NC: Should I buy the Rebel pistol?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Gbhinks, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Gbhinks

So I'm a NC infil, and when I go in buildings I usually switch to my standard pistol since I'll have a better chance of killing someone indoors with it. I've been looking at the Rebel pistol and I'm debating if it's worth the upgrade.

So to anyone that has it, would you say it's worth the upgrade over stock pistol?
  2. Canaan

Honestly, I think you should trial it and see if you like it or not.

It's -

4 hits vs 5.
    8 rounds vs 15 rounds.
    Slow refire rate vs Tolerable refire rate.

And as far as I've noticed, everything else they pretty much match up on.
  3. Novmiech

IIRC its a 3 shot kill - or a headshot +1. Its a handheld Gauss SPR - totally worth it.

Edit: ^ This guy says its 4 - I'm TR so he probably knows better than me, that said I still love the Deagle powerhouse approach to handguns and I know I personally would get it be it 3 or 4.
  4. Gbhinks

@Canaan I tested it out yesterday but I could not find any situation to use it. I tried defending buildings but was going up against tanks, so no luck there. Then later I found a good infantry battle but they were all too far off for the pistol :(. Then the trial ended. But I appreciate the replies so far.
  5. VKhaun

The idea is that when your mag runs dry in your primary and you know you've messed up the other guy, you pull your side arm instead of reloading because it's faster. The Rebel is better at that than the default pistol because it does more damage on the first shot and so is more likely to give them that extra incentive to respawn. If you're talking about shot three from either pistol, you should have reloaded.

If you're trying to evaluate it like you're going to fight carbines with it after you're totally out of ammo rather than just reloading... just go with the one you like the feel of. All of them have a distinct disadvantage vs everything, with no need to nitpick between them.
    • Up x 1
  6. medbot544

Rebel is worth it imo. Hit's like a truck and a great gun to swap to if your primary runs dry.

Best part about it is that it is universal so once you unlock it; all your dudes on that server can use it.
  7. DrankTHEKoolaid

I would say it's worth it for sure, damage is noticeably better. In most FPS's I play I like to pair up hard hitting sidearms with hard hitting Primaries, so I def use this when sniping.
  8. Hosp

Rebel vs NC-4 = .45cal vs 9mm

I don't use it on my infil as I like the extra bullets if I'm not using the Scout Rifle, BUT I do use it on the HA as it's the perfect finishing weapon in a toe-to-toe where you both go dry. Swap to this rather than trying to out reload your enemy. Cus you wont.
  9. m44v

if you can land most shots or pull headshots with your pistol then probably is worth it. I haven't used it but I think I will stick to the default myself.
  10. grin

I would buy it in a heartbeat but I am Vanu. Our upgrade pistol is the mag-shot.
  11. Jeos DInas

I am a big fan of it. If you're that close, you generally only have a few shots compared to most people you'll run into, unless you're running its a scout rifle (negating, for a time, the need for a pistol). Rebel lets you nab your headshots nice and easy.
  12. MykeMichail

If you tend to get into a lot of CBQ as an infiltrator, you should consider saving your CERTs for a semi-auto Sniper or Scout Rifle or for the full-auto scout rifle. With a x4 scope you can still pull off some long-range headshots but its not so far zoomed in that you have to hip fire at short ranges.
  13. Raidashi

My NC swears by the rebel. Powerful, effective, great for a "oh **** i need to kill you with a side arm" moment. I've lost against many pistol fights VS these, and have won just as many by using them....

Its an all out upgrade to me. I'd say get it!
  14. Malevictus

I bought the Rebel last week and haven't regretted the purchase, well worth it :)
  15. Crackulous

If you can't trial it for the day. Just create a new character to trial it on, then delete it if you wish.
  16. a4555in

Totally worth the 250 certs imo..almost auraximed it. But then again I've never bought any 1k cert secondary.
  17. ZeroErrorz

stalker+silenced rebel= james bond with a trusty deagle/ppk... lol
  18. Heyitsrobbie1984

dude get a rebel pistol with a silencer and go with the stalker cloak. you wont regret it. 2 shot to the head is pretty quick though
  19. Kriegson

Ironically, both NC pistols are .50 cals.

OT:
    Magshot is fine. Rebel is a good sidearm but if you're going to run stalker and primary magshot will do just fine for you and be a bit easier to use with higher RoF and mag size. BOTH of them are amazingly quiet with silencers as well.

If you are talking about maining the pistol, and can consistently land headshots with a low ammo, low rof weapon, go rebel.
    If you aren't entirely confident in your ability to land every single shot, that's no problem. Not everyone is a sprint-jump-360-noscope FPS hero.
    • Up x 2
  20. ShotgunGuru

I am thinking of the Stalker and Rebel combo, any tips besides aiming for the head?