What's it like on Connery?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Negator

surprised?
  2. TheShrapnelKing

Addendum:

Played more...yeah, everyone's right. The VS are the shiz.

God, the NC cannot protect their sunderers for ****.
  3. Ronin Oni

We don't even talk all that much... just an occasional call out in /orders, usually during alerts

Often we just notice the fight on the map and go in to reinforce (and I assume the others do the same) and it happens to almost always be one of the other 2 big outfit's is there... or they show up while we're holding out.
  4. hawken is better

All three factions are equally trashy with a few exceptions.
  5. LibertyRevolution

NC on Connery are walking free certs... you should have rolled a VS.
    You still should.. you don't even need to buy anything, the orion is amazing and you get free black camo.

Negator is also crazy when he says mattherson is hard mode...
    I find it a far easier server playing as both VS and TR on mattherson than any of my 3 waterson characters.
    You can see LowLevelNoob's stats below as a comparison of waterson to mattherson.. BR60 in 7days is easymode.
    My TR on mattherson is BR43 in 3 days, with a 355SPM.. so even playing the underpop mattherson TR is easymode.

Wish PSU would let me claim my 6 characters instead of having a limit of 4...
  6. TheShrapnelKing

Funny you should mention going VS - my game crashed and glitched out, now my stats don't work. In the in-game scoreboard it tells me I'm getting points and killing people, but I'm not being credited with XP or kills! I can't rank up, I can't get medals for guns, I can't get ribbons or anything. GODDAMN YOU SOE.

And since the Connery NC are negligent to the point of criminality....I feel no need to try to help them. I feel like I'm fighting for me, not for a team, cuz my team (mostly) sucks. So I'm gonna roll a VS and delete this new character.

Maybe I'll make another NC on Mattherson or something...the VS win that server too but at least there they actually TRY.
  7. EliteEskimo

HAHAHA..... MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I'll be waiting to hear your impressions of Mattherson. Word of recommendation when going up against Mattherson VS, prepare for trash talk on yell chat of the likes you've never seen before.

Oh and I'd play during prime time, and especially during the weekend on Mattherson to get the true Mattherson experience. What makes Mattherson like no other server is our high density of skilled and coordinated outfits. You won't get away with much, and high situational awareness is key regardless of playstyle. From our past conversations though, I know you are already aware of this. I'll be waiting ;)
  8. icegnome

Statistics and organization be damned. "The grass is always greener on the other side", and I've played all three on Conney. There are only a few generalizations to be made.

1. The TR do not win alerts. Poor outfit organization and 4th factioners make TR losses consistent.
    2. The VS overpop in the late hours. The surplus of players foreign to the U.S. gives the VS a huge boon in population, and most days are spent undoing the VS's domination from the night zerg.
    3. The NC have poor person-to-person coordination. I'm not talking about outfits and such here, they have some great ones; every faction does. But in my experience, teamwork seems to be lacking among NC randoms.
    4. Generally, but not always, NC and VS concentrate most of their efforts to picking at TR territory. I do have a bias here as a TR main, but I've seen NC and TR team up on VS, and VS and TR team up on NC...VS and NC against TR is just what I see most often.
    5. People don't play on Esamir. I'm not quite sure why, but even alerts don't seem to be enough incentive to get very many good fights going on Esamir.

Connery is a nice server to play on. Having played on the other servers, there seems to be quite a few more experienced players on Connery, and the server pop is always high enough for a few good battles. I assume all servers have terrible noobs, zergfits, and haters; Connery is no exception. That's all.
  9. TheShrapnelKing

Yeah I know....unfortunately the Mattherson NC are the only NC on the continent that are competent any longer.
  10. EliteEskimo

By continent do you mean the entire game? Oh and outfits I would recommend you hanging with on Mattherson NC that have a fairly high reputation at the moment are TENC and VCO, but that's not to say the other Mattherson NC outfits are bad.
  11. Akeita

Cool, 2 more days til' weekend, send me a msg when it's prime time if you have any additional slot for me, wanna know how high skilled and epic Mattherson actually is, so I'm going to ask for a gunner seat for your prowler. Because most of forumside's wise words said that Mattherson is a ghost town :<
  12. Brahma2

I do love me some big fights.
  13. EliteEskimo

Today is Friday and is the height of Mattherson outfit activity so I would be on then . Be on around 7 P.M Central Time, and send me a friend invite. I hope you like like highly certed Halberds :D Mattherson is a shell of its former self to be sure, but towards and during prime time it's pretty fun. On the weekends and on Fridays in particular one can still get the full epic Mattherson experience that in my opinion no other server can copy. Mistakes are heavily penalized, situational awareness is a necessity, and C4/AV weapons are extremely plentiful.
  14. Malebranche

TR is pretty good on Connery, they are the best organized. I play during late nights so while VS gets a good pop advantage they are very unorganized and get zerged by TR armor and air because nobody bothers to pull out magriders- every Vanu I see either goes infantry or harasser. NC quality varies- sometimes they are really good and sometimes really bad.
  15. sestun

The only thing bad about playing the under-populated faction is NO RESOUCES.
  16. Leftconsin

Late night VS overpop goes up high. Very high.
    TR is almost always underpop. I've seen nights where we're in the teens. TR hit over 40% for the first time since October this week. Seriously. We had not hit 40% since October.
    NC have a few competitive and high response time outfits if that is your game.
  17. iller

Wish our Vanu were more lively like that. ...it's like talking to canadien-minnasotans on vicodin

PS: BrahMad does infact make me mad. I think I've only killed him once.
  18. Leftconsin

My TR and NC are on Connery, but my VS in on Waterson. I steamroll people on Waterson, but not on Connery. Either its the server, or the VS are completely imbalanced.

I'm leaning toward Connery being the harder server.
  19. iller

The guy who said that.... was playing NC and as we know, that's the "so overpopped it's criminal" faction .... on Waterson :rolleyes::rolleyes: ... So it stands to reason that he's on the Broad end of the spectrum where "Natural Selection" doesn't exist, and the people he's playing against had to get good enough to take on 3-1 odds, or just not play at all...

It's kinda hard to explain, but it's actually a LOT EASIER to die to really stupid / neglectful things when you're surrounded by "Friendlies" who are actually completely incompetent. ....My all time favorite example is having 3 NC guarding the open fencing to the east, 3 @ the opening to the west, and 2 behind with Betties out ... while fighting TR in a 55/44/1% hex breakdown.... and what happens while in tunnel vision?? That's right, the 1 single totally random Vanu guy who's nearest contestable hex is 3000m away, strolls right past all those TR, all those NC, without firing a single shot, and somehow ends up killing ME. ...the kicker is when he's not even an Infiltrator
  20. CEGrif

pub's decided the best place to stay during the Indar alert was Indar ex which royal ****** over the TR