April 17 update error(DEVS PLEASE READ)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ShotgunGuru, Apr 17, 2014.

1. ShotgunGuru

2. Spunion

Just wanted to say that I am having the same issue.

The game was running perfectly for me earlier today. I went out to run some errands and I came home to a client breaking patch.

I'm going to try to submit a ticket now.
  3. ChampagneDragon

I was playing, had a crash. Had to download the patch. Now get this error. This is the SAME error that I got last time they tried to push 64 bit.

My direct x is up to date.

I am running Win 7, Home Premium.

There are no other programs on my computer that would interfere with the game. This is pretty much ONLY a gaming computer, and since I completely dusted and cleaned it last week it's only got PS2 on it.

I do not run Steam (some have suggested that might be the issue)
    • Up x 1
  4. Elkybam

Never invested a dime into this game and for a good reason. Not regretting the decision considering the state we are in right now.
  5. Furrydaus

Delete the config file and delete planetside 2 itself and open the launchpad and redownload the game. It helps me quite a lot whenever i get those codes. But sometimes, its due to hardware you have. If its under minimum specs on the planetside 2 page, then I suggest you get a better pc or send in a help ticket to SOE
  6. ToshMi

thanx...
  7. ToshMi

update at night when we are all playing and eff things up again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scataloni

Im getting the same error messege as everyone else, the game has run pretty flawless on this machine since its release and this is the first time that I have come home from work and not be able to play at all.

I'll try again tomorrow.
  9. MattyZ19

Why not push the updates at 3AM or during the lowest time of play???
  10. RUKiddnme

having the same issue.....
  11. strateUPjanky

ever since the patch i keep crashing. when i go to task manager it says planetside 2 x64...i thought the 64 bit version was delayed? am i playing the 64 bit version on accident which is why im crashing?
  12. Kurdain

1. I don't want to have to reinstall the game every few patches. It was working great last night, and now it is not. Nothings changed on my end but SOE patch. Besides I get tired of resetting key bindings, voice volumes, sound and graphics settings, and so forth over and over. I also get tired of trying to back up config files, because sometimes when you do that the patcher overwrites it anyways.

2. It is NOT due to the hardware I have. Again it was running fine last night, now this.

3. It would be difficult to get a better PC than I have now without spending 4 or 5 thousand dollars. And AGAIN, it was fine last night, the only thing that has changed is PS2.

No offense to anyone but this stuff INFURIATES me. I build computers, I work in the IT, PC and Tech industry. I troubleshoot complex systems for a living.

I play games to have fun, not to do work at home.

Personally I have had issues with this game across several computers with vastly different hardware. The only thing common to them all is WIN 7 64 Ultimate. I seriously doubt 3 copies of windows 7 are all bad.

Hopefully fixed tomorrow.
    • Up x 2
  13. ZipSnipe

Same issue, was playing fine and I went to restart the game after making a graphics setting and wala this error comes up
  14. RUKiddnme

I deleted the folder and reinstalled and I'm still having the same issue. I then loaded the test environment and the same thing happens there.
  15. Halsey

guys, I posted a workaround on page 1 of this thread. It might be worth reading through.
  16. RUKiddnme

Thanks for the workaround. I hope I don't need this tomorrow!
  17. JorgeSarcos

SOE should fire whoever pushed this update at this random time, this is stupid...
  18. narton99

Yes, thanks Halsey. Your workaround worked for me too :)
  19. ThisSideOfThePlanet

I am pretty sure you meant 0xc000007b (you omitted "c" after the "x").
    In any case, for me as well, the game no longer launches after the April 17th update.
  20. Librux

OMG SOE PLEASE GET RID OF 64 bit