Are these stats suspicious?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PvtTickleTactic, Apr 20, 2014.

1. ViXeN

The K/D isn't anywhere near "hacker" territory.

The accuracy is high but quite doable. I can average around 35% with most weapons myself now just playing normally. I was also able to get my Orion accuracy to 40% for one of my alts a little while ago by spending more time in biolabs and taking less medium range shots and I stopped taking long range shots almost entirely so its not that difficult.

The headshots are really the only questionable stat. Almost half of his kills were headshots and getting a 50% rate is extremely difficult even if you're only going for headshots in every situation. I can do around 45-50% for SHORT periods of time when I am actually trying really hard during one gaming session but not consistently all the time. That is nearly impossible, I don't care how good your aim is....
    • Up x 1
  2. Hoki

What video were you watching, the entire time the guy in the video was shooting at his buddy, the guy with the BR was within LOS..

That wasn't exactly amazing reflexes, kinda slow imo.
  3. Simferion

These are key points I like to start from for a thought:
    even if you are the best player of the world you cannot be a monster with all the weapons because each weapon has its own pull and being used to one weapon can be a problem if shooting with a weapon with a different recoil pattern.
    You can average a good or very good accuracy but this means you'll be a monster with some weapons and a not so good shooter with other ones.

Moreover other than the accuracy and so on, we lack some datas like the effective combat situations.
    For example:
    I know a player with a very good accuracy with the gauss saw. This shouldn't be strange if this player didn't use the Saw in close quarter , hip-firing in autofire against more than 1 enemy.
  4. Tar

Actually, you can. If you couldn't, you wouldn't be the best player of the world.
  5. Simferion

Non sequitur
  6. BillBoBaggins

More likely a no recoil macro of some kind.
  7. Kuro1n

That is 2 shots from a battle rifle in really short time (its supposed to be 1 second between each shot) pay attention please. Fact is he did this a few times, 3-4 times on me and a few other players as well.
  8. Bobby Shaftoe

No, Battle Rifles have a refire rate of 180ms, or 5.5 rounds per second.

You can even see the 2 separate damage events, the first leaving the guy on something like 1/3 of his health bar.
  9. ashen

lol - if those stats are suspicious then I must be off the scale - and I know I don't hack (despite SoE banning me once then reinstating me with an apology!)

The thing with this game is you can farm a ridiculous K/D if you know how to be in the right place at the right time. This is something a hack can't give you, and something that's worth far more than all the aimbot/assist junk people are dumb enough to pay for. Lets face it, an aimbot as infantry isn't going to be too helpful when you take a tank shell in the face.

Some tinfoil hat folks think the game is riddled with "subtle" hackers, that use hacks just enough to gain an upper hand. This really isn't true, or I'd die way more in infantry 1v1 as a non-hacker. Sometimes people lag and crazy stuff happens as a result, but that's the nature of netcode and a game trying to support 100v100v100 battles. The problem is that since hacking became rife in FPS games, it's second nature for people to blame losing on unfairness/cheating rather than try and learn from it. The aforementioned ban I got happened after I'd been nestled in the arch of an amp station repeatedly headshotting an outfit spawning at a sund below with a slug shotgun. In their inability to look up, or understand what slugs are, they mass reported and SoE banned, then checked it out, realised it was legit, and revoked the ban (and gave me 1000SC).

Don't get me wrong, I've seen people hack, but usually they go power-mad and end up under the world with a 1000 kills in 30 minutes on the daily leaderboard, and quickly get banned. As SoE keep updating based on the obviously available hacks, for someone to "subtly" hack they'd need to basically develop their own hack to avoid getting caught with the signature of the widely used ones, and resist the urge to turn the hack up a notch when losing or bored. This would end up being such a tiny % of players it's better to either shrug the wt* deaths off as lag, or learn from them.
  10. Yuki10

Vixen that's how i feel about your stats as well. They are impossibly high for me....yet, i trust you in playing by the rules. Just saying that i often see people who i would like to call hackers, because they are that much better than i am. But i dont....
  11. ViXeN

Well that is why I said "nearly" impossible. I'm not going to rule it out entirely that he may be legit but the majority of pro-gamers can't reach a 50% rate even when they are only trying for headshots. I know two comp players myself whose accuracy is usually quite a bit above mine on most games and neither of them could do that. If its not legit, I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean the person is hacking, though. There are other ways to pad most stats without hacking.

Yeah, I definitely don't hack or use exploits (I won't even use weapons that I think are too cheap) but my stats are within the normal range of competitive and pro-gamers. I can average around 35% accuracy with most guns once I have a good feel for them. Now I'll admit the 40% I got with my Orion on my alt character was mostly because I changed my playstyle a bit, like I said earlier.

My k/d isn't crazy. Well maybe a little for someone who mostly plays infantry and rushes most of the time but hackers usually have like 20-30 kdr, which is just insane. The highest I have ever reached on a game was 10 back on MW2 and that was only because the game was so easy. With most games I average around 3-5. My headshot rate is never really that high because I usually go for the smarter and safer torso shots in most situations.
  12. Hoki

For someone that is a very selective shooter and takes their time, its not suspicious.

I would expect that playstyle to be very low K/D and SPM, and that is exactly what he has, a **** score.

If he's running around owning the **** out of people thats another story, but that score and that video are nothing suspicious.

Ditto on the battle rifle fire rate, go demo a battle rifle before you say its off. (it isn't)
  13. Kuro1n

Seems I was wrong about the fire rate, I assumed 0.9sec would be the fire rate (chamber time) (as none other is stated). He hasn't been on since people reported him either way.
  14. PvtTickleTactic

Can't believe this thread keeps popping up front everyday.

Battle rifle guy, don't know what that's about and not what/who my original post referred to.

For all those focusing on the KDR, it was the 45-50% HSR on every weapon used across all 3 factions that seemed off in combination with the players movement on screen that day.

This thread needs to be closed, none of it matters anyway. The outfit the player has applied to twice have requested gameplay footage based on the questionable HSR.

SOE received plenty of reports on the player the day I posted this. I'm sure if the player continues to snap around getting multiple headshots at the speed I witnessed more reports will come.

Will SOE ban and if so will it be just or mistaken, who knows, who cares.

This game has more than enough bugs to ruin your experience lately than any player with a possible aimbot could. Most people are lucky if they can even log in let alone play long enough to get killed.

If there's a Mod reading this lock it down, this thread is going nowhere and already derailed from the original topic.
  15. reydelchicken

Uh... looks like I arrived late to the party.

But... I don't understand why you people would think I hack with the terribad positioning I have. And yes, like someone said I come from playing quake, ut2004, and other arena shooters like that. I am not the best player out there in those games, but I've always relied on my accuracy to keep me alive, and since you can pickup health and armour in those games, just outaiming the other players is a very viable strategy.

Now that I've started playing planetside, clearly that playstyle doesn't work here since everyone starts with more or less the same health and shield. Now about my accuracy, it could be padded by 1-2% at most because of shooting at maxes or ESF/Harrassers that are low. And getting a HSR like mine is not impossible, infact I want to make a sort of guide to explain how to aim a bit better and how to track/lead targets that are further away.

Now, about those weird snapping movements, I'm pretty sure that was simply the netcode doing it's thing, I have very bad internet (1mbps/0.3mbps) , so I assume that my bandwidth being saturated could be causing me to warp around a bit. I've seen this happen with briggs players on connery, where their movement seems... off.

But anyway, I would kindly ask you all to not report me, as it is quite likely that I could get banned if it continues, and I really like this game and would not like that to happen. I've also been getting a worrying amount of tells ingame saying that I've been reported...
  16. Corporate Thug

Most players are just bad and won't understand even if you went to their house and showed them on their own computer. If you do get reported then nothing will happen if you are legit. I have been reported more times than I can count and haven't gotten banned yet. But the question that I have is, how the heck can you be good at killing but horrible at positioning? The way that I spot hackers is by paying attention to what they do in situations. Good players do good things. Good players usually have great reflexes and will rarely let you catch them out in the open with no cover to speak of. Perhaps you like to Leroy and that is why you die so much?
  17. BillBoBaggins

You can only be so accurate with a mouse,you can't control the random bullet spread.My money is on this player is using a macro built into his mouse that takes away CoF and gives you zero recoil.
  18. LibertyRevolution

WOW... I don't think I seen that many S grades..
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/KammyVS

With this games random COF and <-> recoil... You are godlike..

Do you have video of you playing???
    I would love to see what this looks like during a normal play session for you.
  19. Liberty

If you want to see someone on that level of play, you can check out Visigodo who (at least for some time) streamed pretty regularly. I think his twitch account is : oprahphobia

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/q3dm6
  20. Longasc

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428191068400059841/killboard

people just support their empire by creating alt accounts and using them to cheat like there is no tomorrow.

This one shot people in the spawn room of a tower. Thought a TK first, but he was somewhere in the wall.

Let's see how long SOE need to ban this one. And if they go the long way to figure out and block the main account behind it.