For the people who say Flak and Lock-ons need a buff :

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Merlock, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Merlock

Credits to Cynacdc for this video.
    • Up x 5
  2. Nanomorph

People who say flak and lock-ons need a buff need to l2p.

I once took down a full health Lib by myself with the Annihilator (spawn room warrior ftw) and destroyed several Libs and ESFs with dual Bursters.

People whine when they can't afford dual Bursters and/or can't aim with them, and don't know how to lead a target to avoid the lock-on missile hitting terrain.
    • Up x 2
  3. Caserion

getting annihilated by 20 lock-on launchers doesn't prove anything. That's like saying insta killing a tank with 20 rocket launchers is OP or getting camped by 20 libs makes them OP.

1/10 you didn't even try.
    • Up x 14
  4. Ubad00d

Your point is right for the wrong reasons.

An abnormally high amount of lockons and flak doesn''t prove anything. Hell, if 200 infiltrators were camping the warpgate with a beamer they could kill it if they shot at the same time :p
    • Up x 4
  5. Merlock

That's how theg ame should be played, if you want it buffed what the **** can we do in air if we're already getting instagibbed like this? I can barely go over an outpost without having my health brought down to 10% in one second.

We people that fly know more then you who don't fly because we do also play on the ground, and I don't even get why people whine about air being op vs infantry, I barely get killed by it and if I do it's my mistake to be running in the open like that.

If anything AA should have it's range decreased, sometimes im getting hit by flak from over 2 outpost away. Where are we supposed to fly then?
  6. Merlock

It wasn't that many, flak maybe 2 burstor maxes or 2 phalanx turrets, then one rocket and you're down. Im just saying, some people whine that AA isn't strong enough but everyone who flies now that it definetely isn't underperforming.
    • Up x 1
  7. Merlock

you just need 3 lock ons to instagib an ESF. 3 free easy lock-ons.
    • Up x 2
  8. Caserion

I have actually flown ESF's, liberators and galaxies (primarily ESF's) and i know air is underperforming in larger battles, but showing this as an excuse doesn't work.

We can all agree that air is dominating when there are less than 12 people and underperforming when there's more. This is where the complaints are coming from on both sides and the reason both are screaming ''AA/AIR is OP!''.

This video does nothing but makes pilots feel right about themselves while no one else changes their opinion. This is why air is so hard to balance as their effectiveness changes largely when the population changes, more than anything else.
    • Up x 3
  9. DrXTC

Show me that you can take down a half-way skilled Skyguard or (two) dual burster maxes with an ESF. Impossible, huh? AA, especially bursters deal way too much damage at the moment and have a insanely long range. Guess it's part of the balance that AA at Allatum can hit air targets at Quartz Ridge, mhm?
  10. Caserion

Skyguard or burster MAXes cost resources, just like airplanes, and become less useful at ground targets by being stronger at air.

If an evenly skilled skyguard costing 350 resources can't take down one evenly skilled ESF then something is wrong, as the skyguard is less effective.

burster MAXes might be somewhat too much, as they can switch to ai/at at any infantry terminal, but the fact that they kill aircraft faster than they kill the MAX is common sense, isn't it?

I'm flying an ESF to take down other aircraft or softer targets, i'm flying Liberators to take down armored vehicles. I'm not flying to hunt down AA like a ******** baffoon who can't think. That is the ground peasants their job!
  11. VoidMagic

That seemed like a very short period of time between lock warning and death.
    Way short...
    • Up x 2
  12. XXBLACKATTACKXX

People do't want G2A buff for Anti ESF
    They want a way to counter liberators from the ground.
    Flak and G2A is Very good against ESF.
    • Up x 2
  13. Inex

Yeah, and I once took one down with harsh language.
    • Up x 3
  14. lawn gnome

i have scared plenty into the ground with missed decimator shots, but i never got any xp for those kills :mad:
    • Up x 1
  15. NeonNoodle

Seems like ESFs are stuck between a rock and a hard place because of the Lib buffs. Libs, which could previously tank a lot of flak, are now bordering ridiculous. Also IMO lock-on launchers should pop up on the map upon lock-on.
  16. Konfuzfanten

Time to myth bust!

So the guy gets jumped/ambushed by a superior force, ready and waiting, doesnt flare and die.

In that scenario, what do you think should happen?

Lock-ons and AA are only a deterrent against semi-decent pilots. Only baddies or greedy pilots die to AA.

And yet, in any "competitive" scenario, the guys with the most/best air wins. See community clash or other "competitive" PS2 events.

You need to hover, in the same position, for a very long time to be shoot down at Quartz Ridge by enemy AA from Allatum. In the old days of the buffed AA MAX, yea i agree. Now? Not even close.

---
    Saying that AA is OP or air is UP, is just laughable. Yes air, mostly libs+galaxies, cant operate in +48 enemy areas, but they can and will dominate any small fight and even 24-48 fights. And if talk power potential(se the "competitive" events) then nothing beats air in terms of power.
    • Up x 4
  17. Coffee Hound

Uh, check your death screen - that wasn't just 1 rocket. :rolleyes:

You flew right into one of those mass AA traps that outfits like to set up outside of warp gates. They usually consist of several dual-AA MAXes, several HA's with G2A rockets, and a handful of engineers & medics to keep them all running. I'm sorry, but a squad or 2 all concentrating to kill a solo pilot (and doing so very quickly) doesn't say anything one way or another about the effectiveness of AA.
    • Up x 2
  18. DrBash00

Well i fly a lot, and i use Flak a lot.
    I think they are in a really good Balance.

If you are a lonely Wolve --> Better go Flye a ESF
    If you are a good Teamplayer, and u Focus fire, a ESF can´t escape your Flak fire.....
  19. lawn gnome

honestly that would probably result in MORE aircraft kills because then the aircraft would be much more likely to try and hunt down the threat instead of running. most of my decimator kills on aircraft come from aircraft getting in close to line up a shot on me.
  20. Inex

WTB Lock-on Deci, pst.

But beyond that such an idea only hurts pilots against good dumbfire users. For any actual lock-on, all it means is pilots with good minimap awareness become even more invulnerable.