New Vanu LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by jbird, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jbird

Hi, I have been using the orion for a while and I love this gun for its CQB abilities but I feel it is a bit lacking at mid ranged combat when outside. I want to buy a new LMG that is good at both short and mid ranged combat. I dont have any station cash so I wont be aiming for the ursa. I am considering between the pulsar LSW, the flare, and the SVA88 because they are cheaper. Any suggestions?
  2. Dead soldier

I like the flare, mostly because I like shooting 150 rounds at things and hoping they'll die. I'd go with the flare or SVA-88 myself but it's up to you.
  3. Trollakhiin

I'd say the SVA-88.
    • Up x 1
  4. ElectricSheepDream

SVA-88.
    • Up x 1
  5. ShortRovnd

K/D: 0.96
  6. Mongychops

As has already been said, go for the SVA-88.

• Put a forward grip and compensator on it.Like the Orion, you have 0.75x ADS movement speed, so you will want as many attachments as possible improving the weapons performance while aiming, and reducing the high horizontal & vertical recoil.
    • For the scope, I would not go any higher than 2x, and a lot of the time you will be comfortable using iron-sights or 1x.
    • I would not recommend the high velocity ammunition, because the downside of extra vertical recoil is bad when the recoil is already quite high. Then the benefits of HVA are not useful when the bullet velocity is already one of the highest in the game, and the damage only drops one tier from max to min with distance.
    • Up x 1
  7. Gundem

And his say is any less valid because?..

(Batman ***** slaps)
  8. reydelchicken

SVA-88 and Flare are both good options from what I've seen.
    Alternatively you could try your luck with the NS-15m.
    • Up x 1
  9. asdfPanda

At what ranges are you having trouble with the orion? For me, I can deal with targets up to 60-70m easily. If you want something other than the orion, however, the SVA-88 or Flare should suit you well. You might like the SVA-88 because it has a more relateable rate of fire and the same ads speed multiplier.
  10. Tanchester

The Flare is gonna get you killed so many times in short range. I mean, it's just a slow firing weapon good for medium range, but I don't see why anybody would want to get it really. Some of my friends play the flare well and they've had a great amount of success with it, but what you're looking for is both Short and Medium range... So I'm guessing the 'lesser evil' is the SVA 88. The Pulsar LSW is also quite good, but none of these LMG weapons are good at short range.

Maybe you should try playing other classes like the Light Assault, Engineer or Medic. Medics have really good short+medium range weapons.

Anyway, hope this helps you with your choice!

See you!
  11. Dead soldier

your point? I sucked when first played this game because there wasn't any tutorial and I had to learn by myself. I also always tried to fly before VR training which resulted in many many crashes.
  12. Vivicector

SVA-88, no doubt. Mobile, high damage, universal, more or less predictable recoil.
  13. Crackulous

Its much easier maintaining a high K/D being a in a tank, aircraft, or MAX than as infantry.

Other than the Orion, I'm fond of the Polaris. I'm rather inexperienced with LMGs though, so don't take my word for it.
  14. Mongychops

Then again, according to the DA stats ( http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/billneye ), your KDR with the various LMGs are:

SVA-88: 1.39
    Orion: 1.224
    Pulsar LSW: 1.027
    Polaris: 0.908
    Flare: 0.871

So I'Il chalk up one more for the SVA-88 master race? :p

Before you complain, I'm just having a bit of fun. Yes, I know the sample size for the weapons are too small to be accurate, and it depends when you used the weapon (the same reason my KD/R with the VX6-7 is so bad, is because I bought it the week I started playing in one of the bundles, and played support engineer as a noob).

Also, I've barely used the SVA-88 since the PU02 nerf, since I've been trying to auraxium the Flare, funnily enough.
  15. Vikingo

LOL, and your point being?!
  16. yeHHH1g

honestly, auraxiuming the sva-88 was pretty painful for me. easiest lmg to hit medium and long-range targets with is definitely the ns-15, thing has zero recoil basically. 1x, laser-sight and you will be good to go. Orion ***** everything though, dunno why anyone stops using it
  17. Bl4ckVoid

LSW Pulsar or get the Lasher for totally different playstyle.

Pulsar is probably most hated VS LMG due to the fact that is a low cost weapon that is very easy to handle. People do not like making bad investment (worse and higher cost LMG), so they go right into denial. Sad but true.

Try both in SVA and Pulsar in VR and decide.
  18. sindz

Agreed. LSW is underrated. It might not have 0.75x, but it has faster reload, better recoil (a bit higher first recoil, yes), easier to control recoil and 400 certs less, so still a solid pick up, if you dont want to spend 500 certs.
  19. Shinniok

Try the SVA-88 . Use all it's perks except maybe for the high velocity ammo (but im not sure on this one). Both weapons Orion and SVA88 are really good, but SVA is my personal favorite.
  20. Talthos

I personally fell in love with my Polaris. 100 round clip, and soft point ammo are already nice features to begin with. I find that contrary to what 100 rounds would imply, you don't really "spray" with the Polaris. Rather, you attempt "bursting" with it, as in holding fire for about 1-1.5 seconds, then letting go to let your recoil reset, then bursting again.

At point blank, obviously it gets outplayed by LMGs with higher rates of fire, but at short to mid range, it's pretty nifty. It's also the only LMG that I've gotten a purple medal on, and the only weapon in general, :D