Infiltrator tips?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by eliturbo, Apr 16, 2014.

1. eliturbo

are there any usefull tips for starting infiltrators? especially positioning is difficult for me.
  2. Alzir

Generally, rank up your recon darts, and hunter cloak to level 3 or 4 as quickly as you can (you can worry about other things later). The motion sensor is also really good to have at least unlocked, but it's expensive to rank up.

Also generally, remember that your cloak is audible to other players and they can locate you using just this sound. The cloak sounds are also faction specific and experienced players will know the difference between them.

After that, it depends on how you like to play. There's a massive difference between a sniper and a SMG infiltrator for example, and again if playing as a stalker. Is it sniping that you had in mind?
  3. eliturbo

tnx for some tips :). yes i had in mind to go sniping and i love bolt action.i am now in NC because the sniper is really good(and bolt action). maybe if i have played a lot of sniping, i would try smg infiltrator but that comes later...
  4. salembeats

Find small battles as you learn the land -- good positioning is more about knowing the terrain than it is about knowing the class. My flanking ability went down when the New Amerish came out, and all of the bases were changed, for example (in spite of being an experienced, high-BR player).
  5. eliturbo

okay, is there also a specific continent which is easier to start up?
  6. gd1w

Repost with changes of an earlier post I made:

You've got the bolt driver so you're okay.
  7. eliturbo

and what is better to start up: attacking or defending?
  8. RockPlanetSide2

Just Flank as a general rule, see some enemies just come up on their side and attack them. They will do something about it, but they can't just ignore all the shots pouring in on them from the front so you won't just meet full resistance.

Try to take out enemy snipers first (if you are sniping), and remember to move around a lot, yes you give up a sweet position, but you are not just going to be in the exact same location for the guy you just killed to counter snipe you.

As far as infiltrating goes (you sneaking around) you really need darts... yes, it is sad that they are the most expensive CERT hole in the game, but they really do help you live about 10x as long (if you look at the radar - which you absolutely have to get into the habit of).

I always found Amerish easy to play on because there are so many crags and rocks for you to just disappear on and run around, the other cont's have them as well, but not as much. Esimir's open-ness is kind of cool, but it's just as easy to get counter sniped there as it is to snipe yourself.

Attacking or Defending is not really the important factor, just avoid onesided farm battles, there are fewer targets for you if your team is winning and most of the time you will find yourself just shooting into a spawn room shield doing nothing, and on the flip side shooting out of a spawn room is fun for about a minute... keep it interesting for yourself or you will just burn out.
    • Up x 1
  9. eliturbo

i think esamir is the best choice because it has much moutains,i know the terain best and it doesnt have plants everywhere
  10. eliturbo

and another question, what mouse sensitivity is best, much lower then non scoped, the same, or higher
  11. eliturbo

and hunter cloak or stalker cloak?
  12. Shuuda

Try to learn the layouts of as many buildings as possible. Every structure has nooks and crannies which can be used as hiding spots, and knowing where they are can help you evade and ambush enemies, especially in tandem with Stalker Cloak.

Also, press "[" amd "]" to work the zoom on the minimap, and press "H" to enlarge it. This is important to know when using the rader tools.
  13. ewokinarmor

These are the rules I live (and die) by:

1. Always move from cover to cover. Whenever you are moving through a plain area (eg, the space between Indar Excavation and Quatrz Ridge), cloak or take a sniper bullet. Bushes are great cover regardless of current camoflauge, and save my life on an almost daily basis. NEVER silhouette yourself against a horizon line. Always cloak when you crest a hill. Also remember that the human eye detects movement very quickly. When you are in that aforementioned bush (or alcove in the amp station wall), keep completely stock still. Enemies will literally run through you.

2. As someone else said above: always flank. I think he explained it pretty well.

3. If you are sniping, take 2-3 shots and then leave. This keeps the enemy wondering where you are, and doesn't give them a good chance of taking you out. However, if you see one of your targets manages to look, shoot, or move directly at you before you fire the shot that ends his life, MOVE IMMEDIATELY. That person you just shot is going to remember your position and hunt you down if you stay, or even worse, fire recon darts into the area.

4. Be patient. If you stay in that bush I mentioned earlier and pay attention to their movements, your enemies practically kill themselves.

5. Most of all: Help your team!!! A lot of infiltrators get a bad rep for being relatively useless on the battlefield and firefights, but what you can achieve with stealth surpasses many of your teammates' abilities. Would giving away my position (silence your close range weapons, btw) whilst killing that light assault trooper be helpful to others? No. I should sneak past him , hack that turret, kill the occupant quickly, mine the entrance, and then proceed to annihilate every sunderer, tank, engineer, heavy assault troop, and infiltrator in that order before they can catch me, dealing irreversible damage to their war effort.

Well, that's my 2 certs.
    • Up x 1
  14. RockPlanetSide2

Stalker cloak forces a certain play style... you can use it if you want to play that way... Xbow or Pistol. It's up to you, it was kind of novel when it came out, but it gets boring after a while, as there really are too many ways to find a cloaked infiltrator in the game regardless if he is cloaked or not.

I really do think you just need to play though. Talking about the Infiltrator and actually doing things in game are quite different, you will see that some people can just see you at 50m running around full cloak because of their graphic settings... nothing you can do about it. Some times you are facing down 10 enemy snipers and you just get your head popped every other second. Some times you just get clientside lagged to death.

I do think that a balanced approach to CERT spending is ideal. Don't just save up 1000s, just increase all gradually (even terminal hacking - sometimes it just saves you as you can grab a flash quickly and get out of dodge or lets you do nasty things with Turrets).

It is very easy to also want to drop 300 certs into a weapon instead of saving it for your actual Infiltrator certs... don't fall into this trap... just pick a weapon and stick with it until you have a well rounded out Infiltrator, you don't need to be max level on everything, but everything 1 level behind max is a good place to be before you start going gun crazy.
  15. eliturbo

thx everybody. i have 1 question: what is flank(yes i know,i am a noob, just started playing shooter games)
  16. RockPlanetSide2

Flank just means as an infiltrator you would use stealth or cover (rocks or whatever) to position yourself to the side (or there about) of any enemy force and then shoot at them. This puts you out of direct fire (they are shooting at your team, or they are running to some other location and you are not directly in their path).

It helps because the enemy has to focus on you instead of the task at hand, and more often than not they won't or you will meet minimal resistance while you keep firing into your enemies. This also gives you more places to run away and lets you keep a better eye on what is going on. It takes time to do this, but more often than not it gives results. Sometimes you just want to shoot people, I can understand that, but more often than not "the right way" is to flank.
  17. Stinneyt

Flank : If the enemy is engaged in a battle north to south, you want to position yourself to the north east or north west.
    So you are to the side and slightly behind the front line. Use your cloak and cover to reach these locations, but dont overuse the cloak when in them.

The cloak sound is very loud and can alert enemies to your presence before you've even take a shot.
  18. CuteBeaver

Embrace your failures. They will teach you more then anything we can type. Don't ignore it when you die allot during an activity, this is a time to reflect on your mistakes. Never assume your enemies are stupid either. Chances are you contributed in some way to your own death. I was in your position roughly a year ago. I came here asking for help having never played an FPS before. Trust me It gets easier as time goes, and you will become very good at this class if you don't give up.

[IMG]

If I could impart any advice: There is always someone who is better at something then you. So never try and be the best, but always try and improve on your own play. Don't try and be an elusive1, find what works best for you. Embrace your own way of playing and get creative. Be inspired by others and have fun. If you enjoy doing something your going to get better at it. Don't put your head into the sand and ignore others feedback either. Anytime someone tries to share something, even if you disagree with it fundamentally, the information allows for more personal growth. Many times these people have very valid points and might help you find solutions in overcoming challenges later on which face your own play-style by making you more aware of other methods to counter new obstacles.

As far as sensitivity goes, everyone is different please watch this video. It goes into how to set yourself up for success. The sooner you start building good muscle memory the better off you will be.

• Up x 1
  19. MajiinBuu

If you hear anybody spot an infiltrator, cloak and relocate.
    • Up x 1
  20. Wobberjockey

invest in silencers for your weapons.

as helicopter infiltrator (as in you hover on the edges of the battle firing into it) you are not going to be among friendlies firing big loud guns, making sound discipline huge.

that means that every shot you take gives your position away.

many times i've killed infiltrators attempting to flank because they fired off an unsurpassed sniper rifle round, and popped them up on the map...
    it's really easy then to switch to my pistol and make them pay for that mistake