[Suggestion] Command Sunderer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Minngarm, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Minngarm

Or something new or similar. basically have a sunderer speed/control type ground vehicle that includes 1 driver 1 gunner (standard auxillary weapon options for faction vehicle) and 1 enclosed command slot. This would provide a say 200m force detection radar that would indicate for the occupant of the command slot where on the map (general direction not exact location) enemy forces are, the size of the indicator would pulsate larger for larger number of signatures.

Also it would gain a fraction of vehicle assist points for all actions done by the platoon.

Basically the concept is that you have a PL in the command vehicle, they gain a small amount of xp for every action taken by the platoon members which would amount to a larget xp gain over all, the indicator provides some tactical advantage to it in deciding where squads and the entire platoon would go. The driver and weapon are obviously because a good PL can not drive and coordinate at the same time.
    • Up x 20
  2. TheStonehawk

That sounds...brilliant. I love the idea.
    • Up x 1
  3. Minngarm

Such vehicles exist since the dawn of organized warfare. and figured the map and xp options would make it balanced enough and vital enough to use.
    • Up x 1
  4. MCSquard

Question, for your (Lets call it a CS for know) does the Commander only get big blobs, or could say a allied unit who spotted some one ( or vehicle ) have there target show up clear on this tactical map, or maybe a module like a pair of high tech binoculars that does what i just mentioned but for everything in its field of view, and possibles also show all allied forces including there class types to know who is where and when?
  5. Riddlley

Better yet... Its an objective... A target. Its the head of the snake. Perhaps a liberator module would do this too, as a similar sort of thing. Main difference is that it would disable the belly gun.
  6. Minngarm

I was thinking similar to the hit detection indicator but on the map to give a general idea of where the satelites are picking up enemy movement, so it would not obscure the normal map features and options but also provide that extra nudge. now set a min requirement of say 10+ players within a 75m range so that single units would not trigger it and special ops fire teams could still operate with some degree of stealth.
  7. Biddion

Make taking out that command vehicle worth double the xp of a regular sunderer and it should be fun. Also, commander vehicle should know the general direction of enemy command vehicles in the area so as to direct troops there. Give commanders a special marker that makes a cone on the map representing the general location of enemy commanders.
    • Up x 3
  8. Minngarm

Great additions. This would create a entirely new dynamic to gameplay that is still completely optional and not game breaking. But what are the flaws to the suggestion? Need to hammer out the problems if any while we can.
  9. Vindicore

Here is my take:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 17
  10. Minngarm

Love the drone option, that could be a deployable from the sunderer with no weapons just the ability to spot manually and a limited range of say 100-200m and easily destroyable. Not a fan of it showing all enemy vehicles because that digs into the infiltrator tool set and makes it a bit OP really. But the drone is a great suggestion!
    • Up x 6
  11. RubiksCubix

Dang this is amazing-- you definitely win my support. It is a unique way to add a sort of "commander mode" to PS2 in a way which fits the current combined arms game-play.
    • Up x 2
  12. BobSanders123

29th century and we still don't have drones.
    • Up x 5
  13. Minngarm

Now to get the devs to read the damn suggestion.
    • Up x 1
  14. LordDethir

Awesome idea. Just luvin' the Drones/Orbital strike function. If only INFils could call in orbital strikes :p

But awesome idea, keep it up!
  15. Stormsinger

I approve of this. Pretty much all of this. Reading the entire thing is not necessary to appreciate the level of awesomeness this would add. Platoon leaders are rare enough as they are, lets give the good ones the incentive to keep leading :p
    • Up x 1
  16. TheStonehawk

This will enhance teamplay a great deal. I love it. Free bump from me!
    • Up x 1
  17. Minngarm

Bumpizzle mah nizzles
  18. Minngarm

bump damn you all bump!
  19. Minngarm

bump all day, every day! Say it with yo chest!
  20. Trojan

But they certainly do try! :p

The idea is very cool, but not sure how much it adds to the gameplay. Couldn't most of this already be done with the normal map and a few infiltrators that do proper recon work? I really like the drones though, but if a PL can't drive a Sunderer, I am not sure if he could pilot a drone either.

Not sure if I like orbital strikes, lessens the needs for Liberators to do ground support. Supply drops you already get from the engineers and medics, although I suppose it would be cool if you could have the option to switch out an engineer for a supply drop if you wanted to change tactics.