Fix the damage the Shredder does to MAX units

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Facta, Apr 15, 2014.

1. GaBeRock

I just said that! I literally just said that.
  2. TheFamilyGhost

Actually, that argument means everything.

Don't be bad, and you won't have to beg the devs to make you unbad. Realize that the reason you die to something is not because it is OP, but is because either you made a mistake, or the other guy flat out beat you.
  3. Takoita

The only problem with the Shredder is that I can't mount it on my Skyguard.

On a more serious note, AA needs to be much more lethal than it currently is. But it doesn't mean Shredder needs to be nerfed into the ground.
  4. Titan6

I don't think I've ever been killed with the Shredder. It's not usually used against infantry as far as I can tell.
  5. ShumaKun

Bro you propably don't have any experience in lib. You must have good crew and well certed lib do some decent flying in libs now. Every one wants to kill you while you are in lib, tanks, sunderers, infantry, maxes, ESFs, other libs and you have to deal with all of them at once. With burster MAX you can just stay safe near spawn room and shoot to anything that fly + you can be resurrected infinite times. When there will be some penalty to ressurect MAXes then sure it could get some major boost, but as it is now MAXes are just silly strong
  6. FABIIK

I call BS.

Stock Liberator takes 100 Basilisk shells to start smoking!
    That's 2 full clips!

So please don't say Lib crews have it tough...
  7. whiteshadow2000

I'm finding it hilarious that so many full time farmers (sorry skillfull lib pilots) are defending the strength of the shredder vs a max with maxed out armor.

The shredder rips through them in no time at all. In fact the shredder rips through everything in no time at all, max top armor skyguards included. It's not hard to use either, as some liars are claiming.

The idiots defending it are as selfish as the idiots who claimed Strikers, Harassers, ZOE weren't over powered.

It's all about self interest, over game balance. Unfortunately that's a pretty common theme amongst full time pilots.
  8. Squeeck

Does the OP want the shredder to be as effective against MAXs as the dalton? Because that would be pretty dreadful.
    The only fast way to get rid of burster MAXs in a lib if the shredder is nerfed against it, is by using the tankbuster.

Though the argument: 'It is a 30mm gun that shoots explosive rounds and should be 'shredding' things' is obviously stupid as well.
    You could then also say that for the Decimator to decimate tanks in 1 hit.

EDIT

And yes, I do think the shredder should be toned down a bit. It is too easy to use and too effective compared to the dalton/zephyr and duster(lol). The dalton and zephyr got nerfed because of being too all round; well that goes for the shredder as well now in my opinion.
  9. ShumaKun

If you think one default sunderer with only 2 people on board should kill lib, then I don't know how weak it should be for you to accept that libs are in this game
  10. whiteshadow2000

How often do 2 manned sunderer's take out libs?

They don't, unless the pilot has no idea what he's doing.

I've got maxed composite, fire suppression, dalton, shredder, walker, afterburner, auto reprair, etc on my lib.

Lib's aren't weak. Air is the only real threat to a good lib crew. You're chatting rubbish.
  11. Archiadus

I am a below average pilot, mainly because I hardly feel the need to fly, but when I do I hardly ever die to any of the above before I'm able to spawn a new Liberator so for as far as the ''good crew'' goes that's just a wrong argument.

In the rare occasions that I fly a Liberator and things go bad against ground targets I always manage to get away in time by hiding behind one of the countless mountain / rock formations in the game, there is always something to hide behind so while you say that it's easy for a MAX unit to stand near the spawn and get revived infinite times, I say that in my Liberator I kill the MAX, some infantry and possibly a newly spawned vehicle each time I get back from repairing.

Now I'm not asking for anything to get nerfed because that usually ends up in weapons becoming useless, what I would like to see however is some buffs to the Shredder resistance that a MAX with max. Kinetic Armor gets because as it is now I'm able to mow down a max before it even has a chance to dump half of a Burster mag. in a Liberator
  12. ShumaKun

Lol bro you readed my post all in the opposite way

Damage done to infantry (including MAXes) by shredder was nerfed not long ago, dalton was nerfed even more in lib update. I play this game since release and I hardly see any threads about nerfing shredder. Meanwhile there was countless threads ranting about MAXes. MAXes are way to strong to get any survivability buffs and buffing kinetic armor is not so simple, because shredder do direct damage + splash damage so this devs would need to make new damage types, new resist types just because someone cry in MAX that got killed.
  13. whiteshadow2000

Sorry I think you're right Shumakun, I apologize but I do still think the shredder takes down too many targets too quickly.

I'm not against it taking down certain targets that quick but it does it to pretty much everything including max's that are certed to be a detterant to it. It just needs a little toning down vs max's.
  14. Forlorn Hope

Shredder already received a significant nerf 3 or so patches ago when they reduced the damage the shredder does per bullet because of the "nanoweave nerf" it took the Shredder from a 4-5 hit kill to a 7-8 hit kill against regular infantry and extended the TTK against MAX's significantly. It is fine, don't stand still and let the Lib hover 50 meters over you.
    • Up x 1
  15. MongooseTwoFive

Well, the sunderer also has two guns. So a stock sunderer getting a liberator smoking in one magazine is pretty damn good for a transport vehicle. The lib would be dead before they could empty the second magazine.

And this is assuming that the sunderer is the only thing shooting at the liberator. It's also likely to be taking fire from any heavies in the base, a burster max, skyguard, turret in the next base over, etc... So to get it smoking in one clip is actually pretty damn good.

I feel like this would be much more detrimental than helpful against liberators. Having a weapon like the walker requires sustained fire on the lib, which means keeping you exposed to the liberator, as well as identifying to him exactly where you are. You'd be dead before you could get 10 rounds off.

Even worse for an engineer turret because then you're completely stationary and even more conspicuous. Also bear in mind that most likely it would be a scaled down version of the walker, so you'd need at least a couple heavies with sustained fire in order to be a significant threat.

Rocket launchers are much more useful against liberators because you can pop out, fire a shot, and then duck for cover again. If he's hovering you've got a pretty good chance of hitting him. There's lock-ons as well if he's moving around too much.