We need another performance patch!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghost_Leader, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Ghost_Leader

I'm posting this in the gameplay discussion subforum,because performance directly impacts our gameplay experience(and for more visibility :p ).

I think we can all agree that performance has dropped for most of us(in varying degrees) after PU02,which was released almost half a year ago.Since then we have gotten some very small optimizations here and there,but the average FPS has went downhill since then.GPU utilization is still lacking,SLI and Crossfire need some love too.Not to mention the instability and login issues the game has been having in the last months.
    Also this might just be me,but every time I fly the Mossy in 1st person,I get a drop of 10-15 FPS,compared to 3rd person view,which doesn't make sense since in 3rd person the game supposedly renders more stuff as you have a wider view.
    You need to step up your game,SOE.You're losing potential customers because of how unplayable the game can be sometimes.
    • Up x 4
  2. TheBlindFreak

Yeah, PU2 gave me a performance boost, but dang, the game is running worse now than it did before PU2.

It's annoying enough that I'd rather just chill and watch tv over playing this game.
  3. Darthjackn

Agreed soe needs to optimize performance more again.
  4. Paragon Exile

I recently passed 120 FPS on all settings maxed, up from 80 in March (at rest)

>mfw I hear performance complaints

[IMG]
  5. GottAdonis

Well I always get consistent 60 FPS, no matter where I fight. :p
  6. Ubad00d

PU02 I had great 60fps. Lib update (? I think it was) screwed me over, then all the patches after that made it get progressively worse. Now I stutter when flying near bases. Get random frame drops even when I'm in a low population area, and can't play on ultra anymore.

I also have this really, really weird issue which I worked out recently. It's like my frames are a proportional to my sensitivity... I could never figure out why these frame drops were really annoying but now I know, even a small drop to 40/50fps and my mouse sensitivity - and since now my FPS plummets in any high stress situation (basically all close range 1v1s) I have a hard time aiming.

Anyone else get this issue?

i5 3570k
    AMD HD7950 SAPPHIRE RADEON
    8gb ram
    PS2 installed on a 128gb SSD
  7. SuperMedicated

My old notebook, which I have to use now as my new one and PC got stolen used to run the game with everything on medium, 100% render quality and 3k render distance at 35fps, now I get 28fps on all minimum, shadows and flora off, 90% render quality and 2k render distance, the graphics look like GTA San Andreas with more polygons
  8. AdamPA1006

Does anyone get high FPS during massive fights, say 48+ each side biolab fight? If it gets too 100v100, I can drop into the 40s. 4770K and 290x.