Please upgrade the game now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nanomorph, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Nanomorph

I started playing this game in January (TR on Miller - left because of lag; TR on Waterson - left because of TR; finally settled for VS on Waterson) and it worked perfectly for about 2 months.

Hitreg was flawless even with 200ms to Waterson (I live in Europe).

Performance was fantastic (I could even run the game on my potato laptop when I needed to).

So of course I upgraded now and bought a few guns for SC, I even bought a helmet for sweg :D

Then the death screen patch happened. Perfomance plummeted, hitreg was broken, input lag came out of nowhere, stuttering attacked on all fronts, I even started seeing other players stutter/teleport around :eek:

Sony WTF happened??? This game has been borderline unplayable for me ever since the death screen patch. That was more than a month ago.

And you know what? I come back every few days and of course after an update to see if you've fixed the game, and no, it doesn't get any better. The last time I played, I sunk an entire Artemis magazine into an enemy infiltrator who was sitting still 10m away - but I still had to pull my sidearm to finish him off.

I love this game and I donated to thank you for it, but now I can't even play without a rage quit.

Good thing the Russian version of PS2 runs a much older build (pre-death screen patch atmo) and works fine - it works just like this version did before that damn update.

So please, fix the game asap, don't neglect it in favour of that fantasy MMO and that DayZ clone you're making.

Planetside 2 is unique and you guys really need to upgrade the game now before the competition rolls out a potential PS2 killer like Star Wars Battlefront or something.
    • Up x 1
  2. QQlazors

I once had a teleporting lightning duel. We both were trying to shoot each other but we kept teleporting in circles. Some of the best fun I ever had in a tank.

Say no to nerfing fun!
    • Up x 1
  3. gigastar

Youll be saying that until something like this happens.

4. SpcFarlen

A few things.

Its hard to troubleshoot performance when many, like myself, havent had any change if performance since PU02 then other report having huge drops. Then even more others say the game runs even better than before.

Ping doesnt tell the whole story about you internet connection, as people on Briggs are well aware. They had huge packet loss issues on connected to the log in servers, which is what caused them to have long log in times. Packet loss can also make hit detection go bad because your client says you hit but the damage is never passed to the guy you are shooting. Thus no damage done. I myself havnt really ran into any of this. Though members of my outfit have.

So again its hard to troubleshoot when results very so greatly. Not to mention when engagements range from 1v1 to 100 v 100. Im not saying there are not issues but when is performance seeing a hit? Across the board or just in platoon v platoon battles? Same goes for hit detection. Try to give the devs more information about issues if you want them to look into it, otherwise they have to spend more time looking for the issue (which could not even be there, and only isolated to one person's experience) rather than fixing it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Nanomorph

I've been doing enough reading on the forums to figure out the problem is not on my end.

Most people complained for a while and eventually just left or bit the bullet.
    • Up x 1
  6. Modern Ancestor

I suggest hotrodding Miller for once more. As an oldtimer from PS1 i feel that Miller represent the old and glory days of Werner. Been to other servers like you but still keep coming back for more. Mainly i base this to observations on populations. I feel that on Miller the pops are bit more balanced. TR still draws most people but outfits on VS.NC counter it well. Do not have experiences on Russian Planetside "still cannot understand cyrilic".

As Finnish myself cant have that high opinions on slavs but i must say that examples on Miller speak for themselves. Have had great time with Russian players without even most primitive communication. Heres hoping that you would visit us again when things get solved.
  7. Norington

That Liberator/Deathscreen patch has been oblivious for me aswell. Specifically the input lag is horrible since then.
  8. SquattingPig

You should have played right after PU01. It was a glorious time... until PU02 came a few months later.