Why VS dominates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gritmo, Apr 14, 2014.

1. BorialisAurora

I personally fight everyone, I dont show preferences, just a wanting to generally kill all things that are not my sexy spandex brothers and sisters. But my outfit tends to run the width of continents during an alert going wherever we hope the fight is thickest to either slow down an enemy force or give the VS an extra squad or two.

HO5P leads the way!
  2. GoEErs

All hail the VS, You guys are the best, Hurrah for the Purple People, or wait.......Purple People Play Planetside Perfectly. Blah. Blah. Blah.
  3. Corporate Thug

Are you kidding? The VS have the best balance of rate of fire, damage per bullet and accuracy. Try engaging someone competent firing an orion or sva with an anchor and see how much damage they do before they die, then try engaging someone with an anchor while using your orion or sva. Or try using any of the other factions guns in the same ranges VS weapons are effective. Bad VS players are pretty easy to kill, ones that can't capitalize on the accuracy but their weapons are by no means less than the other factions. VS guns typically serve you well no matter what you do, while you have to swap load outs constantly with the NC and occasionally with the TR.
  4. iller

<Oh-its-this-thread-again.jpg>

Real answer everyone is looking for, lies with the NC ... and the TR to a degree. They love doing stupid things and not being penalized too much for it. They just don't have fun fighting Connery's Vanu who take stupid alerts way too seriously. You guys stifle the **** out of this game with your alert-zerging, latenight overpop, and overly-accurate weapons in general. Everyone's had enough of your ****.
  5. Ultimatestormer

Thanks for that, always good to know someone recognizes and appreciates us.

Anywho, I would say that at least some of our success in alerts comes from when we were severely under-popped, and adapting our strategies because of that. Some of the outfits have kept that under-popped mentality, while others use strategies more appropriate to our population. You get those two mindsets coordinating on leader chat, like we regularly do, and you have a scary fighting force across all of Auraxis, no matter the pops.
  6. maudibe

I think your overthinking it. I used to feel that way when i played TR, too. I would watch as the world pop of TR was like 24% and look incredulously at the map to see that the NC were not engaging in ANY battles of significance with the Vanu and say look its a conspiracy, to pick on the weak animal (TR). Later i realized that being in a zerg you just go where the zerg is going and after taking one base you go on to the next base (the nature of a zerg). You never decide to quit there and relocate across the map to fight another faction where your team is doing poorly, DO YOU?
    I play Vanu now, and see the same thing. I watch as the TR and NC are not fighting each other but both are fighting the Vanu.
    People do as they will and there is no conspiracy or real organization, i find. when i see the NC backed into their warpgate area i say to myself why not let them have their space and i quit fighting them to redeploy to the area where we are fighting the TR who own a much larger territory in relation ot their INDAR pop, so.... see ya on the battlefield. I find that even tho my faction may be low popped sometimes i can get into great battles where i wouldn't have expected it. My favorite battles are somewhat even matched 45-55% or less variance where there are at least more than 25 guys but less than 60 unless the base is really huge with a lot of cap points situated at a distance from each other and there isn't a huge air/armor contingency to deal with. I do like some air and armor however as it makes it more dicey and challenging.
  7. maudibe

I liked the accuracy of my MSW over the Orion. I know from VR experience that with a 4X scope and sitting back 75 meters the bullets wont even hit the practice dummy down the stairs at the shooting range without alot of control and even then its very bad.
    So i for one am not impressed with the Orion. The Edilon can put 5 in the head at the same distance easily just like the AMR. The Flare and other upgrades i think are more accurate at long range than the Orion but i haven't tested in battle.
    I agree accuracy is everything, i dont care if i have a 500 round mag if none of the bullets being sprayed hits the target. I get hit at long range by Gauss Saws all the time that i can only hit back well with the Battle rifle and not the Orion. They are shooting full auto and not single fire mode as i can tell by the misses going around me.

I was at Quartz Ridge last night and really impressed with the determination the NC showed to take the base. It was a great battle and once we (Vanu) got rid of the Sundy, they almost immediately showed up with a Gal drop and took back the cap points. After we killed off the interlopers they had already deployed another Sundy and i thought to myself, my god these guys are well organized and detemined, so thank you for the fun, NC. I like Recurssion as the high BRs are always real tough and i get my but kick more often than not (even tho i have the best weapons, LOL).
  8. Gritmo

"All hail the VS, You guys are the best, Hurrah for the Purple People, or wait.......Purple People Play Planetside Perfectly. Blah. Blah. Blah. "

See, that's what I was trying to tell you guys. Just bow down and worship us already. You may as well not drag out your pain and park your vehicles, empty, right in front of us so we can gain xp off them.

We just lost an alert... our platoon organization seemed out of whack, so I guess it's that.. I thought our Vanu genetics caused us to win the alerts, but maybe not.

Anyway, what's this "great accuracy" of Vanu weapons... I'm just wondering which guns they are.
  9. Humble Stanger

That errant tag here or there could be someone playing in a squad, 666 has about 30-40 give or take on any time except when they run OPs and that skyrockets to about 100-150. It's like what I've seen with other outfits in TR and VS, I only catch a glimpse of them here and there but never in serious numbers as well, but I know their there because I have a TR or VS alt and play in their outfits. I main NC on Connery and everything time I log in, it appears to me that there are less and less big outfits and more small no organization outfits. And besides, most of us have jobs and other things to do, we can't be around 24/7 playing PS2 and average login in last 30 days are 1/2 and last 7 days are 1/3 of our 1600 members, not a bad ratio compared because of the size of the outfit, none of the outfits are like themselves when PS2 launch or its prime. All in the end, I think most people stopped caring about which outfit the person they killed is in because it doesn't make a different to them.
  10. Llaf

You just proved my point. And by instagib I mean generally anything that kills before you can react or get away(Unavoidable death). Smg Inf, Shotgun, Pump Shotgun, Rocket Primary, C4, AP Mine, Bolt Action, Frags, Stickies, Commie/Knife Inf, MAX units, AV Turret, Vehicles in general, all of these things anyone can use, but I see VS using them far more often.

VS players seem to be better on average, and more organized, I will give you that, but when it comes to fighting them, I die many more times to the above than to what most would consider "standard" infantry weapons when fighting VS. It's extremely frustrating when you have so much high damage spam coming your way that you literally can't even shoot back unless you use the same high damage stuff right back.
  11. Humble Stanger

I'm not sure he's over thinking it, it might just be his PoV like you've stated but world pop doesn't mean that much when Indar is all 33/33/33 give or take a few percent during prime time and the other continent have +50% but I've noticed what hes stating but to a lot less of a degree, when I play TR, I often fight NC for a interesting fight because against the VS its either VS zerg or TR zerg, VS and TR don't often fight each other in big fights unless its during an alert or someone decided that clash 2 zergs together (well, atleast on Indar)
  12. Odin

You lost me when u said Vanu had worst guns. You haven't played long maybe but Vanu has the best lmg in game agreed by pretty much everyone. Ohh and the serpent which is tied for best carbine agreed by everyone pretty much and your medics are probably tied for best ar's.
    I dunno where you thought otherwise but data and stats show it.
    Name one lmg better than the Orion? Nope can't, name one carbine better than the serpent/gd7f (they are the same FYI) and if you complain about the v67 ar I dunno what to tell u. Your gun arsenal is amazing and has no holes.
  13. Gritmo

BTW, it's not that VS doesn't fight TR, it's just how many connections you have to the opposite team.

Say, like, it's indar territory control.. and TR and VS regions connect 5 places, while TR and NC regions connect 3 places... you'll find 5 battles between TR and VS, and 3 battles between TR and NC.

Now, if NC is in the lead, you can expect both VS and TR to both gun for NC to try and take first... unless someone's really just trying to secure second, which is like never.

If NC takes an early lead in the alerts, due to their pop being 25% higher than TR and VS... so, both VS and TR are going to gun for NC.

I useta hear a bunch of rumors about how NC and TR are conspiring together, now it's TR and VS. Usually, these are unfounded.

If I have a choice between fighting 30 NC or 30 TR, i'll probably fight NC because I find them easier to fight. I think TR weapons that are played are better.