Why do you play on Indar?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by stalkish, Apr 9, 2014.

1. stalkish

Agree completely
    Braggin rights aside i feel its a horrible cont to fight on when compared to Amerish.
    +1 for home conts, defo would be good, id like to see a sanctuary for each empire aswel but thats a pipe dream at this point.
  2. Gritmo

Honestly, indar battles take the longest. The hardcore xp'ers get their xp from big long battles, not driving back and forth in between battles, so they all go to indar. Then, wherever these guys go, everyone else is sure to follow just to play with the great leaderboarders.

Either that, or they just get stuck there... "Hey, let's try Indar.. whoops, we're in a 40 minute battle for the crown.. oh well, let's keep going"

I think Amerish has the most interesting battles, too, like you said.. but the roads between zones can be really long and windy. For hardcore stat mongers, sitting in the sunderer for 3 minutes between fights is too long.. they'd rather just sit at the crown all day long.

I really hate quartz ridge.. what a long drawn, lousy fight that always is... but there's always like 50-100 people playing at that particular spot.
  3. stalkish

For those of us who dont know, that reason was?
  4. stalkish

Good points, the length of the battles does come into play.
    Ive had long battles on Amerish tho but your right, places like quartz are pretty much always long lasting (and theres always a fight there). Dont get me wrong i enjoy the long fights the most, reminds me of hrs and hrs of assaulting the same base on ps1, but i do think battles on Amerish could be equally long, and more entertaining simply because of the layout of the terrain.
  5. JudgeDeath

I play on indar because it has most pop on it ... atleast once a while you can get the feeling of a massive battle.

During alerts I play where its most useful ... aka Esamir or Amerish.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stormsinger

Esamir is amazing for vehicles until base fights happen - we have wide open spaces, and you can generally navigate easily without running into hills coated in NOPE. If you push to a base with vehicles, win an armor vs armor encounter - you need to get out of your vehicle and physically enter the base to contribute (in most cases) ... While this is necessary in many cases, people prefer not to abandon a high-cost vehicle they have put significant investment into to cap and hold a point. I'm not saying they shouldnt, but forcing a scenario where this must happen is not ideal to encourage players to fight here.

Revamped Amerish excellent all around, save for a few categories. Navigation by land is still an enormous pain - when gunning a vehicle, I frequently hear the driver grumbling about maps in proxy chat. With endless expanses of mountain coated in NOPE, many will spend endless minutes spinning their wheels at an impassible incline that greased-up-deaf-guy could wriggle up with nothing but his toenails. Traffic jams are common, and there are MANY areas where the vehicle pad is a 30+ second run through a complex base design is necessary to check for mines, C4, and ambush tanks.
    To reach a fight, you have to drive for a geologic age to reach just a few bases away. (I LIKE the spread-out bases and long roads - it makes for great vehicle combat, plenty of air ambush spots with lots of cover, etc... but indar is easier. That's the key here. Your standard Auraxian will gravitate towards easy.)
    Given population caps being (I'm assuming) the same as indar, you wont have easy access to lots of fights without expending a good bit of effort, especially during offtimes. When there ARE good ginormous fights, performance slogs to a slow, squishy halting series of frames during which you can occasionally shoot at something, only to rage when hit detection fails / errors / laughs in your face.

Indar is easy to navigate, has a variety of base designs, has a variety of terrain to fight around, and has MBT terminals every fifteen feet or so. Generally speaking, it's just easier for players to use. I think Amerish would see quite a bit more population if more / easier vehicle passable roads were added over mountains. Let people get from base to base without having to backtrack around a friggin' mountain range, and mark most of the roads clearly on the map.

A bit off topic, but I would love to see long, wide tunnels THROUGH the mountains. An immense tunnel, perhaps with a base or so... one at each end, with small rooms and spawn tubes that would allow for vehicle assault from cover (Perhaps with fallen rock and outcroppings for sundies to hide behind from aforementioned cover) Put a room beneath / above the underpass, still in the mountain, with a single cap point. Allow teleporter access to (but not from) the room from a small facility above, and remove the base from lattice system. Allowing gal drops / stealth caps from behind, giving outgunned and outzerged factions a back door would add quite a bit to new-amerish's appeal.

TL:DR
    I want a jar of NOPE to throw at enemy armor. Also, words.
  7. Goden

- Most pop.
    - Biggest continent.
    - Most space between bases.
    - Bases are not utter garbage like Amerish. (Yet).
    - Good terrain variety.
  8. dBMachine

I never liked Esamir that much since the remake. I'm not a fan of the big walls.

The amerish remake I do like. It's a shame that not more people play there. But sometimes Amerish is just a pain in the *** to get around.

Indar usually has the most pop plus it's the first in the list and the first continent I ever got dropped on when I was a brand new player. I think it has that 'home field turf' kind of feel to it.

Indar is also the most diverse terrain wise.
  9. Solidpew

It is most definitely a matter of pride! What base would you rather hold?

The jagged and commanding fortress known as the Crown?
    The hidden, rocky mountain hideaway known as the Ascent?
    Or perhaps the octagon shaped base known as.. the Octagon?

Hm, one of these has a tough selling point. :eek:
  10. Timithos

I don't play on Indar. I haven't stepped foot there since the Amerish revamp. I haven't even touched Esamir. I play on the continent with the most defensible designed bases, and that is Amerish. I won't step off of Amerish until Hossin arrives.

People think players are on Indar because of some feature or design, but it's simply crowd psychology. It's been reinforced over and over that Indar will provide the most population to play with, and that is embedded in people's pyschy.
    • Up x 1
  11. ExarRazor

I play on indar because esamir has way too many unnessecary walls, and getting around in a ground vehicle on amerish is a HUGE pain in the ***. I don't fly because 1) I suck at it, and 2) whenever I try, im blasted out of the air in seconds, often before I even get to the place I was trying to go to
  12. MorganM

I don't buy this "Esamir has walls, duh" argument. Long before it had any walls nobody played on their.

I also don't buy the "Everyone is on Indar cuz everyone is on Indar" argument. Now that the new Amerish is out we see people on Amerish all the time now where as before it was almost always empty. People love Indar because it's a stellar continent that has a great mix of everything. The new Amerish is amazing and the population reflect this IMHO. I personally spend most my time there now. I can always find a fight even at weird off-peak hours. Indar still commands a lead in population but we've seen a significant shift after the revamp. So this tells me that if they build a continent equal to or superior to Indar people would move to it.

I still think Indar is the best and Amerish is a close second. Looks like a lot of people agree with that since Indar still leads in population.
  13. GigaDager

I WANT to play on Esamir and Amerish. But nobody's there.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sulsa

HAHAHAHAHAHA! +1

My theory:
    Indar being the first continent, I'm guessing the devs were doing some internal trials and seeing how different terrains would affect fights. They realized an entire map of any of the three landscapes found on Indar would be boring / frustrating so they left it as a continent with variations.
    That is my draw to Indar even though Amerish was, and is now more than ever, my favorite. You can tool around Indar and find different landscapes to fight on, each presenting different challenges in combat. Esamir and Amerish are each made from a single palette. I actually don't think that's a weakness with Esamir and Amerish, but compared to a diverse map like Indar, it makes them feel less dynamic.
  15. smokemaker

Why do you play on Indar?

I need to kill people in the digital world. I go where the people are. They are all on indar.

When was the last time you were force to spawn on another continent due to player populations... A few months ago? yea...

There is no longer the population required to lock a continent. So until SOE does it with a patch i see indar as the place to be.
  16. Fangry

Esamir is **** for vehicles since you cant see ****
  17. Levtech

I usually do not have issues finding fights on all the continents, and I like each continent equally after all the changes have evened my opinions out. Hossin will probably be my favorite when it is released, as long as it has good fights. Can't wait to be flying through the treetops or driving through the swampy forest floors of Hossin. The main factors that determine the continent I play on are: where friends are, resources, fights/population, and the mood I'm in.
    • Up x 1
  18. AMARDA

Northen Indar is some of the best engagements in Planetside 2. Just needs a few Base redesigns to touch it up and you might have my perfect game. Southern Indar can get stuffed for the most part.
  19. bPostal

Indar is usually the only continent with something even close to 33/33/33 pop. This means it has the highest chance of having equal popped hexes, which in my experience, mean a better chance at a good fight.
  20. Thpthpthp

I don't know how it is on other servers, but on Waterson outside alerts, Amerish and Esimir are just dead and empty 90% of the time. Doesn't seem to be enough pop to support large battles on any more than 1 continent, and even then only during prime time.