid for it. The SPECIFIC thing I paid for that I am not getting, should be refunded me as is common practice in any business, in any place, in any situation.

Number 2. A 2x XP weekend does nothing to compensate me. I work 60+ hours in a typical work week and rarely do I have time to play this on the weekend. That is apples and oranges my friend. Offering me 2x XP during a time when I am not free to take it isn't compensating me for anything.

Number 3. I am a consumer, I paid for a service that I am not getting and I have the right to demand a fair compensation, or at the very least a sensible explanation as to the circumstances.

Yes, each and every time my service is interrupted for any reason I can:
    A. Contact them and be informed as to the nature of the issue and if possible be given an ETA and to when the problem will be fixed.
    B. They will reimburse you for any time out of service.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheBaumDiggity

(I've kept up with all the patch notes and updates these past 12 months give or take, but never felt the need to say anything until now)

After going through this thread and sifting through all of the pleasant respectful intelligent posts, I decided to finally set up my forum account solely to say that I appreciate all the hard work the ladies and gentlemen at SOE put in to keeping things running smooth(for the most part) and keeping us updated on things to come and on days like today/yesterday.
    • Up x 2
  8. Flatfish

Here's a novel idea: How's bout we pray for the guys and galls who are trying to get us playin' again. Ya know, technically it's Thursday. national day of prayer
  9. Hilias

When I was 8yrs I used to like playing with superman and friends ''DC Universe'' but that all changed at 13 when I got all nerdy and started to play around with dragons and magic ''Ever quest''. Then i turned 18 and discovered that, i am a Man, and a Man always needs to have big BALLS GUNS to show off his manliness, and that's why my friends and brothers, you need ''Planetside 2'' And don't need the rest.
  10. ShadWulf

Clearly you didn't read or understand my post.

You don't pay for access to Planetside 2.

Your specific work situation is irrelevant.

"I'm the customer, I'm always right, rabble, rabble, rabble."
  11. Flatfish

Well maybe it's wednesday...pray anywhos
  12. LLancaster

Here's my opinions on the subject (for what they're worth).

I will continue to support this game with money, mainly because it is the only game of it's kind. Name me one other MMOFPS that is currently up and running and I will seriously give it a look.

As much as I like being able to access the game at any time of my choosing, at the end of the day it's just a game. Also, I'm only missing out on earning certs, it's not like I'm trying to beat some raid boss that's going to reset if I don't login.

I like Radarx and I've seen the way how he posts. Short, to the point, and doesn't mess about answering questions that can be resolved by an issue that they are currently working on.

I don't like Tramell Ray Isaac ... I don't know why I don't like him. Nothing personal 'cause I've never met the guy but something grates me. Maybe it's jealously that he has an awesome job or maybe it's because of this:

[IMG]

God, that thing is ugly.

Anyway, the down time is nothing. If your average playtime during the weekdays is 3 hours and you've subbed for $15.99/month, that's about just under $0.07 you've missed out on. Unless my maths is incorrect, people are complaining about missing out on mere pennies (My lowest denomination here in New Zealand is $0.10 we don't HAVE nickels or pennies). Seriously guys. I super cereal right now OMGWTFBBQQ!

Actually, you know what I dislike, that the Briggs server is going to be down still. Even Australians don't deserve that. ;)
    • Up x 3
  13. icebalm

K, you pray for them. I'll go play another game until SOE (not some imaginary skyfather) fixes it.
  14. NinjaTurtle

This applies to most jobs, at least most I have done which doesn't include IT. It's an epidemic :eek:
    • Up x 1
  15. CubanRefugee

Good lord, if I were you boss in the IT world, I'd fire you for your atrocious writing alone... Jab aside, you do know this isn't a simple update, yes? They're revamping the entire commerce system that affects *every game*, not just Planetside 2. It's not as simple as tossing up a server cluster or rolling back a patch.

I've worked in the Healthcare industry doing IT Operations for 10+ years now, managing hospitals and clinics, as well as hundreds of clinical applications and critical infrastructure across an enterprise that spans the entire west coast. When a critical incident occurs that can result in not only loss of finances, but also loss of life, you understand what real pressure is. Having done this kind of work for a third of my life, I still wouldn't want to be in the shoes of SOE in this update that they've undertaken. Why? Because I'd rather deal with the pressure and stress that comes with a complete failure of Perinatal software across my enterprise than deal with the entitlement issues of gamers. See what I did there? Both issues I mention deal with babies. :v
    • Up x 10
  16. CubanRefugee

For Internet providers, sure, you could probably swing a credit, but not for electricity. If the power goes out, you're not generating any power, so you're not accruing anything on your bill for that time, so calling and saying "YOU OWE ME A CREDIT" just makes you look stupid.
  17. Meshblorg

If you pay for this game. You have every reason to complain as a paying consumer, and the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

If you're a free-to-play gamer, then you don't really have a case here against SOE
  18. icebalm

Last time I checked, Planetside 2 was free. You're not paying for it.

You can demand whatever you want, SOE doesn't have to give it to you.

SOE has already done A, as for B, I am still completely shocked. Never have I heard of a utility reimburse anyone for service interruptions, you just don't pay for non-use.
  19. BarnacIe

Two types of people on the forums.

Ones in the know. Ones who are ignorant.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. supernet2

When you become a paying customer it becomes more personal. Your paying for a product. Your not recieving product due to technicality or something on the end of said provider, then they are at fault, it isn't just common business practice to give a logical answer/detailed reasoning/refund/reimbursement but its the right thing to do.

Say you bought a car that was partially used, but it still was under warranty. Then you find its broken, and that you were lied to about your warranty (failed to read terms?) and find out that transmission that went bad isn't covered because of the warranty was faulty, whos at fault? IN this situation its the person who failed to read the terms.

Now lets go over what happens when you pay for a product. Lets say you go into a fast food restaurant. You order for giggles a burger. Okay now what you get ISNT a burger, its a salad. Now what would you do? Be pissed that you paid more for a burger when a salad cost less but paid for a salad at the price of burger? Would you want to be compensated (given equal value of said item or a partial/complete refund for failure to deliver said product to you?) In this case a freken burger. You bought a burger, but were given a salad. For giggles you didn't want the salad to begin with. Would you expect compensation, partial refund, or some sort of "amends made" for your hard earned money? If you say you wouldn't care, clearly you must be rich or just dont understand the value of a dollar.

I know where the fellas coming from working 50-60+ hours a week. When you program databases and are a constant "on call tech" theirs no such thing as "non working hours" Time is valuable. Theirs no such thing as "sucks to be you" because when you pay for a product virtual or otherwise you expect the product, if not you expect answers, and a reasonable solution to your problem (no product? refund of equal or greater value).

Oh and as a fire back, people dont need to pay to play, but when you pay, it becomes more involved. As the saying goes "The most bang for my buck" if a company isn't gonna care about one consumer, (free or paying) what does that say about the company? How does that one person reflect and will show potentially how the company will act with others with a similar case or scenario? Doesn't look good and its how you lose customers, members, free or otherwise. Its also how sometimes things can escalate to hacker incidents if i really gets outta hand. But thats a argument for another time. I haven't seen many people specifically target SOE in relation to planetside 2 specifically because they were screwed extra hard by the policy/system. Least not that im aware of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.