Very large FPS drop after small patch (sometime on 4-17-14)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Teneth, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Teneth

I have a pretty good computer and usually run 60FPS no problem on medium settings. I played last night (4-16-14) and was having no problems. I opened the launcher today (4-17-14) and the game did a small update. Once I logged into the game my FPS was very low (approx. 20FPS just standing in the warpgate). I don't know if this has something to do with the 64 bit client. It appears planetside is using the 64 bit client by default. I tricked it into using the 32 bit client but I still had the same problem. Anybody have any possible solutions?

My computer specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 780M

Thanks,
    -Teneth
  2. strateUPjanky

same thing happended to me when i first started playing. i restarted game and it was fine, its been crashing tho
  3. Re1aX

I have the same problem with almost the same set up as you. I am paying money to play this game, please stop implementing garbage updates that make the game unplayable for me SOE. Every update there is something game breaking, please higher a quality control team or something before you push out these half-***** updates....
  4. Octiceps

First order of business would be to make the game stop using your integrated GPU...
  5. Teneth

Ya check my post on the fix I used. "Fix that might solve some problems (solved my low FPS)"

-Teneth
  6. sharpshark

I FIGURED IT OUT! All AMD user do this:Right click on desktop->click Configure Switchable Graphics->Add aplication->Go to The planetside directory folder and click on planetside2 64.exe and Set it to high performance!->and click apply!