Where the hell is the straight pull bolt?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdamRah, Apr 15, 2014.

1. AdamRah

6 months? really soe, really?
  2. z1967

Its April. The fourth month of the year. Infiltrator revamp was in March IIRC. It is not super ultra necessary and they are probably gonna put it with the April balance patch.
  3. AdamRah

nah they were on PTS prior to that :) and thank you, do you know when the patch is?
  4. AdamRah

and yeah i know, it's just personal preference i think it will help with two shot kills that's all
  5. Tommyp2006

They're "still testing" an addition that worked perfectly when it was first implemented on the test server.
  6. FateJH

The gap between something working and something being deliverable is broad.
    What was the trade-off of the straight pull attachment?
    • Up x 2
  7. Deus Draco

Being tunnel-visioned and easy prey to flankers.
    • Up x 6
  8. David Lancaster

I'll tell you, on the PTS... unchanged since it was first put there months ago. Lazy SOE...
  9. z1967

The fire rate when using a T3 sniper rifle is only slightly slower than the CQC BASR. CQC nearly fires as fast as the semi auto rifle with the SPB. The problem is that they need to adjust the reload speeds to match the scoping, firing, rechambering, and then rescoping speeds without it so that you get only the benefit of being able to track your target. Seems simple enough but I guess there is a problem with it atm :|
  10. Regpuppy

There really wasn't one. You either didn't have it and had to get out of ADS to reload or you had it and were allowed to reload while ADS. The only inconvenience, last I tested, was that the scope would bounce a bit while reloading. But it was still more convenient than coming out of scope entirely.
    • Up x 3
  11. ashen

I don't really get the point of one in PS2. In BF3/4 you tend to snipe from a prone position and rely on nobody seeing you or being out of range to return fire (since you have no cloak, and there are fewer opponents), so having a SPB lets you gauge drop etc. more effectively.

In PS2, given the amount of stuff that can/will return fire, you snipe by lining up the shot cloaked, uncloaking and firing as quickly as possible, then recloaking and moving. Any sniper that stays still after firing or remains ADS, either cloaked or uncloaked, will usually be on the receiving end of a headshot within a few seconds.

If it's a free upgrade then I guess there's no loss except the certs, but if you try and use it as intended to remain static and ADS whilst firing a bolt action, you'll die a hell of a lot. It's the same reason semi-auto sniper rifles aren't popular.
    • Up x 2
  12. Gazibah

I thought it just got added by the update today....
  13. Gammit

it did
  14. Gazibah

Yes, I was right, you were right, it did AND IT'S FREAKING AWESOME
  15. OddChelsea

It really, really is awesome.
  16. AdamRah

i can two shot someone with focused breath LELELELE
  17. Lucidius134

So it'a a straight upgrade?
    • Up x 1
  18. Xervous

Looks at laser sight >_>
  19. Lucidius134

Laser Sight is a straight upgrade because the downside is being unable to equip something else that will benefit you.

Foregrips on bolt actions?
    Flashlights on bolt actions?
  20. Regpuppy

Pretty much. There's virtually no downside to using it.

You only have to leave ADS to reload the magazine. Because of this, it actually feels like you have a shorter rechamber time as well, purely because there's no delay that you'd get from having to leave ADS to re-chamber. There's a slight shake when you're rechambering, but not enough to be jarring.

In short, it's a no-brainer upgrade like shotgun extended mags.