Why I think PS2 failed...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsinek, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Arsinek

Weird because I listed points for multiple games in my original post.

Heres the point of COD team death match... "The objective of is to kill as many people as possible on the opposing team. The teams are broken up into Allies, and Axis. Each kill is worth 1 point. Depending on the settings of the game, a match usually ends with the first team to reach 100 points is the winner. If the point limit isn't reached after a certain amount of time, the team with the most points when the time runs out wins."

Heres the point of Super Mario Bros "Go through all the levels, kill Bowser, save the Princess"

Heres the point of PS2? "Grind XP"

Heres the point of football "Have the most points at the end of the allotted time period"

PS2 has no point, unless you consider an endless XP grind a point.

They dont even need to have bases. There is no reason to control territory. What happens when you take over a whole continent? You get XP, lol. So you get the same reward for taking a continent as you do healing someone or getting 1 kill, XP. Thats all this game is is an endless XP grinder. Why take a continent when I can just sit back and farm kills? Taking continents doesnt do anything, taking bases doesnt do anything.

What does taking bases do? It allows you to spawn vehicles. For what? To take more bases so you can spawn more vehicles? Now, thats how it was when I played it. I think they added in some things since I stopped playing that give you.... you guessed it! XP!!!
  2. Shadowomega

If your playing PS2 as an XP grinder your playing it wrong.

This game was ment to be played for the combat, the fun, the challange, and setting your own end goal.
  3. UberBonisseur

Nah, they just forgot to implement one.

The goal of PS1 was to lock the two other factions (or at least one) in their sanctuary. Plain and simple.
  4. IamDH

If this was the community i was working for i wouldnt be much of a fan either..
  5. daniel696

It did not fail, it's failing.