They gota fix nc maxes, i am getting instagibbed in my vs max.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jaktrobot, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Selerox

Ah, in that case accept my sincerest apologies.
  2. MarkAntony

That is just a bad joke man. Other maxes are at least as good as the NC maxes at killing infantry. and way better at sustaining fire since they don't have to suffer the longest reload after every 2 kills.
  3. Gritmo

Funny, I just wasted a scat max with my medic... I kept running backwards, jumping, and getting head shots while he only hit me with a few pellets... I had to laugh when he died.
  4. MarkAntony

Well an NC max needs 1300 certs for slugs and extended mags to be able to do anything. That guy obviously didn't have that.
    • Up x 2
  5. Goretzu

The orginal NC MAXs couldn't insta-gib at 10m (they required a reload) with pellets, never mind the massively nerfed current NC AI MAX with slugs.

It is mathmatically impossible. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  6. Goretzu

You don't seem to have used NC AI MAXs either (from what you are saying). :confused:

KA5 makes you effectively immune to 75% of NC AI MAX weapons (they need a reload to kill you, even with extended mags, even at 0m)
    • Up x 1
  7. Devrailis

The original NC MAX could chain gib 3 VS MAXes back to back.

Nostalgia overwhelms me.
  8. Paragon Exile

"Insta-gibbed" = "Killed in less than half a second"
  9. Bankrotas

Bull. I managed to kill 2 maxes back before first nerfs at 10 meters. You needed about 7-8 shots per max to kill it, while you had 24.
  10. Bankrotas

Possible if 2 falcon dualwielding maxes hit you at same time. (emphasis on 2 AV maxes)
  11. Goretzu

At 0m certainly.
    Bull? You couldn't "insta-gib" at 10 m with the first Live version of the NC AI MAX, no "bull" there, a lack of reading comprehension, perhaps. :confused:
    It is just not possible now at 10m, even on the day the game went Live it wasn't really possible at 10m (at 0m yes, certainly).
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

Exactly. I've no idea what on earth they are on about. :confused:

That was the reality, and that video version of the NC AI MAX has had 2 lots of blanket nerfs to get to the current version.
    • Up x 2
  13. Paragon Exile

They're still a nooby pain in the ***.
  14. Goretzu

They are certainly deadly at about 0-7m these days (unless you're a MAX with KA5 in which case only NC AI MAXs with dual grinders with pellets and extended mags really are - the rest just tickle).

They also can be deadly (to infantry anyway) out to a reasonable range with mattocks and slugs, but both their DPSecond and DPmag is much reduced by this and against other MAXs this is a pretty pants setup relatively.

It is just some of the claims here are pure hyperbole, and many aren't even possible.

And they vastly understate the very good TR and VS MAX AI weapons as well.
  15. MarkAntony

No less nooby than your maxes or TR maxes. Who are now worse at killing other maxes or infantry or vehicles than NC maxes btw.
    • Up x 1
  16. Atis

So we either have situation where no MAX gibb other max or situation where NC max gibb other max. What a nice balance you have here, must be Higby's idea.
    • Up x 1
  17. MarkAntony

No what we have right now is a situation where any max can kill any max. nice balance we have there.
    • Up x 1
  18. lothbrook

To add to this the NC max just kills faster than other maxes under 10m and can't kill another max past 15m, unless they've dumped 3k certs for dual mattocks and extended mags, lol.
  19. MarkAntony

don't forget the other 300 for slugs.
    • Up x 1
  20. NinjaTurtle

NC MAX is very strong in close quarters, that's what they get for being less well off at range. It's how the game should be balanced, different strength in different areas.

As long as you aren't in MAX hugging range you should be fine