[Suggestion] Command Sunderer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Minngarm, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Minngarm

post boy, po-po-po-post boy fressh fressh yay guna bump this thing!
  2. LordDethir

NEVAR! Lol about half the posts here are bumps :rolleyes:.
  3. Dieter Perras

I would love to see leaders get some new gear! I too had an idea similar to this so I totally support it.
    • Up x 2
  4. ChillyPhilly27

This wouldn't really work unless PL's are able to give commands to specific players or groups of players in their platoon. ATM the smallest group that you are able to give commands to is a squad. If you could give specific instructions to specific players, RTS style, then I would support this
    • Up x 1
  5. Gutseen

Fly'n Drones lawn mowers of headbutting DEATH WITH LAZOR GUIDANCE
    [IMG]
    *yes i am high
  6. ColonelChingles

The old Natural Selection games had an interesting combination of RTS and FPS.

The commander could drop health kits, supplies, and weapons for soldiers. He can also place build waypoints, so a friendly Engineer can go and build a structure at a particular position.

Naturally it also includes waypoints for soldier navigation.

But the most important part is it gives the commander an eye in the sky view of the battlefield. It's not cheap because the commander can only see what soldiers can see (so hidden enemies stay hidden), but it's very useful in figuring out the layout of the place and looking for tactical opportunities.
    • Up x 1
  7. Minngarm

Good idea, make two sub squad sets in each squad called Fire teams. That the PL can cycle members into each and issue a order with two squad markers desginated 1 and 2 on the arrow to indicate which fire team of delta squad the PL is ordering where. Just adds four new markers, and a slight addition to the squad sorting list.
    • Up x 1
  8. ChillyPhilly27

No I didn't mean fireteams, but it is a good idea. what I mean is that PL should be able to give, for example, alpha 3, bravo 9, and delta 10 a specific waypoint/instructions that only them and the PL can see.
  9. Minngarm

to much map clutter
  10. ChillyPhilly27

For the PL maybe. But if they're in a command sunderer then they're playing as a commander, not as a man on the ground. If I want to instruct a liberator under my command to shell a particular area, then I only want to tell the pilot of that aircraft, and maybe the belly gunner, to attack that area. I don't need to tell the entire fireteam or squad that this one liberator has been instructed to shell this area
  11. Zorro

Personally, I feel that command should be hierarchical. The platoon leader should tell the squad leaders what to do, but the squad leaders would order their troops about. That way no one feels overwhelmed and more people are involved in the command process.
    • Up x 1
  12. Minngarm

I like to bump it bump it!
  13. Minngarm

14. RaidsRUs

[IMG]

If these command variants on the vehicles don't make it into the game, I think I am legitimately going to cry. I can't give your idea as many +1's as it deserves.
    • Up x 3
  15. Minngarm

So it shail be!
  16. ColonelChingles

My layered air defense network is in dire need of a radar/command vehicle!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Chazt

I am down with this just because it is limited by its ability to not "sense" infantry forces. You have no idea how many time I am the one to sneak up and blow up a sundy with my heavy assault because no one thinks to put a dart near it to protect it. This was the problem I had with the op's version was that it was just a general radar with limited downsides, making it extremely hard to kill for vehicles and infantry alike. This one focuses more on directing the battle (command sundy, so makes sense) and as such the commander would most likely be too preoccupied telling his forces where to go than watching his own back.
    • Up x 1
  18. Garrett Black

SOE won't lift a finger...
  19. Garrett Black

skill less AA?
  20. ColonelChingles

You can find more information on them here.

Sure some are lock-ons, but ever since the 1950s SAMs have proven to be far more valuable than flak for AA duties.

No need to limit ourselves to WWII tech in this day and age of nanites, hovering gunships, and plasma weapons.

Last one is a sky-shotgun though. :p
    • Up x 1