Has 64bit been re-enabled? I can't run the game again.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LCTR, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Gargantor

Same problem here since x64 is back. Click on PLAY and nothing happens. Installing directx redist dont helped me.
    • Up x 1
  2. FireclawX

3. JettStarjammer

Thank you for the advice Supermedicated.

I think I'm going to wait a bit though. The problem that I see is that if I start mixing up my 32 bit files where my 64 bit files are supposed to be, (and replacing them in some cases where the files have the same names) OTHER programs are going to start getting confused by finding them there, much like Planetside 2 is confused by trying to read the wrong files right now. From the looks of it, PS2 is calling upon and reading OTHER files in the wrong directory already. Further adding to the confusion might just make my whole operating system start acting that way too. lol

Instead of screwing with my OS and making a mush of it by throwing drivers into the wrong places and trying to compensate for SOEs mistakes, I think I'm going to wait until they make a patch that puts their stuff where it's SUPPOSED to be.
    • Up x 1
  4. bogdan

again, where do I extract the files?

"If you get this message trying to run Planetside 2:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Please run through this Microsoft DirectX install and then try again: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109"

Ok I tried this, clicked run. then it asks me where to extract it. where do I extract it?

thanks "
  5. xTweeks

6. Tangles

I'm not having any issues, but I'd like to know how to tell which executable I'm running. Is there a way to show this in-game?
  7. Octiceps

Run the game in a window and see whether it says x86 or x64 at the top, or ALT-TAB out and look in the taskbar, or check the process in Task Manager.
  8. omegaflarex

AMD 8150FX.
    GSKILL SNIPER 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz.
    Nvidia 760 GTX, driver version 337.50.
    Sabertooth 990FX.
    Windows 8.1a (update 1).

Works flawlessly with x64 client. No issues whatsoever ;).
  9. Gargantor

10. Fortune120

11. Furio613

!! This worked for me thanks !!

I'm running Windows 8.1.
  12. Money

week 2 of having to rename my executable files every time i want to play the game. I have a hard time understanding why this hasn't been fixed yet.
    • Up x 4
  13. FireclawX

Same... Fix the 64 bit client for everyone, or at least make it so that I can choose to launch the 32 bit one...
    I believe that some people are getting improvements, and a 64 bit client would be awesome... if it actually worked for me. The whole "Game is starting" but not really because all tasks related to Planetside 2 have been magically closed, thing is getting annoying :(
    • Up x 1
  14. LCTR

Same here. Having to manually switch back to the 32 bit exe every time I want to play :(
    • Up x 1
  15. mogveil

First start planetside but DON'T press play
    Next Go to your c drive and get into the directory USER, my SOE is installed under Public. Get into the SOE directory where you can see launchpad, planetside2, planetside2_x64 and planetside2_x86.
    Rename planetside2_x64 to planetside2_x64xx
    then rename planetside2_x86 to planetside2_x64.
    Then go back and press play.

Your game will run in 32 bit. I also have to do this every time I play because the 64 bit gives me an error. A total pain that SOE has had so many complaints and still has not fixed the problems with the 64 bit version.
    • Up x 1
  16. mogveil

See my other post below for a work around. I use it each time I play and it has worked.
  17. FireclawX

The "0x000007b" error is actually a directX error that can be solved by simply re-installing DirectX from the Microsoft Website.

If you are getting the problem where the launcher says "Game is starting" and then closes out with out any error message (and fails to start the game mind you), THEN you should resort to the tedious process of changing the names around every time you want to launch the game. (or any other random x64 bug that doesn't currently have a fix)
  18. LCTR

Mr Higby just tweeted:

I'm afriad there is no change for me. Same bug as always.

Press play in launch pad -> Nothing happens.

I've been playing the last few days using the 32-bit-to-64-bit-exe shuffle.

If you've had similar issues please check again with today's update and post back here / tweet Mr Higby.
    • Up x 1
  19. FireclawX

I checked, not fixed for me either.
  20. Gargantor

Same here still nothing happens after hitting play :(