Spawning take ages, stuck at 97%

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sindz, Apr 17, 2014.

1. sindz

Yeh, ever since patch this problem has occurred almost everytime you spawn at any place. It takes ages to get beyond 97%, and its not just me as when i engage people spawning at sunderer they are immortal mode for ages - aka also stuck at 97%.
    • Up x 3
  2. Despia

I agree, the spawn time drastically increased after last update... feels like 3 times longer spawn time...
  3. Scett

im having the same "issue" if it can be called that.

its cool that the game wants to make sure it loads everything properly, but having a death/respawn penalty and this ridiculous load time completely breaks the flow of the game.

i don't mind lowering my settings a little if that can fix it, but i do hope this wont be a permanent issue.
    • Up x 1
  4. Despia

Yea, spawning takes now from 7 to 22 secs, before update 2 - 3 secs
  5. TheChris

I have Same issue but i think they are working to fix that. :)
  6. cawsking555

the game is loading 2 trying to load 2 times and is being confused by having 2 paths of the same file
  7. Tar

I never minded before that a few details are yet-to-be loaded when I appeared in the world.

I do mind now that I need to constantly wait.
  8. Forkyar24

SOE said that was by Design so that "stuff can load properly"
  9. CassCE

They did a poor job of it then... Instead of spawning in 2-3 seconds and everything finishing loading in 2-3 more, now it's stuck waiting to spawn for 20 seconds.

I'm not sure how they managed to make it take longer while on a loading screen, since the system load should be lower there. I suppose it's possible everything wasn't loaded in the 5 or 6 seconds, but it definitely looked that way.
  10. sindz

Then they need to redo this, cause its completely ******** you even have a % bar, if it simply stops completely at 97 for 20sec.
  11. Forkyar24

I agree 100%
  12. volth

Take about 30 sec for me to spawn at warpgate and 20-25s to spawn normal. Before patch it was 3-7sec. And the game have crashed 4 times in one hour. Great patch SOE:mad:
  13. Crosi

Well they better think about changing the spawn timers then. Whats the point in having a 10 second respawn timer if it takes a further 10-20 seconds to actually spawn?

This is on a rig with SSD RAID, so its idiocy to say that the extra time is due to loading assets. Specially since i mostly respawn exactly where i was so you would expect the assets to be already loaded, right?

Gone from nearly instantaneous load times to the same as everyone else seems to be getting. This is clearly a software issue. Thankfully i have no issues with the framerate, just the same imput lag weve all been getting over the last weeks. What was this 64 bit client meant to fix? Imagine if they spent the time on making the game better rather than much worse?

Oh well.
  14. Saval

Yeah, I've been getting a lot of 20-30 second loading times, and I'm playing on a super computer so....
  15. MajiinBuu

People who deploy via drop pods will actually float up there for that whole period. Get a galaxy and the top gunner can farm. It's cheesy, but what're you gonna do? Not kill them?
  16. Mayunia

The game stuck loading Indar map at %93, I wait 15 minutes and nothing happend
  17. sindz

Yes, noticed that aswell. And unlike the immortal god mode people enter while spawning at a sunderer, you can die in a droppod whilst not in the game.
  18. sleepayy

This is really frustrating when you need to spawn every 5 minutes in these big battles. I just spawned at a sunderer and it drove off 20 meters before i appeared. I guess i was in the god mode you were talking about. Actually i only noticed that since the update, because people who spawned immediately became vulnerable previously.. now they just stand there whilst you run out of bullets shooting them and they opportunistically become vulnerable when you're reloading :|
  19. strateUPjanky

i was having the same problem but it seems to be fine now
  20. FrostWatch

Increased loading time plus frequent crashing for me. So far this latest update has made the game a much worse play.