[Suggestion] Revamping the GD-7F into a 167@680

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Apr 10, 2014.

1. minhalexus

Now we all know that the GD-7F has an insane DPS of 2013.
    And i agree that its quite high for a carbine.

And we all know that the TR has hated that the NC got such a high DPS carbine, while they got one with 1893 DPS.

Why i like this idea even though I'm NC?

Simply because I play NC to use NC guns and not TR guns. Besides i would prefer that they nerf this and get this weapon in line with other weapons than keeping the huge gap between this weapon and other weapons.

So my possible fix:-
    Revamp it into a 167@680.

Comparing DPS:-

GD-7F = 2013
    Lynx 2.0 = 1893
    GD-7F (167@680 model) = 1892

DPM:-

GD-7F = 4290
    Lynx 2.0 = 5000
    GD-7F (167@680 model) = 5010

Legend:-
    Red = Unbalanced
    Green = Balanced
    Blue = Balancing point

You might wonder how this is gonna balance with the 167@632 carbine NC is getting.

GD-7F (2.0) can be the equivalent of Lynx.
    Bandit can be the equivalent of the Jaguar. (better at accuracy and all)

Other stats can be tested later, if this version makes it into the PTS.
  2. z1967

If it goes that route it is gonna have the accuracy of a drunk bond villain shooting from the hip with only one hand and is mounted on a fan on high speed. I mean, the accuracy would go from carbine to shotgun before you even get 6 killing rounds out :| But meh, restoring some faction identity would be cool I guess.
    • Up x 1
  3. minhalexus

It should have similar accuracy to the Lynx overall, slightly worse because of the burst damage it provides.
    Damage drop-off can be high to limit this gun into CQC only department.
  4. Regpuppy

nahhhh, I don't think changing it to a 167 is needed or even sane. That would mean we'd have 6 out of 7 of our carbines as the same damage tier. Don't you think that's going to put us into the same situation that necessitated the TR carbine revamp?

I'd rather something more clever. Even to the point of throwing down new damage tiers or even some weird 200 damage tier CQC mutant with low min damage.
  5. minhalexus

As i said, i play NC to play NC and not TR.
    Damage tier alone does not prove anything, not as long as your compare the RoF's as well.

More damage tiers will not help all that much, since suppose a 180 damage tier will still take 6 bullets to kill along with the 167 damage tiers.

200 mutant beast might work, but again RoF is what matters most in CQC.
  6. Taemien

Why not change it to 200@572?

Same DPS as the Carv (and I mean exact). And we get another 200 dmg weapon. I would love to have multiple 200 dmg weapons in each class of weapons. Or at least 2.

Enough with 143 and 167 dmg tiers. We're NC.
  7. Regpuppy

I totally get that, but it's not exactly the best reason to make it yet another carbine with the same damage tier as most of the other carbines in our selection. There's only so many variations of accuracy and rate of fire before guns of the same tier start falling through the cracks. (which is pretty much the exact same situation that prompted a TR revamp)

Which is why I suggested the 200 tier CQC option. It'd be a lot different if done right and given decent rof for it's damage tier. But you could cut down it's min damage at range and do all the necessary tweaks to accommodate that.

^ what he said. If we're going to make GD-7F more NC for the sake of being NC. We should go all the way.
  8. bPostal

I just hate the GD-7F because it keeps killing me.

That probably makes me a bad person.
    • Up x 1
  9. NoctD

Stop - I like bullet hoses, and I've had the GD-7F for a long time.

Go play with the new Bandit, just leave my GD-7F alone! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  10. minhalexus

Well actually sure why not.

Options:-

1) 200@570 with 25 round magazine = About same DPS and equal DPM
    2) 167@680 with 30 round magazine = About same DPS and equal DPM

The only thing is that going from 143 to 200 is a HUGE revamp as compared to going 167.
  11. Taemien

I want more 200dmg weapons and I have SC to burn.
  12. Regpuppy

It also plays a lot different as well. But it'll be more NC and, in theory, useful than more of the same.
  13. doombro

Reduce the magazine size to 20-25, in that case. You should keep potential kills in mind while balancing weapons.
  14. JP_Russell

Nah, I like it where it is. High fire rate helps with hit confirmation at the same time that it punishes undisciplined firing, as the weapon runs out of ammo in no time and takes forever to reload considering.

For the record, high fire rates aren't meant to be anybody's faction trait in particular in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  15. Iridar51

I support this, current GD-7F feels in no way like an NC weapon, and 2000+ DPS is a bit too much.
  16. Epic High Five

It would be using 167 damage round bloom, so it would pretty much be firing sideways after 6 rounds.

Small mag+high ROF+long *** reload is also bad bad bad.

Omg this. Maybe a medic/engie medic/heavy specific 200dmg SABR-style burst rifle (tiny FSRM, terrible on move great still)
  17. Brandmon

Gief 360@300?

Please?
  18. Epic High Five

Good lord what would a carbine of all weapons look like if it were designed to fire .30-06 rounds
  19. Paperlamp

Because TTK matters more than DPS and that would be absurd burst.
  20. Brandmon

With redneck gauss technology, everything is possible.
    • Up x 1