Upgrade now!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrgsubzero, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Jrgsubzero

I'm currently using a GTS 450 and it is starting to die on me. When I am less broke, what is the best upgrade for my dollar?
  2. DJPenguin

dollar for value wise if you're sticking with nvidia, a x60 card ie. 660. 500 series cards are starting to become hard to come by but still run modern games very well, though. 700 series seems overkill atm, there really isn't anything out there that a 500/600 series card can't run just fine.
  3. AzureKnight

Well, if you're running a bit cheaper, and if you can find one, I'm still loving my GTX 550 TI. Couple years old but still runs many games on high graphics.

A newer card may be the way to go in the end though.
  4. Jrgsubzero

Sounds good. Still regret not upgrading when you got free SC for doing so.

You probably won't still be playing Planetside 2 in a year I said, just wait for it to be cheaper.
  5. z1967

I would get a GTX 660 (2 GB if you can) or a GTX 650 TI Boost (2 GB if you can). I used both and loved them. GTX 660 is a marginal improvement but does best if you want to run on higher graphics. Also, mine is not being affected by the crashes and black screen bugs so that is a plus.
  6. Eyeklops

The only card worth upgrading to is the Nvidia Titan Black, at least for me.
  7. BiggggBRIM

Why would a $1,000 video card be the only card worth upgrading too? For gaming a 780 ti beats it on stock speeds alone.
  8. Chubzdoomer

Quad Titans is the only way to go.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eyeklops

10. BiggggBRIM

At least for you? You mean, you actually want to spend an extra $250 for a video card and get worse performance than something cheaper? After you are done setting money on fire I'd love to sell you a great timeshare in the beautiful city of Chernobyl.
  11. Eyeklops

What are you talking about "worse" performance.
  12. BiggggBRIM

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/02/26/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-review/11

Article conclusion: "Even if you're chasing the very best gaming performance, GTX Titan Black is a waste of money (though we're sure that still won't stop some people buying four). Pre-overclocked GTX 780 Ti cards will outperform it with ease, and even stock cards have a tonne of headroom for extra performance. For now, the 6GB of VRAM does nothing to boost performance in games, even in demanding triple screen and 4K tests."
  13. Bush82

like someone else said a 650ti is good value. anymore seems overkill. it runs everything ive thrown at it on medium to max.