TR Scout rifles help

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Amnoon, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Amnoon

Hi people. Hi have been playing the infiltrator as a longshot sniper and i am looking to improve my mid range combat. I am looking for a semi auto sniper rifle and i really don't know which one is the most usefull option right now. What do you use?¿

Thanks for your help!
  2. MrMurdok

the NS-30 Vandal is your best mid-range option, it will provide your a with a fightning change up close as well.
  3. Amnoon

Better than the faction options?
  4. Mustarde

the HSR-1 and vandal are both good. I think the Vandal edges it out slightly.

Check my PS2 youtube catalog and I have some videos of each
  5. M2_Bradley

link pls...I'd like to see.
  6. OldMaster80

Both hsr-1 and soas20 are pretty good. Just don't use silencer so you can reach the full damage.
  7. Ravenorth

If you want purely to focus on mid-range combat then your best option would be KSR-35, its minimum damage is the same as maximum damage for semi-auto scout rifles, so you can more reliably drop targets on longer ranges with fewer shots and its also more effective against nanoweave users and HA shields.
  8. Stinneyt

Thats the first time I've ever seen someone recommend the KSR-35.

Mid to short range I like the SOAS-20
    Mid to long range I like the TSAR-42 for BASR and HSR-1 for SASR. But I would probably use the TSAR-42 if I had to choose only one.
  9. Ravenorth

The higher damage can make it devastating weapon on the right hands, especially now that its sway got removed and iron sight transition time made faster.
  10. Mustarde

Look at my sig. I'm on my phone so can't link easily at the moment.
  11. Stinneyt

Thats a very good point. I haven't tried since the update.
  12. OldMaster80

No Ravenorth is right. KSR-35 is another weapon classified as sniper rifle but it actually works like a scout rifle (another is the TRAP M1). It's way better than the HSR-1 check the stats: it's faster, has longer range, deals more damage, it's just less good when you fire from the hip but it's much more deadly. And it's cheaper.
    If you play very aggressively don't put a silencer on that and watch the miracle to happen.

Personally I believe that SOAS-20 remains the king of scout rifles, even a sucker like me managed to get the auraxium medal. All the other alternatives (HSR-1, Vandal, TRAP, KSR-35) are also viable and very interesting, you just have to remember not to use the silencer (and in the TRAP case always go for the 3-bullets mode).
  13. Stinneyt

Well maybe I'll give the KSR-35 another go. I'm going for the infiltrator challenge and currently have HSR-1, KSR-35 and 99SV to go.
    Oh and also the TRAP.
    I really dont like the Semi Auto rifles. I much prefer the Fully auto scout or the BASR's.

But I agree on the SOAS. I paid 1000 certs for that weapon when it was terrible. I picked it up again recently and loved getting it to auraxium.
    As soon as I've finished the infiltrator challenge, I'm going back to it.
  14. MostlyClueless

If you want to use the SOAS-20 it's worth looking at the Hailstorm now they've buffed it. It's replaced my SOAS-20 lately because that bigger ammo mag is worth its weight in gold and it's actually a very effective mid range SMG now with a forward grip.

Good for an Infiltrator who rolls with a squad more than they do Solo.
  15. EvilKoala

FYI. KSR-35 recoil is bugged at the moment. Supposedly the fix is scheduled for next patch.
  16. Kilimarr

I used the impetus (NC KSR-35 copy) until i got auraxium with it and I love it!! I used it as a scout rifle, and you can really feel the extra damage. Even used it over the vandal because i just found the extra damage so much fun.

If you are going from long to mid range, I think the KSR-35 is the best choice as (atleast) I see it as being between scout rifles and sniper rifles. And then do scout rifles after that.
  17. Makora

Personal opinion: Get medic with SABR-13. A lot more reliable. Then again I just game from a session of using these and am a bit biased.

I simply haven't been able to get my scout rifles to WORK. The HSR-1 has this weird damage bracket where it can take anywhere from 4 to 5 shots to kill someone at medium to long range. That's FOREVER. And close range I simply can't keep track of the damn ADAD gatorade bunnies. Sure it's less with headshots I've had cases where some shlump survives three shots to the head and I'm left standing there, going "the hell..."
    SOAS-20, for me, has the wonkiest recoil of any gun I have ever used in PS2. I burst once and it's smooth, my bullets go where I want them to. Reload and fire again and the gun acts like I'm being hit with flinch from beta. Just goes all over the place. Too little ammo for too little damage on a gun with a neurological disorder.

I keep trying to use them though. By gods do I keep trying to use them. But every time it's an exercise in frustration, where I wish I had taken the NS7 over the SOAS-20 and the 99SV over the HSR-1

And the TSAR's a real peach. I bought it with SC when it came out, hoping (for whatever reason) that it'd be this super-awesome, super-long range anti-materiel rifle type weapon. (I kinda went on old, OLD Wiki data at the time that described the weapon as such) I was a wee bit dissapointed.

But yeah. I got the weapons. But just can't make em work.