General Purpose MSW-R build?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Republisher, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Republisher

What is a decent all purpose MSW-R build that would suit everyday running around shooting people, more anti infantry based than dealing with vehicles.

1) The Gun itself and attachments?
    2) What suit slots?
    3) Anything else of relevance?
    4) Sidearm?
  2. reydelchicken

1. Optics of choice + forward grip
    2. Adrenaline shield or resist shield + advanced shield capacitor
    3. MSW hipfire is good enough without a laser sight for ~5-10m, any further than that and you should ADS.
    4. Emperor with laser sight, or repeater with laser sight.
  3. Republisher

If you really had to choose between Adrenaline or Resist for just all purpose what would you pick (I'm aware that whatever changes might be coming, but not worried about that at this point)... I don't play that often and every cert is like a polished gold coin for me.
  4. reydelchicken

I depends on how you play, I personally don't use the shield much, only when I have to fight 2v1 or when I'm trying to escape from something that is damaging me, in which case the adrenaline shield is better for me. If you often find yourself using the shield on most fights, then the resist shield will be better for you.
  5. Crayv

I Auraxiumed it long before the hipfire nerf, the nerf to the NV scope, or even the nerf to it's noise while suppressed. I used an Adv. laser, suppressor, and the NV sight. Worked as a great mid to close ranged flanker. That set up probably doens't work anymore sadly.

With all the changes I would probably suggest the grip, and whatever optic you feel comfortable using and using it more as a mid ranged weapon. For suit I would probably just go with Shield Capacitor and for your pistol go with the default Repeater or something like the Underboss if you really don't like the Repeater.
  6. NCDaniel

Laser. GG.
  7. Mxiter

I auraxiumed it months ago (before hip firing nerf) with foregrip+SPA (low velocity isn't annoying if you can predict & compensate the drop while you can't compensate the damage degradation).

Empror: (best balance of TTK/ROF/Accuracy/damage per mag/damage degradation) with laser and supressor (always nice if you find yourself into sniper lines for scilent kills)

NMG/Resist-Nano/ASC depending of my mood.

Concussive nade is a great all rounders, AV nade when there is some ennemies maxes.

Grounder (best all rounder RL)

Medikit.
  8. NeuralChernobyl

1) The Gun itself and attachments?
    If you are good at recoil compensation you should really elaborate on the strong characteristic of the gun, the hipfire. So go Advanced Laser, Flash Suppressor. As all of the terran Ironsights plain and simple suck you want another optic of your choice.
    2) What suit slots?
    Adrenaline Shield is simply the best once certed out. Grenade Bandolier proves extremely usefull too if you need a lot of burst damage with vehicle grenades or want to annoy your teammates with badly placed stun grenades.
    3) Anything else of relevance?
    Learn to use and love your grenades. Control the engagement range, you want them to be as close as possible, while still not in shotgun 1-hit-range. Ammo runs out pretty fast on the MSW-R, keep that in mind. If you lack infantry resources to get a ******** of grenades go with Ammunition Belt.
    Use the ML-7 and single fire for longer ranges, maximum is 7 round bursts before it starts spraying all over the place.
    4) Sidearm?
    Emperor is the best allrounder for terrans, but the default repeater is the better option with the MSW-R in my opinion. 50 round clip ends fast - you can still unleash some rapid fire with your sidearm if you happen to end up in a room with 3 corpses, no ammo left and a bazillion bad guys remaining. Bind the sidearm key to something you can hit very fast in cludge situations.
  9. NaySayer

My personal favorite general purpose setup
    1. 1x reflex sight, forward grip, and softcore ammo
    2. nmg shield and nanoweave armor (I've only tried nmg and resist, nmg seems like a good all rounder shield)
    3. In tower fights (and close quarter fight bases), I ditch the forward grip and throw on the laser
    4. I use the emperor with laser, but I feel any of the pistols with a laser will do
  10. Sock

1x, foregrip, SPA.

Take the adv laser if you want to win lazy 1v1s against bad players and run out of ammo any time you need to kill more than one person.
    • Up x 1
  11. Posse

Adrenaline shield can also be used on most fights, even when I get the jump on someone I activate the shield just in case someone else appears, if no one appears the shield is back to full after killing the guy so it's free insurance :p
  12. hidden8lade

My personal loadout is this:
    MSW-R w/ 1x optics, suppressor, foregrip, SPA
    NS-44 w/ Adv laser
    Rocket launchers depends but usually Decimator
    Resto kits maxed out
    Ammo pouch or rocket pouch maxed out
    conc. nades
    NMG maxed out
  13. Bankrotas

Sorry, but these days of stalker annoyance, fleshlights are too important IMO not to use on your sidearm/