What Happened to Hurakan Interlink?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Longshotrider, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Longshotrider

If you have been to Hossin before the recent updates, you probably would have seen a base called Hurakan Interlink. It was a large base with a massive satellite on the top of it and required people to hack light bridge consoles to be able to get to the third control console, allowing at whole new aspect of the game to be introduced, DROPPING UNSUSPECTING ENEMIES TO THEIR DEATHS! But if you have been to where the interlink used to be, all you will find is a Tech Plant named "Hurakan Tech Plant."

This is what it looks like on the map and what it used to look like:
    [IMG]

This is what it looks like now:
    [IMG]

I understand if it was too hard on the clients to load but iv'e not heard any reasons for the base being taken out, it also annoys me to see this amazing base with such great potential to be scrapped and taken out of the game. I know i'm not alone when I say I like seeing new things being introduced into Planetside and this was one of those things I was really looking forward to when Hossin was announced, getting to fight and play in this map ( I also wanted to drop people to their deaths with the new light bridges). And I know that one of the reasons for taking this out is due to resource revamp not being live yet but I still would love to have this in-game.

Now I may just not have seen the notes on this or someone knows something that I don't about this so please inform me of any information on this.

And finally SOE, if there is a reason for taking this amazing base out please tell us if you haven't already, I know that a lot of people were exited for this base and I would love to get some more info on its disappearance.
  2. RIctavius

It was pulled for improvement and preformance passes - apparently the data amount would have tanked regular PCs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Longshotrider

Thanks for the info, I thought that might be the case but I couldn't find any information about it on the forums, it may just have been I didn't look hard enough but I couldn't find it in any of the Hossin announcements. I still wish that something like this would be added because it was such a cool addition to the game, but I understand.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  4. libbmaster

I'm pretty sure that not being able to decide on a benefit for holding the place was one of the reasons it was pulled.

But yes, frames per second was another factor.
  5. Chubrokoli

awesome base got trashed because of trash pc's? :(
  6. OddChelsea

Would you rather have a game where those with trash PCs just don't play? Because the players are just as much the content as the bases are and at this point in the game's life we need every player possible.