Small, unspoken faction perks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thardus, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Thardus

As I play the game, I've come to notice a few, little things that are never really mentioned as faction advantages, aren't part of the faction flavour, but are still a nice bonus that the enemy teams don't have.
    Playing as Vanu, I've noticed...
    Magriders' ability to hover give them two similar bonuses that I never see mentioned. One... they can (once they've got a certed chassis) run over crouched infantry, and often do little to know damage, or even hover right over them on bumpy terrain. In the same manner, Magriders can stack up like a totem pole. Other factions have to deal with silly things like "traffic" when driving their MBTs. Magriders, due to their hovering and sleek shape, can quite freely slip over and under other allied tanks without too much difficulty, or even get themselves through a single file gap, two or three at a time.

On the ground, I've also recently come to appreciate that when I hear a gun going *bang-bang-bang*, I can be reasonably certain that it's being fired by an enemy, most Vanu guns sounding very distinct from the other factions.

Anyone else notice any little perks for their faction, just based on the shape or size of a model, or other seemingly inconsequential trait?
  2. XXBLACKATTACKXX

IDK what game you are playing but it can't be PS2

Magriders eat vanu
  3. Vixxing

He meant "you can run over enemies without any danger of hurting them!" (idd they run on 20% nanites and 80% vanu blood)
    • Up x 1
  4. Thardus

Oh, Magriders can be dangerous, especially if you're standing upright on flat ground, or if the magrider doesn't have any chassis certed, but at the crests of hills, or on slightly bumpy terrain, or even just when you're crouching, I've been run over tons of times, taking little to no damage, something that TR or NC would be hard pressed to remember happening to them even once.
  5. Phyr

They're called "magmowers" for a reason. You also completely missed the real VS perk, Vanu booty.
    • Up x 2
  6. Phos!

Free SMG in my pocket.
  7. CrashB111

That happens to all vehicles though, I can ram an enemy HA with my Prowler at full speed and he gets gently nudged out of the way, but if I scratch a friendly he explodes into a fountain of blood and nanites.

Something about the game doesn't seem to handle collisions that well.
    • Up x 5
  8. PrimePriest

Even better perk is that Magriders can hover over enemy MBT (sometimes not willingly) and eat tasty shell in the belly. Om nom nom. :D

Best NC perk? Ummm...our tank looks like...you know...actual tank.
  9. EGuardian1

As an experienced Vanguard Driver, the whole Magrider being able to drive over a tank easily is a blessing and a curse. Blessing because you can get around just about anywhere, a Curse because it's very difficult to win a CQC tank fight when I keep driving under you and poking it in the booty.

Sweet sweet Vanu Booty.
  10. Vixxing

Was hellafunny yesterday, i drove a PPA harasser eating TR inf spawning from a sundie (til some brilliant TR realised they could chew us up with Sundie basilisks) so i took off in flames and repaired... came back and a Frac max had spawned... Rammed that bastard in 120... nothing happened, so he set me afire, i jumped out and harasser rolled gently to him down slope when he reloaded... and *SPLAT* ran him over and killed him dead...
    Laughed so hard i almost busted my gut :p
  11. Vixxing

NC got a perk though... when a female MAX goes "i think i broke it!" she sounds so cute i (almost) feel bad when i kill her... ;,(
    • Up x 1
  12. DQCraze

The whole magriders traffic thing is more the chef flipping pancakes at the local diner. "Easily" travel down a road- not in my experience.
  13. Frosty The Pyro

far in the days of yor, when I first made my vanu character, the very first thing I did was pull a mag as part of some armor column. I didn't even get 300 m when another mag decided my chasis was the proper space for it to sit, it drives over me and my mag gets crushed underneath it. My first death as in a magrider, indeed my first death as vanu, was due to another magrider running me over.
  14. JorgeSarcos

Also (as disadvantage) the Vanu fork shape of the scythe makes us get stuck on poles more often than other ESFs, and even more difficult to get out of... o_O

I also find the Magriders sound to be a lot more silenced than the other MBTs.
  15. Selerox

Spandex-clad buttocks.
    • Up x 2
  16. MuchachoBob

IIRC, NC gets access to the only crosshair type 3.4 scope, the tacti-eye, wich is the best scope in the game, IMO. Chevron sucks.
  17. Stormsinger

Here in the Vanu Sovereignty, our grass is always greener, thanks to our all new Xeno LawnTech. Faction perception overstates many of our lawn's advantages*, but that's ok! Maybe more of the unenlightened will eventually find their way to our labs, there are plenty of openings!

*Except the PPA, that thing is stupidly good.
  18. Phyr

The NC loli voice is adorable. I picture this as their leader
    [IMG]
  19. MajiinBuu

VS MAX: Smaller hitbox, same armor as other maxes
  20. Phyr

I find it easier to shoot the VS max in the head.