Has 64bit been re-enabled? I can't run the game again.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LCTR, Apr 24, 2014.

1. GalaxyPilot007

Thanks! Works now! Plus I'm playing from my mac.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dirty Mcgriddle

To quote something I posted recently, that got over-looked...

"Howdy, folks!

Though not a DEV, I recently had the same issue as you guys. Let me explain what's happening here.

The error 0xc000007b is a nasty one that pops up whenever a program is trying to run a dll for the wrong type of OS. In this case, the 64-bit process is trying to run a 32-bit dll file which causes this error.

The easiest way to fix this is to have someone you know and trust help you.

Fist off, find an outfit member or friend that can play the game just fine on the 64 bit client.

Have them go into their c:/Windows/System32 folder and make a copy of D3DX9_43.DLL and e-mail it to you. Make sure they indicate in the e-mail that the file is from System32.

Download the DLL they sent you and place it in your own System32 folder. That will take care of the 64-bit DLL.

Next, have them go into their C:/Windows/Syswow64 folder and, again, make a copy of the D3DX9_43.DLL file there. Have them e-mail that file to you, clearly indicating that it belongs in your syswow64 folder.

Once the correct files are in the correct folders, you should be up and running.

Again, it's best to get the help of a friend with a working 64-bit client. Also, for those of you who say just reinstall Direct X to fix the error, I did that around 10+ times and spent around four hours trying to fix this before I finally asked an outfit member to send me a copy of his dll files. This is the easiest way to avoid the headache involved with this error.

So, again, ask those you trust to hook you up with the files, place them in the correct folder and profit. For clarity sake, the system32 folder is where all of your 64-bit dll files belong. The Syswo64 folder is for 32-bit dll files. Microsoft laziness at it's best; let's not adjust file paths and confuse the Higby out of people, woo!"
    So, in short:
    Dear SOE:
    For the love of all that is holy and Auraxium, why don't you just have your launcher just install the proper DirectX Files. I'm no code junkie, so I have no idea how complicated it would be to add it, but we're talking about TWO DLL files here, no more, no less. That's it. TWO. Please don't get me wrong, this is not an angry post. This is merely me, pointing out AGAIN, what the cause of that error is. I have submitted a ticket or two telling CS reps what the error is and how to resolve it. If you want your customers to get back into the game, provide them with the DLL files one way or another. Either patch them in, or host them yourselves.
    Also, before I forget, I used every form of that DirectX installer and STILL had the same issue. Tried completely removing DirectX and reinstalling it in chronological order of release as well, and still had the problem. Before resorting to a fresh install of Windows (something nobody should have to do to get a game to run properly, IMO) I had a member of my outfit e-mail good copies of the DLL files, and BOOM! Fixed.
    So, to recap; please, just please... find some way of releasing the files to the general public so I have more people to shoot at!
    And if you're wondering how I managed to find the fix for this, it wasn't hard. There is an awesome program called Dependency Walker which is free, that allows you to run a program and see what files it needs in order to operate. Each time I tried to run a 64-bit client, either live or test, it would tell me that the two mentioned DLL files were being called incorrectly and that is what was causing the error code.
    Please at least acknowledge the fact that someone has figured out what the issue is and be aware that the DirectX installer is crap and doesn't work for some people.
    • Up x 3
  3. Aldivac

I logged into the game. Redeployed back to the warpgate. After getting back to WG, the game froze and crashed to desktop. No error message.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM Ivy Bridge
    RAM: 6144 MBytes PC12800 DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M, 4095 MB
    Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 332.21 Driver WHQL
  4. LocketManShow

5. Slider2k

Also, if DirectX "fix' doens't help - try validating game files in the launcher. It worked for me.
  6. Mogsy

this is more likely a driver fault, nothing to do with the game per say (unless its a video or sound driver). Use Nirsoft's BSOD viewer to load your dump log and it should ID the offending driver/DLL/App
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

for me, looks like x64 less shuttering, but FPS drop is still exist
  8. Guavaman

I'd like to add that I'm another user who had to go through this extra step to get the latest patched version running which makes absolutely no sense since I'm running Windows 8.1 w/ update. I've been playing for about 9 months now and have played on the 64 bit client for quite a while. I've never had this issue until the last 3 or 4 days of patching. I got the 7b error a few days ago, but after SOE issued another patch it went away. The patch yesterday brought back the 7b error.

The DX installer you are requiring users to download is 4 years old. It seems to be PS2 is relying on some library which A) is not included in the Direct X runtimes MS includes with Windows 8.1 B) not installed by the Planetside 2 installer. This is sloppy. And apparently this is a new dependency in your build since I've been playing for so long without requiring this library with no issues, even on the 64 bit version, on both Vista and Windows 8.1. Again, since the requirement of this missing library seems to be intermittent with the latest patches going back and forth. Somewhere, some library is being alternately included and excluded from your builds.
    • Up x 2
  9. LCTR

Well, this is my second day with no access to the game.
    (Won't start at all after the launcher, no error code)

Can we have an official statement on whether it's ok to swap out the x86 for the x64 exe to get the game running? Or does that count as modification of the game files?

Is there a fix incoming or am I looking at not being able to play all weekend?

Thanks for your help.
    • Up x 2
  10. FireclawX

Having the same issue as you, and am also on day 2 of no Planetside :(

I am probably going to switch up the files, I don't believe it's a mod or anything...
    • Up x 2
  11. RagnarSpazzz

I am getting the same error code.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

The fix listed below is not feasible. I love the game so don't take me wrong. The reason I have stuck with planetside 2 is 1. it is a great FPS and 2. it always works. We need a patch bad.

"Fist off, find an outfit member or friend that can play the game just fine on the 64 bit client.

Have them go into their c:/Windows/System32 folder and make a copy of D3DX9_43.DLL and e-mail it to you. Make sure they indicate in the e-mail that the file is from System32.

Download the DLL they sent you and place it in your own System32 folder. That will take care of the 64-bit DLL.

Next, have them go into their C:/Windows/Syswow64 folder and, again, make a copy of the D3DX9_43.DLL file there. Have them e-mail that file to you, clearly indicating that it belongs in your syswow64 folder.

Once the correct files are in the correct folders, you should be up and running."
  12. FireclawX

This will fix your problem :)
    It just fixed mine, it will allow you to run the 32 bit version!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...f-youre-not-happy-with-the-x64-client.184427/
  13. RagnarSpazzz

I just downloaded "directx_Jun2010_redist" from Microsoft and was able to log in. I'll play a few hours and see if I see and glickes. Got to get my PS2 Fix. :):):)
  14. RIctavius

Error message or not starting?
    • Up x 1
  15. bogdan

"If you get this message trying to run Planetside 2:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Please run through this Microsoft DirectX install and then try again: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109"

Ok I tried this, clicked run. then it asks me where to extract it. where do I extract it?

thanks
  16. Librux

SOE please give us the ability to use the 32 bit indtead of 64 bit client. PLEASE i would love to play now instead of wait about 2 months for a new computer.
  17. JettStarjammer

I am also running in x64 bit and the game is NOT loading now. I can not play.

Personally, I would like to be provided an OPTION to SWITCH between 32 bit and 64 bit so that WHEN a buggy patch comes out like this, I can keep playing in 32 bit. I also like the idea of PERSONALLY getting to decide how much processing power I want to dedicate to the game, 32 vs 64. This would not hurt the game at all, but would improve our ability to choose a client best suited to our needs.
  18. JettStarjammer

I've found something interesting in the fact that my 64 bit client seems to be being run as a 32 bit client in my Task Manager.

I have also found that by using Dependency Launcher which can track what files the launcher is looking for, AND NOT FINDING these files in the 32 bit directory:

API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL
    API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
    API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
    API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
    API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
    API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL
    DCOMP.DLL
    GPSVC.DLL
    IESHIMS.DLL

I hope this information helps and thanks for working on fixing this. :)
  19. SuperMedicated

i have the working files, tell their folder and names
    • Up x 1
  20. SuperMedicated

I've got them, pm me with their location and i'll make a thread
    • Up x 1