So you took the x2 burst fire off of the Inquisitor.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Facta, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Facta

You nerfed the MCG, even though it really couldn't have gotten much worse.

Instead of reducing the magazine size to 20, you just made the Inquisitor useless again.

You made the Lynx into a very TR carbine, I'll give you that. You also took away its .75 ADS movement speed leaving TR with only two .75 ADS weapons left, where the NC have three and the VS have four.

The only good thing coming from this update will be the Cougar, which is a clone of another faction's weapon with 5 more bullets, longer reloads, and worse velocity.

You made minute changes to the Vulcan and Striker that really aren't noticeable at all. I figure you have more changes planned but as of now it just looks like you're putting a band-aid on it.

Let me ask you SOE, how could you have come to this after elevating the hopes of TR so much? You dangle something amazing in front of our noses and yank it away at the last moment.

We, the playerbase, even gave you amazing ideas for the MCG revamp (among other ideas), but not only did you not give them a chance, I'm not sure if you even decided to listen at all.

How did it come to this? We have one weapon rework that ends up being not that different from before and a new weapon that just fills a role that we were missing without adding anything new (not like that's a bad thing, just pointing it out). The rest of the changes were just disappointments.
    • Up x 16
  2. TheBloodEagle

What, really? No more x2 burst? I was looking forward to that. Gosh, what's going on with SOE?
    • Up x 7
  3. iPlague

They should have "remade" the Inquisitor just like they did with the Lynx really.

Like 143 Damage x2 burst with a total RPS of 7-8, meaning making a high rate somewhat accurate pistol on par with the Desperado.
    Limiting it's max ROF to 450 from 500.

My "proposed changes" New Inquisitor
    Changing Inquisitor ROF to 400 from 500, hence limiting it's Rounds Per Second to 6.66 from 8.3
    It's change in ROF would mean a decrease in DPS from 1265 to 953.33
    Keeping bullet damage at 143.
    Enabling 2x Burst Mode.

Changing Magazine Capacity from 30 Bullets to 24.
    Ammo pool from 90 to 72

Other than that having it remain it's COF and ADS stats this would be a good pistol on par with the Desperado without overpowering it by any means

The gun, like any other 143 tier damage weapon would kill a target in 6-7 shots in the chest, but would kill a target, just like the desperado, by shooting 2 perfect bursts in the head.
    (Technically the Desperado only needs 3 shots in the head, but the Inquisitor would need 4 due to it being a tier lower)
    • Up x 1
  4. NoctD

Typical SOE. Really - all TR should stop spending money on this game, and let SOE just bleed until they all have no more jobs.
    • Up x 3
  5. Facta

I would be fine with turning the Inquisitor into a full-auto pistol that's 750/125 or something weird like 780/125. Might as well do something cool even if it's not optimal.
    • Up x 2
  6. iPlague

That would be dangerously close to the Repeater.... I don't support your suggestion :p
  7. Klondor

I'm so completely dissapointed with these last minute changes they've made. We've been needing a little morale boost for so long, they gave it to us and then Effed us over once again and to be honest, i'm 100% NOT surprised in the least. I was truly looking forward to the inquisitor change, that would make using the stalker cloak that much more efficient because i don't like using the repeater for it or the emperor, the Inquisitor was my 1 saving grace for dealing damage without a primary.

As it goes, the list of disappointments is just going to keep stacking.
    • MCG revamp was a total bust, attachment RoF was reduced from 920 to around 844. Cone of fire was changed and now it's performance is less than the jackhammer at the range it was meant to fight at. Spin mechanic still has not been redone.
    • x2 burst was removed from one of the most promising sidearms in the game with seemingly no good reason for doing so.
    • Striker still has not been reworked after countless suggestions, many of which are absolutely brilliant and balanced to boot.
    • Prowler main cannons were nerfed, yet Vanu and Conglomerate tanks remain unchanged until further notice

I'm just becoming more and more dissapointed with each pass, because we always get hit the hardest every single time.
    • Up x 11
  8. Shubniggurath

Reverting the Inquisitor sucks! I'm starting to get worried that what's on test now is the sum of the "revamp". Higby acknowledged the Striker is flawed here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...soe_who_will_answer_some_of/cftp3g5?context=3

"| 8 - State of the Striker
    The Striker is in a tough spot as a weapon. It's basically the opposite of what we want out of a great feeling gun in PS2, or at least it was before it got over-nerfed. That is, when you're playing against them it's impossible to deal with, when you're using one personally they're unsatisfying. We will have some buffs for the Striker in the April update, stay tuned."

If it remains the Annihilator 2.0 +/- it will be extremely disappointing. How hard can it be to make it a dumbfire launcher?
  9. DeadliestMoon

Dumbfire? Why would you want it to be dumbfire when you have access to your standard launcher and the decimator?
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadliestMoon

We could assume balancing is going on. Bu5 frankly, why should TR get a second burst fire pistol when VS has none?
  11. Shubniggurath

The ideal was to turn it into a Fracture style high velocity launcher. Not the deci.
    • Up x 7
  12. minhalexus

About the MCG, people were not happy with the 920 Rpm because it did not really decrease the spin up time. The 844 model makes it nearly unnoticeable.

Prowler had its main cannon nerfed.
    Mag has its Saron nerfed.
    Vanny has its shield and enforcer nerfed.

Did you assume that the NC and VS MBT's were unchanged?
  13. DeadliestMoon

That sounds kinda cheesy, especially when you remember how the actual Fractures are being used in live play. (Using a Fracture MAX in a biolab, really?)
  14. Shubniggurath

Actually it would be a harder to use version of the Lancer. I rather that then a poor mans lock on (which is worse then the Lancer).
    • Up x 3
  15. DevDevBooday

Uhh because we are the RoF faction?
    Why do you have guns with no bullet drop when TR has none?
    • Up x 10
  16. Facta

What would you rather go against? A rocket launcher that would take 3-5 shots to kill you with no splash, or a rocket launcher that 1-shots you in one hit or rips your shields off with splash like the default launchers do? It would be faster to kill someone with an Inquisitor that with a dumbfire Striker.
  17. Klondor

Guess i got so caught up in our own changes that i forgot they changed those.
    • Up x 1
  18. Admiralty

Inquisitor : Full auto, high recoil - almost like a Glock 18 in other games

Striker : High velocity, fracture style coyote launcher for air targets.
    • Up x 2
  19. TheBloodEagle

I'd personally love a high velocity launcher, similar to a Carl Gustav. Here's what they could do.
    • Zero Splash Damage / Indirect Damage | PURE AP rocket
    • Warhead Activation Distance at least 15 meters as to subdue use in CQC
    • Possibly have proximity fuse just like Bursters when near Aircraft as to still be useful against Air
    • Up x 3
  20. Klondor

You're kidding right? TR is the faction who's primary focus is Rate of Fire, magazine size, and just putting out more bullets down range than anyone else at the cost of damage. VS focuses on accuracy, lower recoil, faster reload, and little to no projectile gravity, you dont need a burst fire pistol, hell NC shouldn't have even gotten one in the first place.
    • Up x 3