SOE when will you nerf lock-ons and coyotes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Merlock, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Bush82

i noticed this playing earlier on Cobalt almost all my deaths in the air have been from A2A.
  2. Dis

As someone who used to spew bile in the direction of any a2a missile user, allow me to express my change in philosophy. Until they nerf libs and lolpods against infantry, lock ons are fine the way they are. Why? Because the air game in PS2 is, and always has been ****- roughly 98% of the so called flyboys only want to spam infantry. Therefore, they must eat a bag of dicks in the form of skill-less lock on spam.
  3. LordBlades

Using how much people hate something as a balancing metric is not very effective.

I'm willing to bet there are a lot more infantry players that hate Daltons/Lolpods than pilots that hate lockons, so by your own metrics should Libs and Lolpods be 'nerfed to the ground' before lockons?
  4. ValorousBob

The 2% that don't are the "aces", and we're the ones who hate Coyotes the most. We don't mind ground based AA at all. Many top pilots don't even hate Tomcats/etc because they can be beaten by flairs. Flairs are almost totally ineffective against Coyotes. If two pilots of equal skill fight, the one with Coyotes almost automatically wins. The best counter to Coyotes is more Coyotes. That creates a toxic and boring tactical situation. The video about Counter Play that gets linked here all the time explains this very well, but the gist of it is that Coyotes don't have enough viable counters.

Check my stats. I have kills 3,936 with my Scythe and are 3,243 them are vehicles. I'm clearly not farming infantry with lolpods. This is coming from someone who almost exclusively hunts ESFs: Coyotes are seriously horrible.
    • Up x 1
  5. SnipersUnion

Although I totally disagree with the OP, It does strike me as strange that only tomcats are 500 certs whilst every other secondary weapon is 1000.
    • Up x 2
  6. FocusLight

SOE has nerfed the AA in this game as much as they possibly can without making it 100% useless. It's only at about 80% now.

And yet, air-jocks like yourself is still crying that someone, somewhere, has the ability to shoot you down.

I guess as long as this will continue to be the case, the game is alive and well. We may want to start worrying, then your kind of entitlement-issue affected special-needs cases are no longer around to cry about the injustice inherent in other player's ability to stop you.
    • Up x 2
  7. IamnotAmazing

no one here is complaining about flak/g2a based lockons... at least I hope so
    • Up x 2
  8. Krayus_Korianis

Good pilots don't blame anyone but themselves...
  9. Ubad00d

There used to be an effective counter measure, nicknamed the cobra-something, discovered by a youtuber (ginghe?). Basically, you could dodge the missile by incapacitating yourself for a few seconds, you had to a do a descending/pitching up motion. Everyone was happy... A2Am still gave you a massive advantage but weren't necessarily an IWIN gun because they could be dodge, but then you could fire your nosegun at them whilst they are trying to dodge it. The person with A2Am still controls the engagement so to speak.

IMO, a state of balance could be - go back to A2Am where they were fire and forget BUT, make them reattain the lock every time they fire AND bring back the cobra maneuver, there we go.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tattoon

AA weapons should be boosted, not nerfed. Especially the AA MAX. Main reason : you dont have to deal with C-4 kamikaze fairies like everything else on the ground. So all you Air-*****-fanbois, quit the whining.
  11. Merlock

Let me guess, you don't fly. Don't give opinion. And this isn't even about AA lol what
    • Up x 1
  12. Tattoon

Let me guess, ur one of the whining fanbois? yes i do occasionly fly. So lock-on weapons, both from ground and air + coyotes isnt AA? Isnt this thread about AA? anything that kills air is AA. But more specific lock-ons, Bursters and coyotes.

if you havnt figured it out urself yet AA = Anti-Aircraft.
    • Up x 2
  13. Rhaegal

This is comparing apples to oranges. By "everybody" it's clearly implied that it's every pilot. This whole thread addresses an issue with the air game. Not A2G. Not G2A.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ubad00d

This thread is predominantly about A2A, air to air. Not G2A.
    • Up x 3
  15. ValorousBob

The ground players in this thread to re-read OP. He is NOT TALKING ABOUT GROUND BASED AA. Almost every pilot I know thinks G2A weapons are balanced, and this is coming from players who say Skyguards are a significant threat to their Libs/ESFs. I understand people don't like being farmed by lolpods, but some people in this thread are just being vindictive and bitter.

OP explicitly said he's talking about ESF v ESF combat, so stop trying to make this about G2A vs LOLpodders. BTW, who do you think kills most of the ESFs with lolpods? It's the aces who run AB tanks and do purely A2A combat. The vitriol being spewed in this thread is shocking, and it reflects poorly on your argument.
    • Up x 3
  16. Ubad00d

All my +1s are belong to you.

Any discussion which involves dedicated pilots is almost always filled up with unnecessary, unprovoked hate from infantry players because 'flybois' are 'elitist pricks'. Dangerous levels of irony approaching in this forum now.
  17. Merlock

I don't even know why this thread is still going lol
  18. Scr1nRusher

A2A missiles should be removed.

Honestly...... they take the skill out of air, and don't help the new people in the air game.
  19. Wyll

Striker.

Check and Mate.
  20. Scr1nRusher

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A2A NOT ATG.