SLI performance got worse after April 16th patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghost_Leader, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Ghost_Leader

So,apparently the new patch returned the 64-bit client and when I tried it,I saw that my in-game performance got worse.I checked my MSI afterburner and to my amazement the game utilizes 97% of one of my GPUs and about 10% of the other,which causes some pretty fun stuttering. /sarcasm
    I have 2 750m in SLI(because I have a laptop) and am using Windows 8.1 64-bit.Is anyone else experiencing problems with SLI gpu utilization?

Laptop specs:
    CPU i7 4700MQ
    8 gigs of RAM
    2 750m in SLI
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
  2. sharpshark

yep I'm having the exact same problem
  3. sharpshark

Is there a way to put the game back to a 32 bit client?
  4. Ball5

I have the same problem. Massive stuttering caused by frame rate swings from 60 to 30 and back again (smoothing on). With smoothing off I get 30-80fps making the hitching/stuttering more pronounced.

win7 64bit 8Gb Ram
    2x AMD 6870's in SLI
  5. Denzerel

Have the same problem
  6. Ball5

Changing some graphics settings including textures (with restarts) did not fix my hitching.
  7. Octiceps

You need to add the new 64-bit exe to the PlanetSide 2 game profile in your graphics driver. This is done in Nvidia Inspector or RadeonPro.
  8. Ghost_Leader

Still doesn't help.GPU usage on the one card is 90-95%,while being 10% on the other.
  9. Astoral

For me the game froze for a few seconds (~20s) before crashing me to desktop :(
  10. Octiceps

Well then you're doing it wrong because it works for me and everyone else.
  11. DirArtillerySupport

I've changed nothing but my OSD from MSI Afterburner+HWiNFO64 has vanished. I know it's working because it shows up for every other game I run. This happened just recently...maybe yesterday or today?
  12. Octiceps

Does it work in your other 64-bit games?
  13. RedBullBear

I happened to have a driver update available. I updated my GEForce driver and added the game as a profile and things cleared up fine.
  14. Javelin6

Same issue. Adding it to game profile did not improve it.

64bit, SLI, NV Driver 335.23
  15. 6098

Having same problem with 64 bit client.
    one card working well, other card at 10%
    fps jumping from 70-130 creating stutters.
    Added planetside2_x64.exe to nvidia control panel list of games.
    no improvement.

While im lucky to be able to make do without sli, other people depend on it and without it they may not even be able to play.
    This is not acceptable.
    People talked about this problem the last time 64 bit client was released, they pulled it to fix major bugs and now re released the client with this problem still unsolved.

CPU i7 4770k
    GPU Nvidia 770gtx SLI
    OS win 8.1 pro
    Driver 335.23
  16. DirArtillerySupport

Never even considered BF4...sure enough it doesn't show up. So what's the trick?
  17. Octiceps

Update your MSI Afterburner and RTSS to latest beta for OSD support in 64-bit games.
  18. DirArtillerySupport

Hehe...you were typing and I was installing. Thanks! Working perfectly now.