C75 Viper nerf sucks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gritmo, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Gritmo

After fully certing it out and getting good with it, they nerf it and make it useless. The whole point to the C75 was you can get kills if you have lousy aim... now, you have to hit the target nearly dead on to do any damage.

Why bother getting good at this game if they're just gunna nerf some trick you've perfected?

Time to try battlefield 4.. once you figure out some trick that works for you in planetside 2, you can bet they'll nerf it.

[EDIT: Note, splash doesn't work in VR... that threw me for a loop. Sony, you should have splash work in VR.. It's confusing when it doesn't.]
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

The C75 always had lousy splash, but it was a great infantry farmer because it OHK on direct hit.
    • Up x 2
  3. DashRendar

From testing, the new Viper takes 2 direct hits to kill a non-Flak player, and the same 2 hits to kill a Flak 5 player. Congrats, Flak still doesn't have a role, but we've made it easier to not run Flak armor, so choose Nanoweave and prosper, the devs have your back.
    • Up x 2
  4. AdrianM

You realize that the lightning has a HE round meant specifically for infantry?

Maybe if you want to have a OHK on infantry you should get the HE,

The Viper is a Jack-Of-All-Trades and should not have OHK infantry in the first place.
    • Up x 13
  5. minhalexus

Viper is more in-line now.

Before it rewarded spamming.
    Now it rewards aiming.

Pre-nerf, i see and enemy, shoot 6 rounds have 70% chances of getting a kill even when i wasnt even trying to aim.
  6. Gritmo

It's the splash that's issing me poff...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but when I play it in the VR, the splash doesn't seem to work like it used to.

I'll have to try it in the field... I could care less about OHK, but the splash + 6 quick shots gave people with lousy aim like myself a meaningful chance to stop playing medic and engineer.
  7. OldMaster80

Splah damage is not active in vr.
    Btw vr is bad way to test weapons try em out in real conditions.
  8. khai

I disagree before you went for single shot single kill, so the best rewards went to those who aimed when added to the recoil and the fact that you seldom run into single troopers shooting all 6 at once was a oh **** reaction or a knife fight with another tank. Now you have to hit at least twice so you might as well just spam away with a minimum of aiming if one hits the splash from the rest will get him.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gritmo

Oh, splash doesn't work in VR... yeah, I know, grenades don't worth in there.

And khai.. people with better aim get many more kills than me, so don't worry.
  10. minhalexus

It needed to be nerfed whatsoever.
    You can use HE to oneshot infantry.
  11. AnnPerkins

lol, have you ever tried using viper against armor? It's awful. I do better with a skyguard or HE rounds.
  12. Ronin Oni

I think that's exactly why it was nerfed
  13. Ronin Oni

Wrong, Viper had more DPS potential than even HEAT.

You had to be close to unload such devastation, but me and my friend would lol pwn 2/2 MBT's with our 2 Vipers
  14. AnnPerkins

Seriously? I've face tanked tons of vipers with my HE rounds and won.
  15. khai

Don't feel like arguing that point since its happened, though I disagree. But I will stand by that removing it's one shot ability removed much of the incentive for accuracy that was in existence before. As to HE the nerfs to that means you more or less need to hit infantry directly with that as well. remember the sudden elevation in peoples minds of the viper did not come from a buff it was only when compared to the diminished HE that it was found to be good. Before the HE nerf most people considered the viper an inferior weapon that you replaced as soon as you got the certs.

I used to do pretty good except against Vanguards with a Magrider being the easiest. You need to get them in the rear and induce misses on their part. Get in close and don't stop moving most of them will stop to try to get better shots at you, if you can time your reloads right and try to avoid front shots and avoid getting hit in your own rear you have a chance of surviving, less if they have a top gunner. Anyway viper was better then HE at AV not sure about now.
  16. Aleã

Shouldn't all newbie weapons a "little OP" ?
  17. JesusVoxel

Try doing something else for a change than sitting in your farm machine 24/7 and you might find out that this "nerf" makes playing infantry more tolerable.
  18. SavageBacon

It's a baller stock weapon with few incentives to invest in HEAT or HE.... So clearly nerfing was the only way to push the driver into either sticking with the viper and relearning how to use it or invest in other rounds for infantry farming.
  19. Negator

Sorry, the facts dont support this. Viper>HE for armor. do the maffs
  20. Astriania

Viper was too good, there was no incentive to pull other types of lightning. It was buffed for no good reason last time around, it's absolutely right that that is reversed.