Just launched in x64 bit...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Flamberge, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Flamberge

April 17, 2014, 7:54 Central Standard Time (US)

Just opened my launcher, hit play, went to initial loading screen (before character selection) and the loading stopped at 9%. Curious as to why this was and if the program was not responding, I went to Task Manager, and saw that...

Planetside 2 was running on the x64 bit executable! I was playing just an hour earlier, and it was the x86 bit version. However, the x64 bit did not work, and stayed at the 9% indefinitely. Thoughts as to why the x64 bit launched instead of the regular x86?

EDIT: Just closed out game, tried again, launcher once again launched the x64 bit version, which again was stuck on 9%.

EDIT 2: Restarted computer, still happening.

EDIT 3: Re-validated game assets, still happening.
  2. Flamberge

Updated OP with 2 new edits. I can now no longer play PS2.
  3. cruczi

That's weird, mine is definitely x86 Scratch that. Updated game files just now, and getting the exact same error.
  4. namd3

Rebuild your game client , 64bit client is working fine for me, only getting some redraw bug on the map screen which is just about acceptable

play this game on a laptop... really? do your self a huge favour and play on a desktop with discrete GFX
  5. Flamberge

So how exactly would I rebuild it? It was working fine on x86 an hour ago.

And btw not all of us can dish out $500 for a nice desktop, and for the record, I can get a very stable 20 FPS, which is playable for me.
  6. Flamberge

Update:
    Was able to launch game by swapping Planetside2_x86 and Planetside2_x64.However, when closed the game, and later opened it again, the launcher had to do a good size patch to "fix" the changed executables. Wish I didn't have to go through the update every time I want to play...
  7. strateUPjanky

i had the problem at first also but it ended up being my antivirus/firewall that was blocking somthing important and i just had to allow the 64 bit version internet access. i can play but it crashes every hour or so. kinda annoying but i can push thru cuz the world continues on while i have to restart the game.