Queue times for a continent (F2P vs Subscribers)?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Netsurfer733, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Netsurfer733

I was thinking of going F2P for a while (since the budget is tight these days), but my fiancee has been thoroughly dismayed from playing Planetside 2 altogether because when there are big fights worth actually attending in the game, she (who is not a subscriber) can never get in in time, because it seems to take forever to enter a locked continent with the current queue system. I'm not sure if she's just been unlucky.

So I was hoping for some information. Does anyone know how many subscribers get through the queue for every one F2P member?

PS-I'm thinking if it's something of a ratio like 10 subscribers for every 1 F2P member, then that's terrible...but if it's 2:1, then that's actually quite fine.
  2. MajiinBuu

I don't know what the actual ratio is.
    During primetime I can see tons of people standing around the globe terminal, waiting in que.
    Me, being an auraxium member, walk up to it and am already ahead of everybody waiting.
    It's unfair yeah, but they should've UPGRADED NOW
    • Up x 4
  3. Konfuzfanten

I think around 10:1 sounds about right.

And yes i do think its fair that the paying members get there first. On ceres now and again get queues on Indar during alerts, but its generally not a problem.

Ofc during the last 2XP weekend (for all members), we had a +45 non member queue on indar for TR/NC.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

You still have queues? It was a long time since I last saw a queue on Cobalt or Ceres. It's as if all those PU1&Amerish update people just disappeared.
    • Up x 3
  5. Konfuzfanten

We had a queue on Ceres/indar TR last weekend and a few days before that.
  6. Ghosty11

Queues depend on the faction and server. My Waterson VS character never waits in a queue, rarely does my Connery TR wait in a queue, while my Mattherson NC would generally wait in a queue during prime time alert. I am F2P btw.
  7. Modern Ancestor

Have witnessed few times a queue for Indar at Miller. Have upgraded so didnt take too long.
  8. Dead soldier

Have you tried getting on indar during an indar alert during primetime? I saw the NC amerish warpgate had 48+
  9. Wecomeinpeace

I haven't seen a queue on miller in MONTHS. I often just let the game running though while i do other stuff so maybe i just had lucky timing.
    Regardless, "upgrading now" because of queues sounds like a waste of money currently.
  10. Ronin Oni

priority queuing is one of the best things of membership.

I've gone from an avg of 4-7 min (or 15 min + during Indar Alert) queue times to under a minute.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jeslis

It isn't a ratio..

If there are 21 members in que, and 150 non members in que.
    ALL 21 members go first. If another member gets in que later, but before the first person in the nonmember que gets through.. then that NEW member in line is STILL ahead of the 150 nonmembers in the line.

Hope I made sense there.
    • Up x 3
  12. Planetdoge

Waterson VS: no queues...ever.
  13. Eyeklops

This is how it works AFAIK. 6 months after release I let my sub lapse for a bit. I entered the queue for Indar during Matty prime time. I was #5. Then an alert hit on that continent. Within minutes I was #125. I went to Esamir instead.
  14. Coffee Hound

It's not a ratio - non-members have to wait for all members to enter before they are let in. If you're the next non-member in the queue, any member that enters the queue gets in line right in front of you.

IMO, this is the best thing about being a paying member.
    • Up x 2
  15. Astriania

Yeah, you won't get in until there are no subscribers waiting. It occasionally means you have to play on the 'wrong' continent for a while, particularly during Indar alerts. It's rare to have a queue at all at the moment, though, and certainly rare to have more than 5 minutes to wait.
    • Up x 1
  16. Netsurfer733

That's....way worse than i thought it was. I can get giving the subscribers a good priority, but good God - waiting until ALL subscribers get in before letting F2P people play in a big fight? Wtf.
  17. AdamPA1006

I'm not a subscriber, never have, but I think its fair, subscribers need some nice perks
    • Up x 2
  18. Paperlamp

Non-subscriber and rarely is there a significant wait time outside of double XP events and prime time during weekends.

Don't think it's worth subbing to this game except maybe on the occasionally 1 SC sales for membership deals, and even then I'd only do the 1 month for the 500 sc + those 1 SC items.
  19. bPostal

It's not as bad as that. I let my sub lapse six months after launch (or near enough as to make no difference) and I don't think I've waited longer than it takes to smoke a cigarette.
    If we were still where we were at on day one though...I recall seeing login queues of well over 500 people.
  20. Trebb

I sub and this is one of the best perks. Even when I was F2P I thought it was perfectly fair. Generally only see queues during continent specific alerts anywhooo.
    • Up x 1