Steam Planetside 2 Launcher Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PoRk1nZ, Apr 2, 2014.

1. PoRk1nZ

Tried to get on Planeside 2 via Steam like I normally do and I'm experiencing issues. At first my launcher would load and then quickly disappear. Now it loads the launcher but when I hit play it closes and doesn't start up the game. Anyone having the same issue or know of a fix. Already sent in a ticket.
  2. Spoprockel

I'm now having this issue too. Did you find a solution for the problem?
  3. Zynder

Hello SOE,

I purchased items in Planetside 2 mostly to support the game and its evolution.
    However, I am disappointed in the way things are approached here.

You make an advertisment for a membership rather than giving the pro7 acc people the too long awaited player studio items, which most are more interested in i am sure. So if you need money make all your items available to all accounts.
    You make an advertisment for a membership in a time period shortly after the weekly patches desaster and while people are constantly crashing there games. I expect a product to work when i buy it you know. But I also know that this game is a special case for developers at SOE and kind of an experiment, but still this could have been done better with more patience and therefore more quality.

Unfortunaltly I have to say that i had more fun in this game a few months back, than I have now. Mostly because I dont see any trend in the amount of bugs that I come across playing. It remains a beta like experience for me.

One of the most disappointing feature that is broken and does not seem to be look at at all is the ingame voice function.
    A few patches ago everything was fine, ingame random platoons were working fine because of a leader telling the people where to go and what to do. Now, no comunication is possible for a vast amount of players. I have spoken to many other players and a few dont have an issue, but there is a large group of people with technical isssues.
  4. bnantje

Same here. Anyone knows the solution?
  5. Money

exact same problem here. launcher opens, click play, goes to the "game is starting, please wait" screen. screen closes and launcher crashes. no error report. i have deleted the exe files and revalidated. nada............. first free weekend i have had in 2 months to gorge myself in the gaming goodness and SOE breaks the game.
  6. BrutalDLX

Same problem here, was able to play a couple of days ago, when launching today it downloaded 3 .exe files and now wont boot the game up.

I'm a paying customer, please fix asap.
  7. BrutalDLX

Fixed it by closing down steam and re-opening by right clicking steam icon and run as admin, then selecting Planetside 2 from the games list.

I see that *64bit is back on and my frame stuttering has returned with smoothing off.... even though I have 90+fps. /sigh
  8. Afeltman

OMG, you saved me! Thanks so much

[IMG]
  9. PoRk1nZ

I got my solution by validating my files on the launcher, click the little wrench Icon and go to validate. It worked for me some problems may be different.