Lib tanking: What the hell?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gleerok, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamnotAmazing

I don't think that libs are op at all, just this cheese tactic, is well, cheesy
    • Up x 1
  2. Gleerok

Stats? You bringing up stats? Like if you stats were relevant?

Don't come with this speech, please. You clear stat pad and thats what the game is for you, great, if you are having fun, this is good, with all honesty as long as you are having that is good, but that in no world gives you the minimum standards necessary to talk about stats and team play, you don't care about team play (which most times mean dying much more than killing, and you got a 10.00k/d), and you are not feeling this "massacre" because it is well evident: You don't die. You don't take risks, with 10k/d it is more than crystal clear you don't lol. Try intercepting an enemy ESF and overextend just a tiny bit and feel flak all over you, oh wait, you probably don't do that, never done it, its too risky, you don't know what I am talking about at all.

What is not funny about going into a risky fight on this game? It is of course lots of fun! Not when someone screw up like this cheesy abusive Lib "tactic" (more like exploit), no, that is not funny, it is just trolling, and it needs a change

Become a natural player, with natural stats (or borderline natural) and then talk about team play, I will give you an example:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428147970872513585

This guy has been flying since beta, that is not his first character, he clearly has some AMAZING skills, and still has 4.0k/d which is very well damn impressive. He has very relevant play time in Medic, Heavy and Engie (probably flying) and a flipping 42% acc on the Scythe. And he dies more than twice as much as you. You are a clear stat padder, unless you manage to be one of the 0,01% who flew during beta and has been playing since then like this guy, and even if you were, WOW, you are more than twice as good a him in k/d, you must be God. On my view you have less respect among the community than I do as a medium average (on the view of some) player in terms of stats, of course that is relative; we all have our opinions.

I am bringing up this subject with a character with natural, spontaneous status, how I really play and taste the different game fields of this game, from medic reviving (which does not promote k/d) to team play point capping, which does less score pm and k/d than going solo against easy targets, and many other fields of game that don't necessarily take stats into account.

Your stats, the way you play, does not represent the average Planet Side 2 player or even slightly above average like I represent, not even close to that. They are irrelevant. You represent the 0.5% (or less) who play for stat padding. As long as you can farm your kills and have your fun and run away from borderline hard battles you are fine.
  3. MajiinBuu

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. nightbird

So that's what that lib was trying to do when he landed... airhammer outdps 3 engies by a lot, and yummy after lib pops
  5. lawn gnome

standard lib crew propaganda. i would have been surprised if these things weren't said at some point.
    • Up x 2
  6. FaLI3N

The people these threads attract never cease to entertain me :)
  7. Gleerok

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Gleerok

great for airhammers. Can I have one please?
  9. nightbird

Sure, but only if I get a needle hitbox in exchange. We can screw scythes
    • Up x 2
  10. lawn gnome

can ground vehicles get a tank buster?
    • Up x 1
  11. Irexistus

Yes. Please re-roll NC.
    • Up x 1
  12. PKfire

Rofl shots fired
    • Up x 1
  13. Govedo13

So you used your afterburners in order to avoid damage in air from the Liberator
    Good work you played your loadout trump card.
    Then they used their trump card and you whine about it? I mean it really?
  14. Crayv

So a Lib got caught with its pants down and simply out tanked the damage. I can see a MBT or a Sundy since those are armored slow moving ground vehicles but an aircraft? No that shouldn't be happening.

The justification of "3 engies repairing anything can survive" umm no. If an MBT if it gets caught unaware it gets C4'd or runs over tank mines it dies instantly, it doesn't matter how many engies are repairing it. If an ESF lands to repair and gets hit by a Titan HEAT, it dies instantly and no number of engies could have saved it.

Aircraft have the option of being able to get to almost anyway on the map in a minute so they can easily withdraw from a fight and find a safe place to land. Landing in an unsafe place or even worse while still being attacked should be pretty much a death sentence for that aircraft. Libs and Gals are the only vehicles in the game that can reasonably be "insta killed" for things on the ground there is the constant worry of mines and C4 and for ESFs there is always a lucky tank or Deci round that instantly knocks you out of the sky and it only takes 1 person to do it. For Libs they don't have that problem, they are most vulnerable while landing and yet their supposed counter still can't kill it, the Lib could have always have gone to the warpgate (not like it takes long to get around on the map when you can fly).

I can't believe I am defending ESFs but Libs are just stupid right now. Libs have way more firepower, can take more damage, can fly, are way faster than the old OP Harasser. If an armored ground transport isn't suppose to "out tank a tank" then an aircraft really shouldn't, especially if that aircraft has access to the strongest weapons in the game.
    • Up x 1
  15. MongooseTwoFive

Funnily enough this actually JUST happened to to me today. Nearly shot down a lib, had him on fire while reloading. They triple repaired up a bit, got him on fire again and nearly took out one of the engies, but a couple of mossies showed up and I had to bail. I feel fairly confident I would have been able to kill him otherwise. If you're attacking from above none of the lib's weapons can hit you. They either have to just sit there, or try to take off to face you (in which case they're no longer repairing and just about dead, so you win).

Annoying? Yes. I actually chuckled to myself because I had been reading this thread right before logging in earlier. But overpowered? I don't believe so. They're sitting ducks, and if the engies are hopping into the lib that's 1/3 of their repair power gone.

I fired in from a downward angle on the side of the lib where they were repairing. If they stay, they die. If they hop in the lib, now the lib is getting hit because it's also in my line of fire.

You can get in pretty close if you approach from the side, and then it's just an engineer turkeyshoot.
    • Up x 1
  16. Emotitron

You clearly are reading my stats as a brag, they are not. I pointed to them because they somewhat respectable but largely typical. I get perfectly acceptable kills and SPM in my ESF. My deaths rarely are to liberators, and when they are it is because one managed to jump me without me hearing them coming or because I unwisely tried to solo a crew with some salt.

300-400 SPM is respectable but not mind blowing. Cheeco plays with a bias toward maximum carnage, I play with a bias toward picking my fights more carefully. As a result I have about half the SPM and twice the K/D, he has the opposite. So what? He is a great player (we have had some really fun ESF encounters with one another), but what does that have to do with anything being discussed here?

And I have been playing since Nov 2012 so I just missed Beta. Again, not sure what that has to do with anything. And what is this 'Respect of the community' you are talking about? I see no indication of anyone caring one way or another about you or me. This discussion is not a popularity contest - and if it were, you would be losing it based on which comments are getting thumbs up.

I really have no desire for this to turn personal. My stat references are only to state that I am doing just fine as an ESF only player. I am not that great, but I am not experiencing these liberator problems that you are. That is all I can go by.
    • Up x 4
  17. Alarox

If you think this is bad, try having a Liberator hover at ground level and literally out-tank your MBT.
    • Up x 2
  18. Emotitron

This seems to be a common and legit complaint. Libs got overbuffed in their resistance to tank rounds.
    • Up x 1
  19. Macho

Just a couple things...

1.) Take out the engies repairing (they always exit on the left side,), it's game over. Even if they get back in and try to lift off, they'll still be extremely vulnerable.
    2.) 2 engies repping do not out-repair the incoming damage from an ESF (maybe against AI weapons). All it does is equalize it at best. As long as the ESF hangs off and continues to shoot, the engies' guns will over heat and the ESF will win. The biggest mistake ESFs make is that they make passes on a landed Lib rather than hover and shoot. The lull in damage as the ESF makes it's turn allows the engies to get ahead. We always know we are ****** if the pursuing ESF slows to a stop and continues shooting. In the same way, I know we'll be okay if the ESF continues to move forward and passes overhead. We watch the map closely for which of those two tactics an ESF will do when we have to make emergency landings/repairs; the former means we usually lose the Lib, the latter means we'll be able to get back up and defend ourselves. If we have a crew of 3 engies, we will just repair through a single ESF because:
    3.) 3 engies can out repair any amount of incoming damage a single player can deal (minus the insta-boom abilities). I'd be curious to hear any other situation where a single player can out-DPS 3 engies. I'm not sure why anyone is claiming they should be allowed to do otherwise.

Oh yeah: Comp armor is stupid right now (shouldn't mitigate tank/Dalton rounds at all), Dalton nerf to infantry = good, Shredder still too good of an all-around weapon (too good at AA and too good against infantry). Finally,
    I agree that the Lib needs a bit of nerfing but there are a ton more in the air and I think that the increased #s makes them feel more OP than they really are.
    • Up x 1
  20. MongooseTwoFive

Yeah, that's just plain silly. SOE wanted to help libs deal with getting pegged by tanks too much (it's not terribly difficult to do), but they did it in an awful way. If a liberator is flying low, they should pay the price for it. They can farm kills much more efficiently, but they're also vulnerable to taking an AP round to the face.

I think the phenomena they tried to address were the sniper/artillery tanks who fire from elevated positions or from a long distance away so that the lib is in their firing angle even if they've got a decent altitude.

I think what would have been better would be to lower the maximum firing angle a little bit instead of the armor buff. You get less tanks focused on the sky, but they can still punish stupid pilots who come in low.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.