What is 'fun' in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Prudentia

For me fun is having a challenge that i may or may not succed at depending on the skill of my oponents and my own.
    i only recently realised how good my aim really is. (really recently, yesterday, i was doing the auraxium medal for the Pulsar 1, default Vanu assault rifle, and it's so bad that i had to squeeze out every bit of skill i have. i ended up with session stats of 112 kills, 45% accurcy and 76% Headshots)
    so i started using funky stuff more.
    Aggressive Sniper with the Ghost CQC BASR or the Vandal
    Close Quarters with the Ursa (VS long range LMG)
    AI Harrasser
    PPA Scythe (i spend more time running and hiding from other ESF than shoting, escpially with Stealth and Radar)
    things like these have an incredible high skill sceiling to survive ans can really frustrate you, but a good run? Og My God so satisfying, even more with Recursion.
    "Death streak" " you are beeing farmed"
    "headshot" "Headshot" "Double kill" "High Roller" " Headshot" " Accuracy"
    yep. that moment when you come around a corner and pwn a bunch of guys you often meet and of whom you know they are good players? best feel in the world.
    • Up x 1
  2. LibertyRevolution

Fun is going to a base, destroying the sunderers and ending the fight, then redeploying to do it at some other base.
    Sometimes I do this for an hour, just go on sunderer killing missions, seeing how many fights I can end in an hour.
  3. CactusLynx

Driving your MBT in an armor destroying setup (side armor, fire surp, AP rounds and Halberd) and watching vanilla sundies roll up.
    I got atleast 4 and a couple of mags and lightnings afew days ago attacking Mao with my Prowler.
    • Up x 1
  4. Verviedi

Fun?
    -Flying a Scythe
    -Finding Easter Eggs
    -FunStuff (MAX migrations, ESF racing...)
    -Throwing frag grenades into clusters of NC.
    -Scaring Libs with the Lancer.
    -Exploring Amerish
    -Playing chicken with my friends in ESFs.
    • Up x 1
  5. that_darn_lurker

Light assault is fun
  6. that_darn_lurker

So killing other peoples fun is your fun?
  7. yeHHH1g

Hate tells, I am half-mast just thinking about them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Paragon Exile

Foot-zerging into superior enemy forces, all while Ride of the Valkyries is playing over a guy's mic, /yell is ablaze with "GINYU FORCE RULES" and tracers fill the air around me, blowing up the tanks beside me and causing mayhem. GLORIOUS MAYHEM.
  9. Chyper

Well, here's a few examples from Miller.

A few more can be found here

Other than that;
    • Playing with my outfit-mates
    • Getting that oh-so-good battle that leaves you smiling at the end, regardless of win or loss
    • What happened to me during yesterdays Amp-Alert: I'd placed mines in front of the vehicle bay, only to realize I'd placed them on the opposite side of where the enemies where coming from. Two minutes later an enemy sundy tries to sneak in and runs over my mines, killing the sundy and its 10 occupants:D
    • Up x 1
  10. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Pulling a Dual hacksaws w/ ext. mags max in a bio lab and defending it from Vs maxes.

:D

That's just so satisfying.
  11. Bullborn

* Doing loops with a Flash in the tubes at Quartz Ridge.
    * Landing a Galaxy on top of a Skyguard and crushing it.
    * Anything with the outfit.
    • Up x 1
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

WOW and NC still cry that phoenix is bad?o_O all i see is a very effective anti-infantry/anti-ESF sniper while behind cover. no other faction has access to that
    • Up x 2
  13. gualty

Phoenix is the most overrated weapon of PS2.
    That's probably why NC fall like flies during real infantry fights.
    Apart from "camping behind a wall waiting my base to be conquered" there is no viable scenario where those no-skill rc missile lovers can do any kind of arm to anyone.
  14. johnway

I find planetside 2 most enjoyable when 2 large zergs clash over single base (depends on the base, spawn camping or entrances is boring unless the opposition is tempted to do hard pushes). Everyone gets plenty of kills and the battle is protected with lots of back and forth on objectives and it ending with a victory to me. One of the more memorable battles was on amerish's NC Arsenal where it feels like a real accomplishment to capture and i was contributing to the fight as opposed to just dying a lot and the enemy's dogged determination kept us on our heels as we tried to push them out. The old crown was a highlight as a defender as even outnumbered, there was a chance that you could still hold out and turned into some harrowing battles.
  15. Paperlamp

Really, camera guided launcher should be available to all factions if they're going to have it in the game.
  16. DrPapaPenguin

17. z1967

The desk?
  18. Razeroth

I'd like a camera guided sniper rifle personally.
  19. Tuco

Fun is getting 2 sunderer kills and 3 infantry kills while sitting in the spawn room, with mines/claymores, on an enemy zerg of 70 players and I'm the only TR in the hex. And then getting 5 more from inside the spawn room.

CHAH CHING!

It's actually pretty challenging trying to setup 5 mines/3 claymores at the next base trying to dodge enemy air/tanks/infantry that are scouting ahead. They can ruin the whole plan. Thankfully nobody actually encourages scouting behavior. Gotta get that base cap XP, hahahahaha!!

Same way with WWIIONLINE and PS1, nobody ever scouts. Not squads, outfits, not the almighty High Command. "Duh OMG we ran into a bunch of AT guns." or "Duh OMG we just ran into a bunch of bofors, we no win!! WHY WE NO WIN!"
  20. ElastaPlast

PICNIC

Problem
    In
    Chair
    Not
    In
    Computer

One of my favourites :D
    • Up x 1